• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Where did you come up with your username?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amaruuk

[span="letter-spacing: -2px;"][b]└──[/b]►[/span]TY
Years
    • Age 35
    • She/Her
    • Seen yesterday
    I think it was around the very end of 2007 that I'd felt compelled to create a new account on RuneScape 'cause I was feeling nostalgic for it for some reason (so shoot me X3). By that time I'd become picky about names, especially since on there your username is your character's name, so I didn't want numbers or any nonsense like that. It took quite a while but I ended up crafting the name Kinarii, and I ended up liking it so much that the name has since spread to all the places I frequent online (PC, dA, and any new place I've joined since then). Kina is just a short form that's quicker and easier, and that I use in conjunction with other bits (like my alternate dA gallery Trainer-Kina, or Kina-tar, a Larvitar character from last year).

Years
  • I made it up. xD Yuumi was the nickname I gave my Togepi in Soul Silver.

I was thinking for ages of a name to come up with and thought who cares? Yuumi it is!

Drakorn

[b][color=red]Skarmory is love[/color][/b]
    Years
  • Drakorn was made in 2003 when I was playing a game called Phantasy Star Online. Dra = Dragon, k = well not sure how that got there, and orn from Unicorn. I have another name related called Draknix which is same as Drakorn however nix comes from Phoenix.

dark_ho-oh

Dark Mystical Bird
    Years
  • dark_ho-oh was a name for the Pokemon I created. I have known there was a shadow lugia many people like, But why wasnt there a shadow ho-oh?? I was a little mad because ho-oh is one of my favorite pokemon. So I decided that I would sprite a shadow ho-oh. When I was done, The name shadow ho-oh didn't seem right so I thought up dark_ho-oh.

ReddishDegree

Yes, I'm Insane.
    Years
  • My old username was Bad2Grim which I have no idea why i picked that but i was using it on most sites and it was my email. So when I got a new xbox360 (My old one got red ring) I decided to get another xbox membership and I couldn't think of a name so it gave me the suggestion 'ReddishDegree' so i took it and name changes for PC came out so i changed it to ReddishDegree. Kinda stupid. :P

Arriex

aeroplane
    Years
    • Seen Oct 20, 2013
    It was a name that came up with I first started to play MMOs. It was one of the names that come up when you hit "random."

Ever since then, it has stuck with me, and I use it for most gaming things.

kasumi_chan_x

Nevermore
    Years
  • Well, I made this username when I was 13...if I had the choice now it wouldn't be what it is.

The Kasumi part came from Misty's Japanese name (Kasumi). As for the chan part, I added that because I was pretty lame back then and thought adding chan would be all cute and stuffs' /fail.

Not sure where the _x part came into this all.....

Emlam

Old School
    Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2010
    Someone guessed my name. They guessed it wrong. This was their guess. :P

Reddo

Happy!
    Years
  • Hm... I was seeing Bulbapedia's description about Red and noticed his japanese name.
    It is said there: "レッド Red "Since it's impossible to get that lone "d" in japanese writing, they use some adaptation from their characters. So, I went to check the real pronunciation of that, without the adaptation.

So... I seached for the souds of each character...

レ - Re
    ッ - "Doubles" the next consonant
    ド - Do

So... Reddo!

It was nearly one month before I join PC.

Years
  • i got my username from the legend of zelda, plus young link was my fav char on melee as well. i didnt just want my user name 2 b young link tho, so with a clever, or idiotic alteration on the word "young", yung_link was born. simple as that.

kokopuffchan

a s h e n
    Years
  • a while back, i joined a forum and used the alias komachi matsumoto. i took the nickname ko from that. then, everyone wanted to have special nicknames for me, like koala, hot koko, kokonut, etc. a few called me koko puffs, so kokopuffchan was born. <3

Aether

Preparing Emergency Food
    Years
  • I was playing Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance at the time, and I thought it sounded cool. Then I learned that it is also the mythical fifth classical element, which is also pretty cool. To this day I'm somewhat surprised that the name wasn't taken at the time.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back