• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen What do you think the new "Dragonite" spot is going to be?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scorpio219

PM me for custom banners
Years
    • Seen Jun 9, 2013
    i would like a grass flying (not that gay dinosaur)probably a crane bird and a fire dark would be sick if they did it right. To many fire fighting and fire flying make some new mixes. Like that ground dark aligater. it looks ugly but i like that it is a new mix so i am okay with it

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    I like Dragon types, but I'm actually on board for it not being a dragon type, something a bit more original would be great. Poison/Psychic or Ice/Ground sound good to me.

MegaKuriboh

Yare Yare Daze
    Years
  • dragon/fire

best combo ever, and we need a good lookin one to make up for that ugly train wreck reshiram -_-"

Reshiram is awesome! Well I guess that's your opinon and I'd love another Fire/Dragon

I'm all up for another psuedolegendary, but no more Dragons please -_-

How about something more reptile, possibly Poison/Psychic.

That would be epic

yes and one thing i really hoped for this generation (although i doubt it will happen) was for poison to gain the super effective hit on bugs it had in the first generation!! and i know it would make bugs even worse but it would help poison at least!!
    and also a field for poison types i think i saw someone mention acid rain ages ago and it would be like every turn poison types recover 1/16th hp and non poisons lose 1/16th hp and poison type moves gain 50% power

Yeah the real Acid Rain not the glitch I so love your idea

if they don't give us a levitating poison/dark, (I'm assuming you mean a Pokemon with no weaknesses), we could always get a levitating electric, which has no weaknesses. If one of those had psuedo-legend stats it would shoot straight up to the uber tier, but I don't think nintendo would make a Pokemon that strong.

Poison/Dark w/ Levitate = most epic type combo EVER

hever

猿も木から落ちる
    Years
  • I doubt they wold make a digimon like Ononokusu.

How does something look like a pokemon or look like a Digimon? There isn't one standard look for Pokemon or Digimon.

Digimon are more complicated and more intricate in designs. While pokemon are (were), while rich in design, simple and natural.

and this:

It might be the because it has armour, which a lot Digimon tended to get when they Digivolved. There isn't a set template for either, but Digimon have always been a bit more radical in their design whilst Pokémon were more reserved and natural.

Tater Tot

I used to be popular here~
    Years
    • Age 16
    • Seen Jan 15, 2017
    PSYCHIC/DARK OR PSYCHIC/GHOST WOULD BE AMAZING. <3333333 I don't want another dragon type, I want something different. More mysterious and less "I guess that's the new dragon type. :[" Or something very unique like an over-powered Grass type or something. :D

Mac@ACK!

RIP Chompy... Hello Zekrom!
    Years
  • It might be the because it has armour, which a lot Digimon tended to get when they Digivolved. There isn't a set template for either, but Digimon have always been a bit more radical in their design whilst Pokémon were more reserved and natural.

I think it looks pretty sweet, hoping it's a Dragon/Steel (even though we don't need another Dragon -_-)

There are 13 legal dragon types. There are over 50 water types. Don't tell me that. We need more dragons.

Planetes.

@n_diiv
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    There are 13 legal dragon types. There are over 50 water types. Don't tell me that. We need more dragons.

I'd like a new ice type, not a crappy ones like glalie and cloyster, but something that can OHKO like hell, maybe a snow leaopard.

hever

猿も木から落ちる
    Years
  • There are 13 legal dragon types. There are over 50 water types. Don't tell me that. We need more dragons.

I think he meant we need more pokemon in which types are very rare and scarce. (ei. poison, bug, ice, ghost) Most everybody uses dragon types and we need something out of the other rare types to dominate and represent their groups, respectively.

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    It might be the because it has armour, which a lot Digimon tended to get when they Digivolved. There isn't a set template for either, but Digimon have always been a bit more radical in their design whilst Pokémon were more reserved and natural.

I think it looks pretty sweet, hoping it's a Dragon/Steel (even though we don't need another Dragon -_-)

Same with to water and grass types. Dragon types are nagged about too much for being common. Anything else i will not mind. It will probabaly be a bit like tyranitar. (Rock/Dragon type possible.)

hever

猿も木から落ちる
    Years
  • Same with to water and grass types. Dragon types are nagged about too much for being common. Anything else i will not mind. It will probabaly be a bit like tyranitar. (Rock/Dragon type possible.)

It looks like him too. I bet the little pokemon revealed days ago (the beta sketch) right beside the new girl character will be the pre-evo of the aforementioned "Tyranitar look-alike."

mooglehunter

Teh non-Haxor
    Years
  • There are 13 legal dragon types. There are over 50 water types. Don't tell me that. We need more dragons.

the reason there are so few dragon types is that its supposed to be rare. they are supposed to be psuedolegendary. its an effing DRAGON!!! that said, i don't want another dragon psuedo-legendary. a dark-fighting would be cool.

beca

◔_____◔
    Years
  • A new dark type would be awesome, along with some new dark attacks. There really needs to be more of those ~_~

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    @ Person who said there are no good Ice-types:Lol. Mamoswine, Weavile, Froslass, Glaceon anybody???

I was a poison-type.....sadly, it'd have to be good to overtake my love of Koffing/Weezing and, to a lesser extent, the other 1st Gen poison-types.

Yeah, I'd love a grass-type! Although they are common.....how about a Ghost-type? Just a pure ghost? Or electric....

Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2012
    Axesaur as an Steel-Rock type.

Or maybe an Steel-Dark type? A Metagross/Tyranitar crossover.

The 4x weakness to fighting is quite bad... but Dragonite and Salamence have the same to Ice.

But what I would really want to see is an Ice-Steel. It takes two weaknesses away though it adds a 4x to fighting and fire and one to ground, but adds many resistences to make it worth it.

It will show Ice types aren't crappy defensive failures.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back