• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What is your sexuality?

Volga

The Dragon Knight
Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Mar 19, 2023
    I would love to hear your story though and how homosexuality did not get in you way of having what you want. That I suppose is to have your own children and possibly a female counterpart.

I should have actually mentioned that they were born through surrogacy. :)

And what I was saying about sexuality getting in the way wasn't just about children, the amount of problems same-sex couples deal with is really high, whether it be a small problems or big problems.
    I remember when I was nervous about asking people out, I asked a guy out, I thought he was homosexual, but he was straight, and he made me feel really horrible about it, and I didn't try dating again for like 2 years.
    So my point was don't let problems get in your way, no matter what it is.

Also, one final thing, the way your post was worded in the beginning made me feel like I offended you, and if you were, I'm really sorry. ~_~

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Huh? My sexuality get's in the way of what?... Probably what I want and what you want and what another wants are three different things. If you are talking about having sex with the opposite gender, having a family with someone of the opposite gender then that's something even I could do. Is just that imagine it to be boring as ♥♥♥♥. I don't think I'll get what are the needs and how to coexist with someone of the opposite sex. Then again I don't think anyone will tolarate certain conducts that I have that people notice when they have spent time around me. Since I don't find the idea to be exciting that is why I'm not aiming for it nor I do care much.

I would love to hear your story though and how homosexuality did not get in you way of having what you want. That I suppose is to have your own children and possibly a female counterpart.
    I think what he was saying was that it can be pretty common for some homosexuals to put up with heterosexual intercouse specifically for the purpose of having children. Whether a lesbian has sex with a man to carry a child, or whether a gay dude has sex with a woman who's agreed to carry his child - it goes either way. I think that most people would rather do it artificially / through lab procedures, some people do just go ahead and do it normally. xD; It's not an idea that sounds appealing to me, personally, buuut everyone is different.

Sorry if this is derailing the thread!

On the actual topic, I also tend relate to all the replies here that deal with people not wanting to label themselves. I didn't really wanna put a label on myself for a good amount of years, but eventually it was nice (and easier) to just pick a label that I could tell people and have it make sense, and go with it. -w- Labels kinda blow, but at the same time I'm also not comfortable not using one. Helps people know where I stand. If I can help it, I don't want people assuming that I'm straight, and if I can stop that with a label.. then I'm gonna stop that with a label.

edit: ahaha my first part was ninja'd!

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I should have actually mentioned that they were born through surrogacy. :)

And what I was saying about sexuality getting in the way wasn't just about children, the amount of problems same-sex couples deal with is really high, whether it be a small problems or big problems.

Aww this makes me happy! I'm glad that you have what you want in life! Take care of those precious boys. :) I don't even want kids, but other people having them makes me so happy haha.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • Panromantic bisexual, if we're getting fancy with the titles. I generally only find myself sexually attracted to the binary sexes but I could see myself in a relationship with someone who wasn't necessarily one or the other. I could probably see myself sexually attracted, too, but I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.

I don't much care for labels though because the amount of time I spend sitting here trying to decide whether I'm bisexual or pansexual is much better spent playing video games. :P I know labels are really important for some people as they find their place, but it's just never mattered to me much.

BonkersRider

Twisted Fashion Gal
    Years
  • I am a lesbian. It took me years to fully realize my feelings for girls and why I felt them. It was hard on my mother when I told her, but after a few months she eventually accepted it. I've been called some terrible names by some guys I've rejected, so names don't hurt me anymore.

Khilia

Kawaii in the streets, senpai in the sheets
    Years
  • I would say that I'm pansexual since it doesn't matter to me what gender the other person is, neither what his/her preferences are nor what his/her gender identity is etc. etc., I could find love in anyone

You could say that I'm a universal person :P

Years
  • Nobody in my life really knows it (I don't think anyways) but I am attracted to both men and women, women a little bit more, I like looking at the female body more and prefer their personalities. But there is no point to share with anyone I know since I am with a man right now and it will probably stay that way, lol.

KayNic

I Love Sleeping
    Years
  • I am straight, but I also don't discriminate against anyone who is something different then myself. I think that is just wrong.

Sir Codin

The reason I say mostly is because even though I'm interested in females, if given the opportunity, I would ♥♥♥♥ Brad Pitt and Liam Neeson.

Nurse Joy

Would you like to rest your Pokémon?
    Years
  • I don't think I could really be restrained with something as vague as "heterosexual." It really depends. I was asexual for a while. I know it makes it seem like it's a fad, but I had absolutely no romantic/sexual interest in anyone for a really long time. Before that, though, I'd only been with girls. I still liked guys, though, but I kept falling in love with my best friends. I wasn't sure what I was, so I called myself bi-sexual. When I broke up with those girls, I convinced myself I was straight. It took me a long time for me to realize gender doesn't matter to me -- I can be with anyone, especially if I love them.
    I suppose it can't be like this for everyone, though. I just seem to have such abundant love for everyone. Well, unless you're a jerk.

I don't know if there's a word for what I am, but I'm content with it. Right now, I'm in love with a man, and I swear it's true love, but who knows? I can't see that far into the future (only like, a day or so. Okay, I'm exaggerating xD), so I don't know whether I will end up with a man or a woman. But I know I'd love them regardless.

Gyardosamped

entering snake habitat
    Years
  • I'm homosexual. I don't think I could ever have a platonic or sexual relationship with a woman.

Kotone

someone needed a doctor?
    Years
  • I'm straight. I don't think i've been curious before though. I'm currently happy with my boyfriend.

Universe

all-consuming
    Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2016
    Completely and utterly asexual. Always have been. uvu;

It actually took me a while to figure out because I didn't focus too much energy into sexualities or sexual things in general until later. I did find while I was with people that I took a great interest in my partner and wouldn't have minded any intimate contact should they desire it - which made me think I was demisexual for a while.

But uh.. I ended up realizing over time that I don't actually know what it feels like to be sexually attracted to anyone (or anything, for that matter), and I highly doubt that's changing anytime soon.

I hope it doesn't either.. because by the things I hear and see, having a sexual nature appears to be a rather annoying thing to deal with. Can't say I'm interested.

Last edited:
    Back