• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Wibbly wobbly timey wimey... DOCTOR WHO Fan Club

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Spoiler:

Is it more than a month's wait for the Christmas special now? :(

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • That was... underwhelming. Missy was going the very cliched "you're no different than me" crazy likeable villain thing that's so popular these days.

Aaand, nothing really happened. Never felt like there was much of a threat. Just lots of standing.

Guess we'll see what happens in the Christmas special

(also, I'm almost all caught up now. Going through the Tenth's specials currently)

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Spoiler:

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
    Years
  • And I've done it \o/ I am now all caught up on Doctor Who

Wooo that was a fun ride. I'm really glad I finally got into this.

Congrats! Kinda strange you chose to do both the live season and catch up at the same time, but you made it! Now 1 1/2 months till Christmas, and another 9 month wait! Though there is Torchwood, Sarah Jane Adventures, those weird spin-off movies from the 90's, Classic Who, K-9 the show, the books, and the audio stories! Kinda reccomended you stay away from the spin-off 90's movies, and K-9, unless you really want to.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Wow, this club really quieted down when S8 was over. Since it's not been 60 days yet, I'm reviving it ;)

Is anybody going to watch the Christmas special today? I won't be able to, likely, so let's keep details in spoilers fpr my sake at least?

EDIT: NVM OMG I JUST SEEN IT

Huuuuge, huge spoiler in the spoiler below, do not open until you have watched the Christmas special!

Spoiler:

Last edited:

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • I watched "Last Christmas" today since I did not have control of the TV at my aunt's house over Christmas.

Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    So many questions... Such Moffat.
    Spoiler:

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
    Years
  • Well I finally was able to watch it, but still got interuptions so I'll see about a rewatch later tonight.

Spoiler:

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Actually, I like episodes where the whole earth isn't in danger for a change :)

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Hey! Where's this club gone?

My recent project is a success so far: I'm turning my un-nerdy boyfriend into a Whovian. Or at least someone who likes watching the series. Rant below, and eventual question.

I've tried to show him bits and pieces in the past (Eleventh Hour, Blink, Flesh & Stone, Time of Angels, and also Flatline I think) but it didn't stick. So since he's heard me talking about the recent season and watched me cry my eyes out at Last Christmas, I decided to show him Clara's run first. To create something consistent to keep him wanting more :3

So I started with Asylum of the Daleks, and he kind of remembered Amy and River from the crash of the Byzantium episodes, and I hastily explained Rory. And there was Oswin. Then we hopped to The Snowmen, and I explained that Amy and Rory had died, simply. He was intrigued by Clara looking like Oswin and the Doctor's realization and our glimpse of real!Clara at the end. So we kept going through the rest of S7 (and personally, I love the second part of S7, it has great episodes and Clara's mystery is nice actually). We went through the specials, he seemed to like Ten enough in the 50th, and we ran through all of S8 with Danny and Missy and all, which kept him on his toes. He rolled his eyes at Last Christmas and still liked Eleven more than Twelve, it seemed. But I said that if he wanted to watch more, we needed to go back to the beginning. Meaning 2005.

So we watched "Rose" and as I expected, he didn't like Nine as much and also the show was filmed rather poorly those days compared to the cinematic feeling of season 5-8. So against better knowledge, we skipped from after Rose, directly to The Christmas Invasion and Ten's first appearance. Now we've just finished Satan Pit and I think I'll skip Love and Monsters (also skipped Idiot's Lantern and will skip Fear Her for sure) but then comes the question:

Should I go back and show him S1 episodes Father's Day, Empty Child, Doctor Dances (possibly skip Boom Town), Bad Wold and Parting of the Ways? I actually like S1 a lot and the individual episodes. Dalek is a gem, but he's seen enough Daleks already to make that an uninteresting episode at this point.

Option two would be to just keep going with Army of Ghosts and Doomsday, but then we kind of seal Rose off and it would be weird to go back watching S1 after that.

I think I'll go with S1 actually :3 Nine has his own charm.

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
    Years
  • Whoo, Doctor Who! :D I'm in!

PokéCommunity Username: Sir Bastian

Favorite Doctor: 10th AKA David Tennant, without question.

Favorite Companion: Amy Pond

Let me bask in the Whoness with the rest of you!

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Whoo, Doctor Who! :D I'm in!

PokéCommunity Username: Sir Bastian

Favorite Doctor: 10th AKA David Tennant, without question.

Favorite Companion: Amy Pond

Let me bask in the Whoness with the rest of you!

I've been told to join so sure:

PokéCommunity Username: Spherical Ice
    Favorite Doctor: hm, probably 10, maybe 12
    Favorite Companion: Rory or Donna
    selling souls to the master success

I mean, welcome to the club guys! Alby and Rai (and probably a lot of staffers) get so depressed when we spam up the chatgroup with who-talk so this is a better place for it haha.

So, why do you not like Eleven? :o I'm fluctuating in my opinion, but sometimes I think Ten is the best Doctor, but other times I find Eleven much more overall suitable as the Doctor than the bit too friendly and humanly Ten.

Years
  • Eleven had some stellar moments, he managed to appear like a really old alien at some points, but his whole "hahahah bow ties im still funny right" and Moffat's entire shit show re: River Song really soured a lot of his stories.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Yeah... Okay I admit River Song could have been handled a LOT better. She could actually have been a cool wife to the Doctor but now it was all very rushed and unbelievable. S6 finale is probably my least fav finale because it doesn't make sense in my head still. If The Big Bang was confusing, the whateverS6endingwascalled was a storm of wut a la Moffat. I mean, it's bad if I think River's best ep is SitL/FotD (still Moffat, but properly good Moffat).

... I want Moffat to leave.

EDIT: also, why did I never realize this before??

Last edited:

Sir Bastian

Christina - Crossroads
    Years
  • I'm not sure why I prefer 10 to 11, but I -definitely- don't dislike Matt. He's a very likeable Doctor, but if I'm being 100% honest here? I actually like 9 more than 11. I know that's a really hipster thing to say, but I really do think he introduced me to the Whoniverse (:DDD) alot better than Smith could've done. And he's got a very special, interesting style.
    Plus, looking back, he's pretty perfect for post-War Doctor. He still had a bit of an angry, vengeance-y streak to him, but it was like he was trying to put it behind him.

Overall, I guess 10 just gives me this sort of... 'LET'S GO ON AN ADVENTURE! Awaaaay!' feel, whereas 11 is just a bit more quirky and strange. In a good way, but still.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Overall, I guess 10 just gives me this sort of... 'LET'S GO ON AN ADVENTURE! Awaaaay!' feel, whereas 11 is just a bit more quirky and strange. In a good way, but still.
    Okay, that is definitely true. Tennant really defined Doctor Who for years :3 Smith did too, but not as drastically as Tennant was kind of the first really famous Doctor in the reboot.

ALSO become Amy already 8)

And here's Clara for Dragon!!

I have loooads more, but these are my favs for a collab 8)

Last edited:

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • Overall, I guess 10 just gives me this sort of... 'LET'S GO ON AN ADVENTURE! Awaaaay!' feel, whereas 11 is just a bit more quirky and strange. In a good way, but still.
    I got that vibe from 11 too, but it felt like more of a job to him? Whereas 10, it was for fun.

And now 12 does it in spite of himself lol

EDIT: That Looker/Doctor thing is amazing

Back