• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Which is your favorite grass starter?

Favorite Grass Starter?

• 1st Gen: Bulbasaur

Votes: 36 30.3%
  • 2nd Gen: Chikorita

Votes: 34 28.6%
  • 3rd Gen: Treecko

Votes: 34 28.6%
  • 4th Gen: Turtwig

Votes: 15 12.6%

• Total voters

Zeta Sukuna

Descendant of the Inchlings
Years
  • Chikorita, because it's a BAMF. Lv. 38 Meganium survived a Blizzard from either a Lv. 47 or 50 Dragonite, then Body Slammed it into paralyzation, and then it was basically screwed.

That is badass.

Elise

ニャーニャー
    Years
  • Jeez, you made this one really hard to decide! I almost always start out with a grass, not because it's the easiest to raise, but because of how much I love grass-type!!! I would love to pick all of them, but I chose Treeko, because it's my favorite non-EV'd starter. I usually switch to Breloom later in that game instead of using a Sceptile. If I wanted an EV'd grass pokie though, I would go with Venusaur. :)

Years
    • Seen May 30, 2010
    I've always liked Bulbasaur, from the very first time that I've seen the anime. That said, I do like Meganium and Torterra!

Years
    • Seen Jun 14, 2010
    I'mma go with Chikorita :D Bulbasaur is of course my second favorite <3

UraharaSteph

Science Has Never Been So Sexy
    Years
  • Chikorita! IT's so cute! I love him to bits! I remember getting SoulSilver, there was no doubt that I'd be starting with Chikorita, and I gave him the nickname Matsuda. (Which was taken from Death Note, because Chikorita kind of reminded me of him XD)

kokopuffchan

a s h e n
    Years
  • definitely chikorita! i never really loved the grass starters T__T but i always chose chikorita in g/s/c. <3 bayleef is amazing!

Dr. Faustus

I am >9000. I am 31337.
    Years
    • Seen Jan 22, 2011
    I voted Treecko. I've always liked Treecko's evolutionary line. Grovyle was awesome in Explorers of Time / Darkness / Sky. A close second would be Tsutaja (who isn't in the poll), he just looks classy. I kind of dislike Bulbasaur's and Turtwig's evolutionary line.

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jan 22, 2013
    Definitely Chikorita. I love it's whole evolution chain's designs.
    I really like Grovyle too, but Sceptile is just... eh.

Bulbasaur is okay though.

livelyhans

Verdanturf Town Trainer
    Years
  • hahha.... off course Bulbasaur no doubt... the first Pokemon the first to be chosen..!! yaahh bravo Bulbasaur!!

Sage Harpuia

Hey, listen
    Years
  • I voted Chikorita I love it too much, even if I don't like the fact that Meganium missis the leaf on his head :(
    Then in order:
    -Bulbasaur and treecko: I don't like too much the desing of the final form: venosaur looks tired and without will, sceptile loses a bit grovyle's speed.
    -turtwig: I love grass/ground but I don't like is overall desing.

Okami Chi

El Guitar Man~
    Years
  • God this is a hard one! The grass starters have always been perfect. I go Bulbasaur though because he is first Gen and that's when I started playing. No other reason though.

lx_theo

Game Developer
    Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2013
    I'm thinking the new one will be my favorite, but out of Gens 1-4, Bulbasaur and Turtwig are close, but Turtwig gets the edge because I actually picked him at a point (hate the other two of the Gen).

Back