• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What Is The Most Annoying Anime Ever?

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    Kenta said:
    lol.
    Most of you hate Mainstream animes. jeez. when you are old enough, get a job, get subbed DVDs. Most of you are dissing dub versions(some using that dumb Inuyasha commercial that makes it look worse)
    They dont really matter. Picking on animes because of the art and old animation styles is sad. Its not like they had better animation techniques in the 70s and 80s >> I know many hate filler. but you know what? most manga speed through the story. filler can be used to explain things better. Naruto is in filler now, but so far its been good and still sticks to what they all want. search for Sasuke, look for Akatsuki. its during the 3 year time skip, so they can afford it. lets the manga get farther ahead
    Some animes depend on filler. Pokemon is one. they travel constantly. so yeah....
    in terms of things getting old on Pokemon. theres some truth in that. heck, I like the Raikou Special better than anything else of the series. Subbed mind you. the dub for it was the worst dubbing of something ever in anime. only a few dubs I like. anything else was wasted(4Kids really messed things up over and over)
    It's not filler that I hate, Yuugiou showed that a filler, and a pretty long one at that, can be done well. But the fact Naruto is going to be in filler for another seven or eight months before the Naruto Two arc starts is really annoying. Not to mention, most of these fillers do nothing, fleshing out the characters in the year's worth of filler that we have is a great idea...but we don't get a lot of that. It's still better than Sasuske's Angst Land though.

As for Pokemon, it's not so much built on filler anymore. Johto needed filler to live, Hoenn did it a lot better. There weren't nearly half of the fillers that we got during the Johto league, and for the most part, the fillers were fun to watch. When they weren't...it wasn't that long before we got on track with the basic story. Even now during the Battle Frontier arc, it's really good. Going back to Kanto before the next league was a great idea, technically it isn't filler like the Orange League was because Battle Frontier did happen in the games.

As for everything else...yeah, more or less, most people here hate something based on the dub or the animation style. Myself, I can't stand half the crap that gets turned out everyday. I like the old school stuff a lot better than most of what we have right now. Cyborg 009, Gaiking, Tetsuwan Atom, Gatchaman, they're all better than 90 percent of what's on TV right now.

Years
  • As for me, I actually watched Sailor Moon when I was MUCH younger, and liked it, but once I got into middle school, THAT'S when I found it to be absolute CRAP!

Hamtaro is also annoying, the thing I hate most actually is Travis, he's just got a bad haircut and is way too goody twoshoes! (sp?)

Pokemon is annoying mostly becuase of Team Rocket, they never learn their lesson, at least for more than 5 minutes! Why don't they just buy Pokeballs and catch some pokemon or fight more weak wild Pokemon so Meowth might ACTUALLY evolve!

Yugioh's plot was DEFINITLY a dumb one, playing cards to save existance, the only thing I like about the show is Tea, she's so cute and sexy! :D

Yugioh GX is pretty dumb as well, That Jaden (Sp?) kid has just about the UGLIEST hair colour ever, reeses peanut butter cup anyone! :D

Dragonball Z is the coolist anime I've ever seen, sure GT was boring untill the final saga where Gogeta appears!

SD Gundum was too kiddy like for me, the animation was too wierd and the other people were ABSOLUTLY CLUELESS!!!

Sonic X is so and so if it weren't for Chris and the bad voice actors, although I find Amy's voice to be kind of cute, and Sonic's not bad either, but the other's are the worst yet!

But did anyone else noticed that Sonic only has three spikes on his head instead of six, even when you see his head from behind, you still see only three spikes, that's too wierd!

So that's it for me, I would include others if I watched the other animes!

tyrant_078

Teh Ultimate Being!!!!1111
    Years
  • The worst anime has to be Hamtaro. Each episode gives me a splitting headache. Just watching it makes me want to throw a brick through my TV. Also, Hello Kitty's crap. I honestly can't understand how anyone could possibly like a show that awful.

The Noa and Alcatraz Duel Tower arcs from YGO annoy me. Never did like the Pharaoh's Memories arc, either. Inuyasha's filler episodes can also grate on my nerves, as can Naruto, season 4 of Digimon and Duel Masters.

Last edited:

Psychotic_Demon

The Espeon of the Moon
    Years
  • The most.... annoying anime I have EVER seen.... Is HAMTARO!!! *grabs sledgehammer and tries to smash little hampsters* Honestly, how low can you go? Hampsters going on adventures and having their own little club house--AND THE VOICES!!! Arrrgh, I can't stand them!!!! That 'anime', if it could be called that, is just too happy. "Oh no, it's the cat, run away!!! Badabadabadabada...."

The other one coming in second is Beyblade. I. Can't. Stand. it. "Like, omg, let's let it rip!!!" All they do is monolouge, and all that other crap. My friend once said 'Let it rip', then he farted.

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    tyrant_078 said:
    The worst anime has to be Hamtaro. Each episode gives me a splitting headache. Just watching it makes me want to throw a brick through my TV. Also, Hello Kitty's crap. I honestly can't understand how anyone could possibly like a show that awful.
    The fact that you're probably 10 or 15 years older than the target demo for that show might have something to do with it...

InuYasha for me...it just never ended. It's true what they said about Takahashi, she just doesn't know how to write a good ended. The anime was bland for the most part, the only thing saving it was the music and the movies. Everything else was more or less the same thing, even the ending...it was just another filler.

