• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Wibbly wobbly timey wimey... DOCTOR WHO Fan Club

xVaporeon

used bubblebeam!
Years
    • UK
    • Seen Dec 25, 2022
    Username: xVaporeon

Favorite Doctor: Ten
    Ten was my first Doctor and the first I fell in love with. I love his personality.. his antics and his quirks and everything, really. He also had the best regeneration (out of 9, 10 and 11) and I think that connected and acted well with everyone he worked with on the show.

Favorite Companion: Donna.
    I love Donna due to her personality, mainly - but I love her relationship with Ten, too! :) It's completely platonic and I love it. No complications between both of them, and I think that's why her character is funnier. I love her story line, and she was in one of my favourite series'. Her departure is one of the saddest but one of my favourites too! I have to love Donna, she's brilliant :P

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I tend to change my opinion now and then ^^ I love Rose, but in ways Amy is the best companion imo. I don't care about the complaints people put up about her being mean to Rory or daring to fall in love with the Doctor or something. I actually think she was pretty realistic for a late teenage/twenties girl who had spent most part of her life wondering if the magical friend from her past was real or not. And then he came back. And then he left for two more years so she agreed to marry Rory and move on. But then he came back again and gave her a chance to see wonders. Omg wouldn't you be infatuated with him too at that point? Especially if you were freaking out before your marriage? And in the end, they become best friends in a way you can actually believe. At least me.

Yeah, I think Amy is on top of my list, right now at least. But also Rose and she'll likely always be up there :)

Years
    • Seen Feb 23, 2015
    Username: SoapyBubbles
    Favorite Doctor: 10th Doctor.
    10th was the first Doctor I really watched, I remember seeing the 9th but I was never really into it at that point.

Favorite Companion: A tie between Donna and Amy.
    Donna is just a hilarious companion and always put the Doctor in his place as does Amy on occasion as well as Rory.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    And also

Wibbly wobbly timey wimey... DOCTOR WHO Fan Club

Ginger! Funny how the Doctor wants to be ginger but the companions of his that were redheads were the ones he fell the least in love with. Sorta.

Years
  • Ten... ...also had the best regeneration (out of 9, 10 and 11).

Not really, no. He was way too whiny and melodramatic, and I think he set up an unfair bias against 11.

Doctor: I dunno, I think that Amy's case might be more to do with how 11 is less sexualised over all.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Doctor: I dunno, I think that Amy's case might be more to do with how 11 is less sexualised over all.
    how 11 is less sexualised over all.
    how 11 is less sexualised over all.
    less sexualised over all.
    less sexualised

Really? Eleven is the one who keeps pulling dirty jokes/references and who danced around River Song with kisses and whatnot and eventually married her and god knows what more, and then came Clara and wooed him (with a kiss) into giving her a TARDIS key and then came another Clara who had to perform the trick of not falling in love with Eleven twice a day and

I grew tired of that and Twelve is such a welcome change. Capaldi is still sexy in a mature kind of way though /killmenow

Okay I can see your point though. Everyone pretty much fell in love with Ten, or at least agreed that he was a sexy beast. Even himself loved himself so much that he avoided regeneration the first time it became relevant, then very reluctantly regenerated the second time xD

Still cried when he didn't want to go though. Because Matt Smith is fun and all but Tennant is my Doctor. (idek if that's an okay thing to say, I've just heard people say that they see certain regenerations as "their" Doctor hahah)

Years
  • Yeah that's fine to say.

What I meant was that with 11, even though it was still there, you kind of got the feeling that it sort of confused him.

xVaporeon

used bubblebeam!
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Dec 25, 2022
    Not really, no. He was way too whiny and melodramatic, and I think he set up an unfair bias against 11.

I should have put in my opinion, lol. I liked 9's too, but idk 10's got to me a lot more. I cried at all 3 (I get really attached to these characters) but 11's speech was very good, I just didn't like how quick he changed. I know he was regenerating for at least 1/3 of the episode, lol, but still.. I think he deserved a big one in the TARDIS just like 9 and 10. 10's just got to me more, however I'm probably biased as 10 is my favourite Doctor and series' 2-4 were my absolute favourite.

RoreyG

Lizardon Man
    Years
  • Username: RoreyG

Favorite Doctor
    :

Classic Doctor= 3rd (Jon Pertwee). He was the first action Doctor and he introduced the Master. Out of all of the Classic Who periods, I enjoyed his tenure the most; even more than Tom Baker's run as the 4th Doctor

New Doctor= 11th (Matt Smith). I don't really favor New Who Doctors but if I had to choose, 11 was the one that I responded the best to. Christopher Eccleston's 9th Doctor was a little too emo for me (PTSD from the Time War didn't really make for an enjoyable Doctor). I know that I'm gonna get a lot of flak for this, but David Tennant's 10th Doctor came off as annoying to me and at times, felt like the deus ex machina of Doctors (which is really saying something if you know who and what the Doctor is). This is nothing against Mr. Tennant (he's a wonderful actor). I blame Russell T. Davies tedious writing for that. Matt Smith, on the other hand, had the perfect mix of weird quirks and intensity. He had already gotten over the PTSD of the Time War and he was written more competently and believably than David Tennant's Doctor (as to be expected as Steven Moffat is an infinitely better and writer and show-runner than Russell T. Davies). Most of all though, his portrayal reminded fans that the Doctor was an alien, part of what made him special (as what Patrick Troughton and Tom Baker's Doctor did before him).

