• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen What starter did you pick in OR/AS?

Which starter did you choose?

• Treecko

Votes: 164 36.1%
  • Torchic

Votes: 117 25.8%
  • Mudkip

Votes: 201 44.3%

• Total voters
Years
    • Age 27
    • OH
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    I usually like to pick Torchic when I play through Hoenn, so that's what I went with for AS. For OR I picked Treecko so I could mix things up a bit.

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    AS: Mudkip
    OR: Torchic
    Soon, I'll reset OR and get a treecko too, but those 2 are cutest!

Jetfire

أربعة ملوك السماوية
    Years
  • Torchic was my go to in R/S/E and in ORAS. Fire has always been first choice and I couldn't have been happier with Torchic.

Blaziken was a badass back in the day and nowadays he's top notch.

Adore

Party.
    Years
  • I chose Torchic strictly for sentimental reasons (it was my starter in the original Sapphire version). If I ever replay the games I'll definitely pick a different starter, though, just to try something different.

_Dud_

I can't C#
    Years
  • I picked Mudkip because the Mega looks so awesome and hilarious at the same time. I feel as if Torchic was the least picked starter in ORAS since the whole Mega Blaziken event occured in X/Y (nothing against Torchic fans)

Years
  • I picked Treecko, but I went back and got the others from friends and basically decided which one I liked best, which ended up staying Treecko. I flip flop with types though, sometimes I prefer water, grass, or fire. It doesn't really matter to me at the end of the day, so long as I enjoy the pokemon and they're good in battle. It's a combination effort for me.

Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2016
    Mudkip as water is probably my second favourite type I normally go with water starters, when I started speed running omega ruby I was so happy that you speedrun half of it was mudkip :D

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2017
    I picked Mudkip every single time I ever played Ruby so for Alpha Saphire I figured I'd go with Torchic. I like Torchic and Combusken. Not sure on Blaiziken yet.

Years
  • I picked Mudkip for Omega Ruby. Way back in the day when I first got Pokémon Sapphire I picked Torchic, though.

Years
    • Seen Mar 24, 2016
    I picked Torchic for Alpha Sapphire. For my Nuzlocke in OR though, I rolled a 6 so had to go with Mudkip.

Years
  • Originally I picked Treecko because I rarely use grass types and I wanted to try something new, and I'm happy with my choice, but I also wish I could've had Torchic as well since I've always wanted a Blaziken.

Years
  • I just saw results... why is everyone hating torchic!?!?

It was mainly due to a Torchic event with the Blazikenite Mega Stone that was distributed when X/Y were first released, and many people used that Torchic in the game so when OR/AS came around, they wanted a change and that's why Treecko and Mudkip got chosen more because their Mega Evolutions were more "new".

Years
  • I picked Torchic, always was my favorite of the Hoenn starters. On my Omega Ruby I picked Mudkip though. I really never liked Treecko, but I do like his evolutions.

Back