• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Which starter did you pick?

Which did you pick?

• Total voters

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    It's strange that I didn't post in this thread for around 2 months. Anyway, I chose Snivy and I'm sticking with my choice. Guess my love of Grass types is too much for the other starters, huh?

Neeni

Stage On!
    Years
    • Seen May 11, 2013
    I really liked Snivy.. but I didn't want to pick it 'cuz I thought that 90% of people will o.o"
    so I went for Osha and no regrets! Samu is just ahmazing. x3

Rionix

My girlfriend is a crazy fox
    Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2011
    I picked Oshawott in my 3rd playthrough and so far I'm liking him compared to the two other. But I got all the three through GTS trades.

Azurina

PKMN Ranger Carmen Sandiego
    Years
    • Seen Mar 18, 2013
    I picked Snivy, because I'd been advised by many people that it's easier to get Oshawott through GTS and I never really cared for Tepig much.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    Now that I've beaten the Elite Four the first time around, I have all three starters. However, the Oshawott I started off with still remains to be one as I never had plans to evolve her. I guess you can say the starter I've chosen will always remain that same starter. :P

phonastik

Strange Quark
    Years
  • I always go for the fire type, even though they used THE SAME type combination THREE GENERATIONS in a row. Still, my Blaziken and Infernape both kicked butt. So did my Emboar, in the end.

Pancake86

Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2012
    Chose Tepig. Don't know why. Should've went with Oshawott, but Tepig grew on me.

Edsbob

TECHNOLOGY TODAY IS INCREDIBLE
    Years
  • I heard some time ago that Tepig becomes a massive Boar (Emboar).
    SOLD.

I called it Ganon (to those that get the reference). I really like the guy too.

Years
    • Seen May 27, 2011
    I chose Oshawott based on the gym types and because Samurott looks freakin awesome!

Seeds Horizon

Gotta love that feeling~
    Years
  • I picked Oshawott for my first playthrough, caught most legendaries and did everything except defeat Bianca and the second run of E4. Then I reset, since I was seriously bored~~~ And picked Snivy. Took me ages with him, kept stopping to grind my Pokes since Snivy was seriously weak to most Gyms, and my party was made mostly of Grass and Grass/Bug types up until the 6th gym. After taking out the E4 for the first time and getting Zekrom, trading it through GTS for a level 46 Japanese Emboar XD. For my first playthrough didnt even use Zekrom much unless it was my last Poke so I didnt need it anyway, a Dragon/Electric type doesnt really appeal to me. So getting Emboar elminated my need to reset. I guess *shrugs*

TheGr8

lovely pair<3
    Years
  • I went with Tepig, mainly because everyone I know chose Oshawott, So I like to be different. Then I bought White yesterday and started with Snivy.

Years
    • Seen Aug 23, 2013
    I picked Oshawott because I always pick a water type pokemon as a starter. Plus, samurai otters are awesome!

Back