DragonHeart

Summer Fun!
    Years
  • Digital Mage said:
    Duel Masters & Yu-Gi-Oh really annoy me. I mean an Anime about people who play a made up card game. & then it just happens to be like a god trapped in a card. Its just such mind-rotting rubbish. & then they actually make a card game out of it. & THEN AFTER ALL THAT, Kids still love it.
    you took the words right outta my mouth... I absolutely CAN'T STAND card game shows... and the thing that bothers me most about yu-gi-oh is that the entire world is involved in the game of duel monsters! it's like a planet full of people on an endless craze of a simple CARD GAME! I know a guy who's a senior in HIGH SCHOOL and still plays anime card games! what is the world coming to?? *dies*

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    DragonHeart said:
    you took the words right outta my mouth... I absolutely CAN'T STAND card game shows... and the thing that bothers me most about yu-gi-oh is that the entire world is involved in the game of duel monsters! it's like a planet full of people on an endless craze of a simple CARD GAME! I know a guy who's a senior in HIGH SCHOOL and still plays anime card games! what is the world coming to?? *dies*
    You have never watched more than five episodes have you?

Lucy Lu

Keep On Moving Foward...
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    Crystal Princess Inome said:
    Bo-bo-bo-bo-bo is annoying, including all the "Bo" 's in this guys name. And he fights with his nose hair and his armpit hair? What the heck? Is he some kind of freak? And he's stupid! Completly stupid! What was the point? His father was a stinkin' hairball!

Omg...I agree with you. That anime is too ramdom! It doesn't make any sense. x_x I just leave it on but I don't watch it. Inuyasha comes on after it so yeah. Bah, I can't stand it.

And I don't really like Lupin the 3rd. It is soo old and the animation is not too good. =/

Also I don't like Yu-Gi-Oh GX for two things: No Yugi and Joey...that is all. Sorry if I offended anyone who really enjoys this anime.

Last edited:

Saboten

I love Kawaiiness!
    Years
  • Originally Posted by Lucy-chan
    And I don't really like Lupin the 3rd. It is soo old and the animation is not too good. =/

I don't want to be rude or anything, but... Do you think that they had high-tech like these days when it were made? I mean, these days, there are some good quality animated anime, but worse story then the less good quality anime. Anime doesn't had to be quality of animation, it can be any sort, like a character developement or story developement. Classical, though bad animations, is great.

Once again, I'm not trying to be bossy or mean, but don't judge by the quality of animations...

Also, annoying anime would be Bo bo boo bo bo bo... It's just loads of fillers and not actual plotline, I bought the manga once and I wondered why I bought it in the first place...

Kurono

Remember?
    Years
  • Bobobo-Bo-Bobobo.

I swear, that show has no point to it...and its...a terrible attempt at being funny. I want to jump in front of a train when I hear it!

Lucy Lu

Keep On Moving Foward...
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    Saboten said:
    I don't want to be rude or anything, but... Do you think that they had high-tech like these days when it were made? I mean, these days, there are some good quality animated anime, but worse story then the less good quality anime. Anime doesn't had to be quality of animation, it can be any sort, like a character developement or story developement. Classical, though bad animations, is great.

Once again, I'm not trying to be bossy or mean, but don't judge by the quality of animations...

Also, annoying anime would be Bo bo boo bo bo bo... It's just loads of fillers and not actual plotline, I bought the manga once and I wondered why I bought it in the first place...

Yeah you got a point there. Back then, they didn't have all the high tech stuff to make the animation good. I didn't think about that. You are right about that, sorry about that. All it counts that it has a great storyline no matter it has old animation.

So yeah Lupin the 3rd is not annoying. I am changing my list. Bo Bo Bo Bo Bo is annoying though.

Years
  • okay, to all you hamtaro haters out there, you have to remember: hamtaro is targeted towards 5 and 6 year olds.

and as for hating hello kitty, well, of course it's going to seem pointless or whatever to you, but you can't really have a plotline in a show that 2 year olds watch.

Kenta

OK! Kanpeki!
    Years
  • Kazuhito said:
    It's not filler that I hate, Yuugiou showed that a filler, and a pretty long one at that, can be done well. But the fact Naruto is going to be in filler for another seven or eight months before the Naruto Two arc starts is really annoying. Not to mention, most of these fillers do nothing, fleshing out the characters in the year's worth of filler that we have is a great idea...but we don't get a lot of that. It's still better than Sasuske's Angst Land though.

Filler in Naruto is blamed on the speed of the artist. By now, we'd be done with the first Akatsuki attack and nearing the latest chapter if it skipped like the manga.
    Its either filler or shut down for a year probably.
    Naruto still has yet to leave Konoha with Jiraiya. Which would have to be shown before Kakashi Gaiden. Then the timeskip can happen.
    Also, one filler arc(Bug Arc) did affect a Naruto game(Ninja Taisen 4). Awakened Hinata. Uses a stronger Negita counter, 64 Hands of Hakke, and Kaiten

Last edited:

B.U.N.N.Y

Mayonaise
    Years
  • B'daman is awful terry is so a girl! despite what they say im sure shes a girl and yu-gi-oh dosent make sense is kaiba can make a duel disk why the heck is he in school?

Back