• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What anime/manga have you watched last?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bay

Years
  • Manga:
    Black Cat, Chapters 166-185

FINALLY finished with the manga. *wipes sweat*

Have to say the last few chapters are nothing but awesomesauce. First off, Sephira learning Petal Dance? OMG SHE'S A POKEMON! XD; In all seriousness though, that technique is indeed cool.

Creed and Train's battle dragged out a bit, but all final battles all, so I can't complain much. XD; I still think it's creepy Creed is immortal (sort of) and also can fused with his sword. D: Glad Train is able to defeat him (and Saya by his side :P). XD; After the battle, love, love the ending. Yep, live your life the way you want to. :3

Overall, this manga is a real fun story to read. Great characters, awesome action, and a ride you won't forget. ;)
    Now, because I love doing this, compare and contrast the anime and manga. XD

What I like about the manga better:
    -Train's personality. The anime version of him is okay, but he gets too angsty in the beginning.

-The interactions between Train and Sven. Both versions show the two argue one another, but the manga version also show the two respecting each other very much, especially at the end of the special chapter (the one how the two first met, which is different how they met in the anime).

-Eden. Even though I like how the anime version goes about connecting Eve with Eden (and even including an "Adam"), I just like the simple thought that Eden is Creed's vision of his world better. There's no need for a huge plot on Eden.

-Deek. 'nuff said. :P

-Quite a few scenes I actually wished they were featured. For instance, Creed going against Sven at the church. Urgh, that part is quite intense!

-Speaking of intense scenes, the violence in the manga. This may sound weird, but I like the violence in the manga instead of the anime. Urgh, seems the anime cut out a lot of violence down so that the rating can be lowered. XD In the manga, there are body parts severed and blood galore to show how dangerous the situation the characters are in. It's not that gory, mind you. :P

What I like about the anime better:
    -Durham in the anime. The show goes more indepth his hatred towards Train.

-Operation: Here, Kitty, Kitty! :P

-The anime version shows three more Chronos not featured in the manga. One I know uses exploding cards and another one is actually a wolf/beast and semi-partners with Belze.

I love both the anime and the manga, but I prefer the manga for reasons I stated before. I highly recommend checking both of them, though! Heh, I should do a comparison and contrast between a manga and the anime counterpart more often! :D

Last edited:

RYOUKI

survive the world.
    Years
  • Bakemonogatari 12 - This was an awesome episode. Good news: More Hitagi, Bad news: Less Hanekawa, and I was hoping for Yui Horie's sugar sweet nightmare...

Hagumi

For a sick boy
    Years
  • Manga
    • Katekyo Hitman Reborn! - Chapter 259
      I've been waiting for this chapter. >: Dino's Rapidash box weapon is pretty awesome.
      Spoiler:
    • Kuroshitsuji - Chapter 37
      I enjoyed this chapter, and HOORAY FOR SOMA!

Anime
    • Uh, well, none recently, but the post above me reminded that I should really catch up on Bakemonogatari. /runs off

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • Tales the Abyss ep. 23-26.

Funny story here: This series was only fansubbed up to ep. 22 by the time I went home for the summer. I was without internet for most of that time, so I rewatched many of my older series. Upon returning to school, I watched the entirety of Sketchbook: Full Color's and Lamune before checking MyAnimeList and realizing I needed to finish TotA up.

Pretty good for an RPG-based anime, though its roots are obvious. Now if only Tales of Symphonia got the full 26 episode treatment instead of being crammed into an OVA.

And I don't care what anyone says, Natalia > Tear:P

yvette

Heyyyyyyy
    Years
    • Seen Jul 28, 2023
    I watched Katekyo Hitman Reborn! 152. And yesterday I read Reborn! 259. Daisy <3<3 WE NEED YOU MOAR. Also appalled by the lack of Squalo. D: I know he's injured and all, but can't you drop us a few hints, Amano? plzplzplz

Episode 152 was just... boring. Now I really can't wait for the anime to start following the manga. Choice will look so much cooler.

Beelzebub

under the crimson air
    Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2013
    As for anime, I just finished the series Air. It was pretty sweet, and Mizusu is so cute~ I didn't like Haruko at the start, but she turned out to be nice, so. D:

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years
  • Dragonball Kai 25 - Good old DB stuff. It's actually quite nice to watch these again and really does remind me of how good a series DBZ was.

Yoku Wakaru Gendai Mahou 12 [FINALE] - Errgh... so much for my expectations at the beginning of this. I thought it was actually going to be a good series, but alas I'm very disappointed and hope there never will be a season 2 now that I've finished it.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • Hatsukoi Limited ep. 1-9

I would have categorized it as "pretty good" up till episode 9. Then it became "Very good." It's about a web of romantic relationships that span junior high and high school with bits of comedy, but episode 9 proved to be VERY heartwarming and really helped to improve my opinion of the series. Three episodes left!

HoneyBubbles

walk this way
    Years
  • Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle chapter 232
    ;________;
    THE ENDING. OH EM GEE, THE ENDING.
    yeah I wasn't too fond of it, honestly. It doesn't really feel completed. But aparently theres going to be an extra chapter or something. I'm hoping 'holic will have a better conclusion. But still, I'll miss reading TRC every weel

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years
  • Code Geass R2: Zero Requiem Special
    This was essentially a summary of all the events of R2 within a hour and 50 minutes. Pretty good watch, though I wouldn't say it was better than the actual season of R2. A few changes to the animation here and there but there was only one scene that was added which I'm pretty sure didn't exist in the original.
    Spoiler:

RYOUKI

survive the world.
    Years
  • Saki 25. OMGWTF EPIC WIN is what I like to say, but they ended of with a cliff hanger. ;;

Manga and/or Light Novel I last read was Bungaku Shoujo or Literature Girl, I wish there was more chapters...

Azumi

★七色に光る女★
    Years
  • Well, I'm reading Full Moon wo Sagashite manga while listening to Myself, an FMwS song sung by myco. :D Let's just say I fell in love with that manga and those songs~

I watched Pokémon last because I needed a Shinji fix.​

You ALWAYS needed a Shinji fix. XD
    As expected from SL-hakase~

Misheard Whisper

[b][color=#FF0000]I[/color] [color=#FF7F00]also[/c
    Years
  • I haven't 'watched' any manga for a while, but the last one I read was Mahou Sensei Negima. I'm totally up to date with it now, and I can't wait for the next chapter. I really love the art style, and Ken Akamatsu has done a great job of combining multiple genres into one amazing manga.

Years
    • Seen Oct 20, 2009
    The last anime I watched was probably Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann. In fact, I don't quite remember whether it was Gurren Lagann or not, since I haven't watched any animes in decades. :|

yvette

Heyyyyyyy
    Years
    • Seen Jul 28, 2023
    I watched KHR! 153 and read KHR! 260. I also read the latest Bleach chapter.

260 was... weird. Hibari is so strange.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back