Favorite Companion
    :

Classic Who= Sarah Jane Smith. Easily best companion he's ever had. A perfect foil for the Doctor on almost every conceivable level, who could ask for more.

New Who= Rory (and Amy and River by association). Firstly, he's named Rory so he must be AWESOME!!! Secondly, he's had some of the best development that any companion has ever had and I can relate to him the most out of any Doctor Who character. His morals, values, outlook are all things I strive for and to see a character with those similarities accomplish these amazing things gives me great inspiration.

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
    Years
  • Lucky.. I meant to go this past comic con, but money, lack of planning, ect.

I listened to bits of 11s last speech again, and he does say he's the same but changes which is true for all of us/, but when he says he's coming, just means he's about to revenue and that he gave up being the doctor (dropping the bowtie)

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • I still don't like the differentiation. I liked it more when it was about reassuring the companions that he's going to change, but it'll be fine, he'll still be himself. I just don't think the differentiation gives the same message.

On another note, found an article that's talking about the distinct lack of female writers over Moffat's reign. With mentions of a lack of racial diversity. Still making me sad, man.

countryemo

Years
  • On another note, found an article that's talking about the distinct lack of female writers over Moffat's reign. With mentions of a lack of racial diversity. Still making me sad, man.
    There is also not a lot of female sci-fi writters in the U.K that are available. I read somewhere that he has asked (along with RTD to do a episode again). But most wern't that intererest, busy, or some other reason.

Heres the comment from "TheOncommingHurricane" on DWTV.
    Well, you have to look at who's available and has some experience in genre TV. Helen Raynor as far as I'm aware hasn't written anything for TV since 2011 and after the bashing she received from certain areas of fandom, I'd be surprised if she wanted to return. Chris Chibnall keeps poaching Catherine Tregenna (Torchwood) to write episodes of Law and Order: UK, so that's kind of a block there. Lucy Watkins is possibly available, but I'd rather the writers of Atlantis were kept as far away from the show as possible. The likes of Wallander and Dirk Gently have a pedigree. Atlantis does not. There's Jane Espenson, I suppose, but she lives and works in America (and with RTD was co-lead writer on Miracle Day so that's not the best of ideas either). Vanessa Taylor presents the same problem. Julie Rutterford isn't really a genre TV writer, despite an episode of Life on Mars and 3 of Ashes to Ashes. Catherine Linstrum's co-written one episode of Primeval, that's her entire TV writing career. Sarah Phelps is somewhat busy working on The Crimson Fields and an adaptation next year, so she's not really available (and her experience in genre TV is limited).

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • But Doctor Who, while based in sci-fi, isn't strictly sci-fi. The theory when it started out was that it would be historically educational. Three's era had a hell of a lot of action movie influences. There's been a crap ton of political and social commentary through various settings. Making the science fiction take a backseat to a different genre for an episode isn't a big deal.

Anyway, it really sounds like this guy's making excuses tbh. Lucy Watkins wrote one episode of Atlantis. That's not her entire writing career! She co-created and wrote for Hex, which was really well-received. She wrote for Merlin, and all of her episodes were well liked. True, those are more in the supernatural/fantasy genre, but it's not like Doctor Who is such hardcore sci-fi.
    Helen Raynor wrote To The Last Man & Ghost Machine for Torchwood, which were great. Daleks in Manhatten/Evolution of the Daleks were her, so was The Sontaran Stratagem/The Poison Sky. I dunno what the general consensus was but I liked those. Did she receive enough fan-bashing to drive her away? The way it's phrased seems like that's an assumption more than anything- has she been asked back? If not, why?
    Catherine Tregenna doesn't seem to have written for L&O UK since 2010. No idea where that argument is coming from tbh. Julie Rutherford isn't a genre writer, but why does that exclude her? Doctor Who is a whole range of things and what it can be is even more than that.

What I'd like to see is a breakdown of who Moffat has actually approached to write for Doctor Who and what the demographics and credentials are for those people. :|

countryemo

Years
  • I agree a lot of does seem like excuses. However we may never know why they won't write for Doctor Who. I know some are interested if they have the time like J.K Rowling (Thats her name right?). But Moffat sounds a lot more open than people make him out to be.

Eevee3

╰( ´・ω・)つ━☆゚.* ・。゚
    Years
  • I haven't seen the weeping angels yet but I have heard that they are the scariest things ever! It's so tempting to Google what they look like but I know that it'll kill the fun. xD

I'm only on season 2 :c I'm so far behind because I just started watching. x3 I have 3 more episodes til season 3 which I think is the season with the weeping angels. I'm gunna ♥♥♥♥ my pants! ahah

Back