• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Will Pokemon End?

What do you think? Also give the Reason.

• It'll be better End in 5th gen.

Votes: 10 7.8%
  • 5th gen isn't the End. There'll be more.

Votes: 91 70.5%
  • We'll see what happen.

Votes: 28 21.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

orange discontent

pogeymans?
Years
  • I think that they have a lot of material (Ranger, Colloseum, Mystery Dungeon...) to work with. It's not bad to go back to older regions without remaking games, either.

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    Won't be ending any generation soon if you ask me. As stated previously by others, as long as theres money to be made from Pokemon and a large fan base asking for more, we'll see new generations and games every few years. To be honest, Pokemon might be the only brand or franchise that I have no problems with when it comes down to having an expansive longevity.

Hibaru

Advanced Pokemon Trainer
    Years
  • I have a horrible, sad, gut feeling that Black and White will be the last. I don't know exactly why but it just seems like the end for the Pokemon franchise. The Pokemon and games just don't have that feeling that they did. The last good Pokemon games that seemed like they were thought out and the producers had passion for it was Hoenn. D/P/P didn't have the feeling the first three did. They just seemed forced and only made for the money. And I'm sure everyone agrees with me the anime died after the first season.

So... I dunno what to say. I don't want it to die but it's almost time for it to end. Oh well, if it does end, it certainly made its mark in culture. :D

Don't worry pal. Every anime and games always had a bad situations on making them. I'm sure Pokemon will get better in the 3rd version of BW or 3rd gen remakes. That rumor is actually make me really depress and Sad, Even worry about Satoshi Tajiri and Ken Sugimori cause many Pokemon Fans keep complaining about the New Pokemon. I don't understand myself either but, The Four Pokemon in the anime artwork, Its kinda make me really feel like everyone is gonna disappointed on them. Especially Tsutaaja evolution. Even in the other Forum says like,"Man! I guess I'll change my mind on choosing Tsutaaja! Mijumaru evolution is better, I'll go with Mijumaru then". That's what they said.

Last edited:

WriteThemWrong

LetMeHearYourPokemon's___ Voice
    Years
  • gawd i hope not. my entire life up till now i've been living with my parents but now that i'm on my own and have a job and a life, i can buy my own pokemon games and continue my obsession whenever i want instead of depending on my parents to buy them for me.

currently saving up for a ds and buying my own packs of pokemon cards.

i would just hate for it to become something like how digimon is nowadays, stuck between being popular again and its old diehard fans. hopefully pokemon will keep innovating and finding new fans.

Hibaru

Advanced Pokemon Trainer
    Years
  • gawd i hope not. my entire life up till now i've been living with my parents but now that i'm on my own and have a job and a life, i can buy my own pokemon games and continue my obsession whenever i want instead of depending on my parents to buy them for me.

currently saving up for a ds and buying my own packs of pokemon cards.

i would just hate for it to become something like how digimon is nowadays, stuck between being popular again and its old diehard fans. hopefully pokemon will keep innovating and finding new fans.

Well lets hope the current fans won't leave Pokemon as their favorite. Many current fans are keep complaining. What I mean is, When there's a New Fans, The old Fans may not like it anymore. Just like my friends did. But for me, I'll always like Pokemon. They're really amaze me when I was a kid. Even now!

Years
    • Seen Jul 3, 2010
    Satoshi Tajiri CREATED Pokemon so I think if he stopped after Generation II, it's really bad.

Not the designs, I love all the designs so far. Just the idea of him stopping in the game development is bad.

It's HIS game so he should be a part of it.

Bamboo Basara

Pokemon Historian
    Years
  • I think the franchise is heading in an amazing direction, the Pokemon are becoming far, far more creative. I don't see it ending any time soon, there is much money to be made.

Hibaru

Advanced Pokemon Trainer
    Years
  • Satoshi Tajiri CREATED Pokemon so I think if he stopped after Generation II, it's really bad.

Not the designs, I love all the designs so far. Just the idea of him stopping in the game development is bad.

It's HIS game so he should be a part of it.

That's what I'm thinking so far since I've heard this rumor. Poke`Beach said that they're wondering something like Satoshi Tajiri isn't interested in monster designing anymore. My point is, I don't want any single person to replace Satoshi Tajiri position to take over Pokemon. Lets just hope Satoshi Tajiri is back working again, In the 3rd version of BW, 3rd gen remakes, or 6th Gen and the Next gen afterward.

Diablerie

Exceptionally Adequate
    Years
  • It wouldn't end. The creators wouldn't dare cut down their money tree.
    And even if it did, the many fans wouldn't just suddenly lose interest in it. Even if the series ended, there would still be like a million fans, myself included.

Hibaru

Advanced Pokemon Trainer
    Years
  • It wouldn't end. The creators wouldn't dare cut down their money tree.
    And even if it did, the many fans wouldn't just suddenly lose interest in it. Even if the series ended, there would still be like a million fans, myself included.

It WILL end. We just don't know when. But you're right, I won't giving up loving Pokemon if its ends. But if they end Pokemon in BW, Then I guess it'll be better if all of the previous gen comes to remake. I don't mean to give such a crazy idea, But that's the best way of keep the previous gen alive. From 1st to 4th.

hever

猿も木から落ちる
    Years
  • Nintendo is going to sell Pokemon to Sony and Sony will make Pokemon Globe in the future. With 312314234 species of pokemon.

Hyrukiller

Pokemerchant
    Years
    • Age 38
    • Peru
    • Seen Dec 10, 2011
    I've seen the future....

Pokemon 9th generarion. The DS will be a pokedex and the for the moment known wi fi battles will be through holograms...

Pokemon will remain. People will still buy pokemon.

I've seen the future....

Pokemon 9th generarion. The DS will be a pokedex and the for the moment known wi fi battles will be through holograms...

