• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen who got pokerus..

NeoFlame34

Heavy Metal Enthusiast
Years
    • Seen Oct 23, 2010
    I got the pokerus from the Togepi that hatched from the Egg given to you by Professor Elm's aide. Rather amusing that I got it that early in the game.

In Diamond I got it from a Kadabra (now Alakazam) in a GTS trade.

Years
  • My girlfriend's son got it in Platinum and came up to me freaking out because he thought it was bad. Then I started freaking out because I was jealous and made him infect a Pachirisu to trade with me. Now I have a box labeled "Infected" with a bunch of Pokémon who have it.

Years
  • I got Pokerus on my Soul Silver Pokemon because I traded plenty of infected one into the game and placed it into the PC as soon as possible to keep them infected. I got Pokerus legitimately from a wild Pokemon in Diamond though.

Years
    • Seen Oct 17, 2010
    It seems so much harder. I got pokerus extremely easily in Pokemon Crystal and Pokemon Sapphire and even with generation 2 and 3 in general it was not that difficult. Now i feel like it's so much harder to get it.

Silhouette

On my way to Viridian City ♪
    Years
  • I got Pokerus while training my Slowpoke to fight Morty in Route 36. This was on the second new game I started on my SoulSilver, and getting it so early on makes me feel lucky. I put it on my Togepi to preserve it in my box XD.

EDIT: My bad, route 37, not 36. I was never good with route names. :P

Last edited:

Pazuru

★ [ Fukidokuritsu ]
    Years
    • Seen Jan 29, 2013
    I got Pokerus on one of my Pokemon a few days ago, while I was training it. Got it on the route between Mahogany Town and the Ice Caves.

Swolligator

Butcher of the Sands
    Years
  • I have got it twice in one game card! the first time was my first game, i got pokerus then that game corrupted due to cartridge damages, started a new one after it and contracted the pokerus again!

Years
  • I've had Pokerus since a few weeks of owning Platinum. A different Pokemon ends up getting it. Rarely got the virus in Gen 2 though.

Hypno

OT: Eggaro
    Years
  • I got it when I was looking for a Machop with the nature that I wanted so one of the 3 Machops that I caught infected the rest of my team.

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
    Years
  • My Pokerus actually started from my Sapphire game!
    I emigrated my Pokemons over and most of them caught them.
    Now it've spread from Sapphire - Leafgreen - Diamond - Platinum - HGSS :P

JTrainer

I care about my Pokemon
    Years
  • I got pokerus in a trade back in my diamond version through the GTS. I think it was attatched to a bibarel, but I am uncertain. But ever since then, I've spread it to every pokemon that I EV train, making it a lot easier.

yvette

Heyyyyyyy
    Years
    • Seen Jul 28, 2023
    My entire team (except for my level 3 Geodude/HM slave) just got Pokerus... after I went to the Pokemon Center and healed them a minute back. I went and I'm still going OMGBBQWTF. Boy, that was unexpected.

I love my Pokemon, even though they are totally underleveled. <3

This rules.

And damn, my Togetic's in the box when all this happens. D:

Minute later: old Elm calls me and tells me about it. Yeah, as if Nurse Joy's explanation wasn't enough.

Last edited:

IceFireLighnting

It's the weirdest thing. I brought over a bunch of water type starters to my soulsilver, and I caught a Pidgey w/ pkrs. So, after some time it healed from all of my pkmn, and...well...I was wanting pkrs forever and it just...gone...*sobs*

BakingBluePotatoe

The Red Death Alchemist
    Years
  • I got one in a trade once without realising. XD (this was in Pearl)
    Apparently, my Platinum game got the Pokerus at some point, since I don't recall trade an infected Pokemon.

my SOulSilver though, has yet to get it. XD

Back