• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

what are you currently reading?

Nanaboo

left my heart on thedancefloor
Years
    • Seen Jun 27, 2012
    I'm currently reading Alice's Adventures in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll.
    And I can't wait to see the movie! (:

Years
  • Im reading Cujo by steven king
    Just got up to where cujo bites the mom in the car

Its the best book ive have ever read! highly recomend it.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    Been a while, but I've been reading. Just not sharing.

Finished the Dark Materials trilogy. Moved on to read The Curious Incident Of the Dog In the Night-time by Mark Haddon. A very excellent book, and I highly recommend it. Then read Warriors: Power of Three: The Sight by Erin Hunter, which was also good.

Right now I'm reading Artemis Fowl by Eoin Colfer. Unfortunately, the only other book I have of the series is really kind of later in the series, so I'm going to be terribly confused when I get to it.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    Moving on to my Michael Crichton collection. Starting off with Jurassic Park. I've never seen the movie, which holds true for all of the other movies based on his books. I also just started reading it today, but I think I'm going to enjoy this one.

Years
  • I'm just about done with Frankenstein by Mary Shelley. Glancing at the adds in the back I realized I've already read a lot of the 'classic' ghost/monster stores: Turn of the Screw, Dracula, Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde.

Druid

she's not anyone...
    Years
  • (in order of most reading/day)

The Adventures of Tom Sawyer
    - Mark Twain
    The Eyes of the Dragon - Stephen King
    'Salem's Lot - Stephen King
    Of Mice and Men - John Steinback
    I have to read like four Shakespeare plays for school, too...

oh and The Time Machine by H.G. Wells (I'd be reading War of the Worlds if I could find somewhere that had it in stock XD)

Ayselipera

Right now I'm about three chapters away from being done with Mutiny on the Bounty. After that I think I might move on to Treasure Island and then to the sequel of The Wizard of Oz.

I should also add that in school my class is reading Shakespeare's Julius Caesar.

Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2010
    Im currently reading Krabat by Otfried Preußler. Its an old german book, but I love it. If any of you get the chance to read it, then please do!

reyzn

Years
  • Currently: Haunted by Kelley Armstrong
    This author was referred to me by some of my friends so I'm currently checking her books out!

Neo Pikachu

Forever Gold
    Years
  • Legacy of Blood by Richard A Knaak. Its a story based on the world of Diablo II.

Knaak is an awesome author, I read all of his novels based on Dragonlance and they just rocked. Fantastic pick if you're into fantasy and all that.

institutions

ain't that a kick in the head?
    Years
  • Glad to see at least a little love for Stephen King.

The last books I read were Stephen King's Under the Dome, which is his newest book, and another of his books Dolores Claiborne.

Under the Dome was a great book. It's about a small farm town that is suddenly surrounded by an invisible dome. It's actually VERY different from the Simpsons Movie. I say that because some people are put off by the 'at-first-glance' similarities.

Dolores Claiborne wasn't too good. It's told from the point of an old woman giving her... side of the story, i guess you could call it, to the police. Too much like a Lifetime movie for my taste.

Currently rereading King's famous It. I'm about 300 pages in so far and found out that reading a book more than once isn't as amazing as I thought. Maybe I'll shelve it for a few years and try again.

Back