Last edited:

Hibaru

Advanced Pokemon Trainer
    Years
  • Pokemon is so popular, it may never end.

Yeah, I see what you mean. Good!

Nintendo is going to sell Pokemon to Sony and Sony will make Pokemon Globe in the future. With 312314234 species of pokemon.
    Yeah, And Nintendo gonna miss Pokemon. But with that many Species Pokemon come?! Gosh!

I've seen the future....

Yeah right...If you've seen the future, Can you explain to me what will the 3rd gen remake look like?

♣Gawain♣

Onward to Music!!!
    Years
  • It will only end if Nintendo gives up and endorse new "monsters". Otherwise it'll reach to the 100th gen...

As for me, I will not give up.

dajman1996

Novice Turbo Duelist
    Years
  • It may end soon but for all of us fans it'll last forever and ever and ever and ever (I think I should stop now) well look at Digimon for example it used to be popular alongside with Pokemon in their early days but Pokemon proved beter then Digimon cause it came out earlier and Digimon kept selling it's rights to the wrong company's which made it fall apart personally with Digimon I'm a fan yes I admit it I only liked the first 3 seasons of Digimon the rest were bad, hoping the 6th will be good but my hopes aren't up yet, the reason Pokemon maintained to be good was not selling it's rights to other company's for both the game and Show.

Well if anyone knows Pokemon saved nintendo's butt and the Gameboy if anyone knows. Just saying, I'm predicting that Pokemon will last to a few years to come hopefully another remake of the 1st gen and a console game not stadium style but an final fantasy style which will be awesome. And the T.V show is still watched by kids these days but the only good seasons I like were from Indigo League to Battle Frontier, DP just makes it look childish.

Man I just want to invent a time machine to go back to the 90's and buy all that Pokemon stuff and Digimon stuff again. Pokemon will end someday or the apocalypse will end it MWHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

RedWar

Learning...
    Years
  • It is important to think that Pokemon is not only an incredibly popular game in it's own right but it also is a MASSIVE boost to sales of Nintendo's handheld console. the triumvirate of Mario, Pokemon and Zelda must ensure success of any Nintendo Handheld console for at least another generation (of handhelds, not pokemon) and since they are so well selling and matched so well...

Mario and Pokémon are the two best selling game series of all time. There are over 200 Mario games and it came out a full fifteen years before Pokémon. They are currently only about 20 million games apart, which might be surpassed in the upcoming release of Heart Gold and Soul Silver. Basically, Pokémon is well on its way to number one.

https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/CashCowFranchise

I don't see Nintendo risking their handheld by ending Pokemon. So it is not just the direct huge profits pokemon makes but the massive amount of people that will get a DS to play Pokemon that might otherwise look elsewhere (such as me)

Hibaru

Advanced Pokemon Trainer
    Years
  • It will only end if Nintendo gives up and endorse new "monsters". Otherwise it'll reach to the 100th gen...

As for me, I will not give up.

Yeah, I know. But to tell the truth, I think I'm really sad seeing that rumor from Poke`Beach of Satoshi Tajiri isn't interested in monster designing anymore. I hope and I'm sure Satoshi Tajiri will appear in the Front line when the 3rd version of BW and 3rd Gen remake appear or even the next gen and afterward.

It may end soon but for all of us fans it'll last forever and ever and ever and ever (I think I should stop now) well look at Digimon for example it used to be popular alongside with Pokemon in their early days but Pokemon proved beter then Digimon cause it came out earlier and Digimon kept selling it's rights to the wrong company's which made it fall apart personally with Digimon I'm a fan yes I admit it I only liked the first 3 seasons of Digimon the rest were bad, hoping the 6th will be good but my hopes aren't up yet, the reason Pokemon maintained to be good was not selling it's rights to other company's for both the game and Show.

Well if anyone knows Pokemon saved nintendo's butt and the Gameboy if anyone knows. Just saying, I'm predicting that Pokemon will last to a few years to come hopefully another remake of the 1st gen and a console game not stadium style but an final fantasy style which will be awesome. And the T.V show is still watched by kids these days but the only good seasons I like were from Indigo League to Battle Frontier, DP just makes it look childish.

Man I just want to invent a time machine to go back to the 90's and buy all that Pokemon stuff and Digimon stuff again. Pokemon will end someday or the apocalypse will end it MWHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I can see your point and agree with another 1st gen remake. Its really confusing to me thinking about 3rd gen remake, Cause in the 3rd gen there's also 1st. It'll be a good idea if we had 2 generations remake this time. Right? Nah, never mind. My point is I wonder where's Satoshi Tajiri right now. I mean, he's leaving?! Its his game, Then it's his responsibility too, right?

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    I don't want Satoshi Tajiri to return if it means him dragging himself to the task, rather than actually wanting to return.

Not much can be done if someone loses interest. It'd be great if he gained that interest once more, but that doesn't always happen.

RedWar

Learning...
    Years
  • Yeah, I know. But to tell the truth, I think I'm really sad seeing that rumor from Poke`Beach of Satoshi Tajiri isn't interested in monster designing anymore. I hope and I'm sure Satoshi Tajiri will appear in the Front line when the 3rd version of BW and 3rd Gen remake appear or even the next gen and afterward.

I can see your point and agree with another 1st gen remake. Its really confusing to me thinking about 3rd gen remake, Cause in the 3rd gen there's also 1st. It'll be a good idea if we had 2 generations remake this time. Right? Nah, never mind. My point is I wonder where's Satoshi Tajiri right now. I mean, he's leaving?! Its his game, Then it's his responsibility too, right?

they don't NEED a first gen remake this time. The first gen is covered by the 2nd gen (as in you can go there) so it is more the 3rd gen that needs to get some loving imo.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back