• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Wibbly wobbly timey wimey... DOCTOR WHO Fan Club

Years
  • I hope this club is bigger on the inside.

PokéCommunity Username
    : Spyro PDX
    Favorite Doctor: 10th
    Favorite Companion: Martha Jones

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I hope this club is bigger on the inside.

PokéCommunity Username
    : Spyro PDX
    Favorite Doctor: 10th
    Favorite Companion: Martha Jones

Yeah wouldn't that ne awesome...

Welcome! Seeing a Martha fan isn't the most common thing. You got over Rose quickly, then? ;)

I love Martha as she is in Season 4. Independent, smart and strong. She also reallt grew on me during me recent rewatch of Tennant's run.

Years
  • I never got over Rose haha. She was fantastic. She's the best love interest of the doctors, but Martha was the best companion. If that makes sense :p

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I never got over Rose haha. She was fantastic. She's the best love interest of the doctors, but Martha was the best companion. If that makes sense :p
    Makes sense to me! Though, I wouldn't agree Martha was best as a companion. She was the best when she took the stage on her own, without the Doctor holding her back. I love Martha in S4, where she dares to believe in her own intelligence.

Actually, I'm not sure I'd call Rose the best love interest either. Don't get me wrong, I've been a Rose fan since forever. And S1 with her is splendid. But when I rewatched S2... She is really just annoying :o I mean, I love her whole family and story and everything, how the Doctor found her and made her see more in life, but she got needy and kind of selfish in a way that is certainly realistic but also not very cool. She keeps Mickey around yet gets jealous at the Doctor. I think Nine and Rose actually had much better chemistry than Ten and her did, something I didn't really think much about before.

The decline in my love for Rose as the Doctor's "true love" might also have to do with my steady increase of love for Clara. Granted, she was a bit too good and too perfect in S7. I loved the episodes of S7part2, they might be my favorites. I love Eleven and Clara, after all. Just not together! But with Twelve, the series suddenly took a very different turn. I've tried not to ship them, seriously, because Capaldi didn't want us to (well, that's what he said before they started filming buuut) and because he's older etc (lol the Doctor is always older!) and because Clara should be his friend blah (she is!) but after Last Christmas they just... Auugh it might not be romantic with chemicals pumping like with Nine/Ten and Rose, rather it's even better. Clara had Danny for that, and actually the Doctor has had River for that recently. Twelve and Clara are more to each other, as evident by oh so many quotes from S8.

I look forward so much to S9 and I really hope that they continue Clara's development into a grown woman instead of flirty girl, and turn her into even more of a Doctor 2.0. And please don't let her die ;; that was what Last Christmas should have been for. Let her become something cool on a different planet or something, and let her even come back to meet the Doctor in S10 or whatever in the future. Just don't put her in another universe or make her forget him or send her back in time to die... and it's highly unlikely she'll end up leaving him to live a life of her own back on Earth, like Martha did.

HECK LET HER FIND GALLIFREY WITH HIM wouldn't that be amazing?

/fanrant

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    So, apparently I killed the club with my fanrant almost a month ago. I'll ease up on those from now on ;) unless they are requested, there's loads to dig into hrrm

There's still several months until season 9 starts, but I thought I'd kick up some discussion about what we might see there. SPOILERS AHEAD if you prefer to watch s9 without knowing anything (but it's all officially disclosed already, and you know Moffat - he sometimes plants red herrings that are big as your usual plot points). In any case, let's keep any names and plot points about s9 in spoilers for now.

Spoiler:

Also, since it's possibly never been done before and had so many old names on it... I purged the members list. If you want to chit-chat about Doctor Who (or related stuff) here, please rejoin!

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
    Years
  • I've been.. purged.. Dx

PokéCommunity Username: countryemo
    Favorite Doctor: 11th - Matt Smith
    Favorite Companion: Amy or Clara.. wait no. Amy.
    Favorite episode: Hmm.. The Eleventh Hour is always good.

Regarding filming and maybe major plot spoilers:
    Spoiler:

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I've been.. purged.. Dx

PokéCommunity Username: countryemo
    Favorite Doctor: 11th - Matt Smith
    Favorite Companion: Amy or Clara.. wait no. Amy.
    Favorite episode: Hmm.. The Eleventh Hour is always good.

Regarding filming and maybe major plot spoilers:
    Spoiler:
    Welcome back! xD

WHOA this is news to me! So exciting, I wonder what that'll be all about.

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2024
    omg i've been purged. i'm telling the doctor about this!!

