• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Watch out for Ghosts! (Read the First Post!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
    Years

You guys are getting me tempted to download it, but I don't know if I'll actually play it, haha.

(My sister plays it, though... xD)

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
    Years
    BOO

Sven you didnt put a number in your one post plus you actually bolded the number counts but not your own number! *starts having a breakdown*
    NOW WE CAN ALL START OVER AGAIN

Meadow

Years

Time for a new topic, then? :D

How do you guys feel about accuracy? Do you feel that some moves miss too often, even for their own percentages? Discuss! :3

Dedenne1

Years
    Eww accuracy
    Its just so frustrating when sheer cold hits you 4 times in a row then you use thunder and You Missed! haha...it makes competitive battling crazy that's for sure.

I think all the one hit ko attacks should be risen to 40% honestly i mean they're kinda useless sometimes haha and that extra 10% would help a bit.

Meadow

Years

Haha, I don't think one-hit KO moves should exist in the first place, unless they're somehow designed to be balanced moves that don't rely on pure luck (which is highly unlikely, I believe).

As for accuracy, I feel that Stone Edge kinda misses too much for its own good, despite 80% sounding like a relatively high percentage. xD

DyingWillFlareon

Burning Candle
    Years

"Accuracy"

Oh please noo.
    I was having trouble hitting something the other day, and though I forgot what it was the pain is still real.

On another note, I finally beat Red on SoulSilver the other day and I was so upset that with -6 Accuracy eveything he had knew Blizzard and it kept hitting and even thoigh I won I wanted to throw the ds and halfway through the battle I remembered- IT'S HAILING IN GAME. I was crying I think.

Meadow

Years

Don't you guys ever find it weird when a move misses against a sleeping, paralyzed, or frozen Pokémon? And what's even weirder is that it sometimes says that the Pokémon "avoided" the attack, despite being asleep/frozen/incapacitated. xD

"Accuracy"

Oh please noo.
    I was having trouble hitting something the other day, and though I forgot what it was the pain is still real.

On another note, I finally beat Red on SoulSilver the other day and I was so upset that with -6 Accuracy eveything he had knew Blizzard and it kept hitting and even thoigh I won I wanted to throw the ds and halfway through the battle I remembered- IT'S HAILING IN GAME. I was crying I think.

Ouch. xD I know how you feel, though it's usually the sandstorms that give me headaches with accuracy. >.<

DyingWillFlareon

Burning Candle
    Years

Yeah. And although I've NEVER seen anything about it anywhere, I'm 100% certain Fog in Gen IV decreases accuracy. 'Missed' my foot.

Also, anyone have any help for shiny horde hunting? ;_; I've been at it all day..... Mareep....

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
    Years

Accuracy isn't a bad system. Yes, it's terribly annoying when a move misses that has an accuracy of 90 or 95%, but if everything instantly works there's no tension and it would be boring. Moves like Hydro Pump wouldn't be around, because a full accuracy move with simply higher power would get overpowered. So I think it's okay, while I'm normally relying on the 100% accuracy moves if possible during gameplay. They should create a 100% accuracy rock type move however.

Dedenne1

Years
    Basically Flare dont make any plans for the next week and youll get that mareep ;)

Has no one seriously seen this yet???????? :o

Last edited:

Dedenne1

Years
    Its actually not a mega :(
    Theres different forms based on percentages the regular one we know is 50% the dog is 10% their names are literally Zygarde 10% and 50% the other big one is its perfect form and the little guy is the soon to be brain cell
    THEY JUST TOOK FUN OUT OF POKEMON

Dedenne1

Years
    Dang it i didnt put a number oh well 12
    btw greninja

This is all from the movie btw

Dedenne1

Years
    Can i BOO after a BOO? Idk seems logical
    Whered the counter get messed up? Oh i see arrow put a 10 haha
    I blame han

Also the next movie isnt named yet but i guess thats for the series haha which is named pokemon xy and z like sven said sooooooo i guess we have pokemon z xD
    (watch gf just be that stupid as to not make pokemon z after all this)

Meadow

Years

Accuracy isn't a bad system. Yes, it's terribly annoying when a move misses that has an accuracy of 90 or 95%, but if everything instantly works there's no tension and it would be boring. Moves like Hydro Pump wouldn't be around, because a full accuracy move with simply higher power would get overpowered. So I think it's okay, while I'm normally relying on the 100% accuracy moves if possible during gameplay. They should create a 100% accuracy rock type move however.

That's true! However, I'd prefer the game text to say "the Pokémon avoided the attack" rather than "the Pokémon's attack missed," since it shows the Pokémon are indeed more competent than if they just randomly missed attacks. Generation V got this right, which I really like! But then as a trade-off, we get insane things like Pokémon dodging attacks while they're sleeping or frozen... xD

Has no one seriously seen this yet???????? :o

Whoa, I can't believe I haven't seen that yet! But I'd love for another Kalos game, so this is cool! :D

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back