PokéCommunity Username: Zeffy
    Favorite Doctor: 11th
    Favorite Companion: Donna Noble
    Favorite episode: I'll get back to you on this :p

I realized earlier that I still haven't watched last year's Christmas special so I rushed towards this thread to see if there were anyone else who share the same predicament haha :p

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    omg i've been purged. i'm telling the doctor about this!!

PokéCommunity Username: Zeffy
    Favorite Doctor: 11th
    Favorite Companion: Donna Noble
    Favorite episode: I'll get back to you on this :p

I realized earlier that I still haven't watched last year's Christmas special so I rushed towards this thread to see if there were anyone else who share the same predicament haha :p
    With last year I hope you mean 2014 because if you haven't watched Time of the Doctor... I don't really know what to say haha

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    *revives club*

Been a bit quiet on the DW front lately! Anybody heard some more news about s9?

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    PokéCommunity Username: Peitharchia.
    Favorite Doctor: 11th (I think this is what Matt Smith's number is, haha).
    Favorite Companion: It's got to be a tie between Amy Pond and Rory Williams.
    Favorite episode: The Angels Take Manhattan.

I've started watching this series recently (skipped directly to season seven, to have more of an easy time keeping up with what the fans are currently watching), and am definitely enjoying it thus far; it's amazing. Right now, my most favorite episode would have to be The Angels Take Manhattan, as I love the amount of emotion that they had put here.

Years
  • Pokecommunity Username: NightmareAbsol
    Favorite Doctor: Tie between 10th and 11th
    Favorite companion: Does River Song count?
    Favorite episode: Christmas Invasion
    *Doctor regenerates his hand after it was cut off by sycorax*
    Doctor: ..........and this is no ordinary hand; it's a fightin' hand! Something about the way he says that last part makes me die laughing every time i hear it

zevarius kerensky

i bid my timberwolf in defiance of yer claim!
    Years
  • PokéCommunity Username: zevarius kerensky
    Favorite Doctor: #9! (he and i look similar!)
    Favorite Companion: rose tyler
    Favorite episode: voyage of the damned

Years
  • Huge Doctor Who fan here. Been watching it since 2002 and I've loved every second of it.

Favourite doctor: Tom Baker
    Favourite companion: Clara
    Favourite stories: Too many to count - The Green Death, Genesis of the Daleks, The Caves of Androzani, Remembrance of the Daleks, The Empty Child/The Doctor Dances, Blink, Day of the Doctor, Mummy on the Orient Express

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Whoaa. I really need to update this, don't I?

PokéCommunity Username: Peitharchia.
    Favorite Doctor: 11th (I think this is what Matt Smith's number is, haha).
    Favorite Companion: It's got to be a tie between Amy Pond and Rory Williams.
    Favorite episode: The Angels Take Manhattan.

I've started watching this series recently (skipped directly to season seven, to have more of an easy time keeping up with what the fans are currently watching), and am definitely enjoying it thus far; it's amazing. Right now, my most favorite episode would have to be The Angels Take Manhattan, as I love the amount of emotion that they had put here.

Pokecommunity Username: NightmareAbsol
    Favorite Doctor: Tie between 10th and 11th
    Favorite companion: Does River Song count?
    Favorite episode: Christmas Invasion
    *Doctor regenerates his hand after it was cut off by sycorax*
    Doctor: ..........and this is no ordinary hand; it's a fightin' hand! Something about the way he says that last part makes me die laughing every time i hear it

PokéCommunity Username: zevarius kerensky
    Favorite Doctor: #9! (he and i look similar!)
    Favorite Companion: rose tyler
    Favorite episode: voyage of the damned

Huge Doctor Who fan here. Been watching it since 2002 and I've loved every second of it.

Favourite doctor: Tom Baker
    Favourite companion: Clara
    Favourite stories: Too many to count - The Green Death, Genesis of the Daleks, The Caves of Androzani, Remembrance of the Daleks, The Empty Child/The Doctor Dances, Blink, Day of the Doctor, Mummy on the Orient Express
    A big welcome to all of you~! Soon series 9 starts. I hope we can get some discussion going on that :D

In any case. I did finally watch caves of the Androzani but I didn't understand the story at all... It seemed very loose and I'm not sure I understand why people say that adventure is so great. It was nice that he saved her of course :)

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
    Years
  • Well I tried to get ahold of you when the S9 trailer hit. :P

I'm thinking about going to the Doctor Who Death in Heaven event, primarly for the prequel they'll be showing. And I found out we have a Crown Club card, well mother does, so hopefully that makes the ticket much cheaper and the event more worth it.

Al3x

Pokémon Fan
    Years
  • Favourite Doctor: 11th, Matt Smith
    Favourite Companion: Clara
    Favourite episode: How am I suppose to say a fav episode? They were all brilliant.

Back