• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

World Cup South Africa 2010

Who will win?

• Total voters
Years
  • The Slovaks are so obviously stalling for time it's painful to watch. Italy almost, almost, almost got back a third, but too late. Italy goes out in disgrace but at least they went down fighting. Congratulations to the Slovakians.

Edit: The table goes Paraguay, Slovakia, New Zealand, and finally Italy. They share the same fate as France this year without the politics.

Zeph.

Casual Player, Silly Username
    Years
  • I must say the match between Italy and Slovakia just there was one of the most entertaining games I've seen! :D I'm glad Slovakia got through - always nice to see an underdog do well ;)

Years
  • Just thought I'd mention some interesting stats from the BBC website.

In group C these were the amount of shots each team had, England - 44, USA - 43, Algeria - 39 & Slovenia - 26.

Shows how wasteful teams can be, Algeria didn't score a single goal in 39 shots.

Then again Frank Lampard hasn't managed a goal in 32 shots over the past two world cups.

All pretty interesting, proof that we maybe should have won the group and that Slovenia must have been good going forward to convert more than the others.

Fire Wolf

it's as humid as a sauna, boy!
    Years
  • Ahahahaha, Italy knocked out in the group stages. They were atleast better than France, they scored 4 goals (double of what England scored), got atleast two points (France only managed a single point) but still were terrible. I was laughing when I saw New Zealand score vs them, and I laughed even more when I saw them losing to the Slovaks. Well done, Slovakia.

Its probably Slovakia vs Netherlands now. Slovakia, please bring another giant down.

I now want Spain to be knocked out, lets hope Chile can hold them to a draw so Switzerland can beat Honduras and qualify with Chile.

Years
    • Seen Aug 28, 2013
    Italy got knocked out in Round 1. Their players were too old or too inexperienced really.

Shanghai Alice

Exiled to Siberia
    Years
  • Wouldn't even be discussing the world cup if not for us. :P
    *Cough*Andyou'dbediscussingitinGermanifnotforus*Cough*

Also, doesn't anyone else find 'L'affaire Anelka' (The French failure to do anything at all due to the fact that they hated their coach) absolutely hilarious?

After the French team boycotted practice, and got humiliated three times, the French government took away their private jet and made them fly coach.

Epic fail, France. Epic fail.

Years
    • Seen Aug 28, 2013
    The French were such a farce in this World Cup they were funny.

SUTANRII

The New Guy
    Years
    • Seen Jul 30, 2010
    Here is my top choices...of course I'm hoping Argentina wins it all. :)

1) Argentina
    2) USA
    3) Germany
    4) Spain

Of course we also have the top crap teams in this cup. Italy, horrible. France, worse than horrible. Referees suck, USA was robbed a bunch of times. Poor Africa with their bad teams. And France really really sucked...like wow.

jjeangi

It's me...
    Years
  • Anyone watching the Netherlands game? They're on cruise control of course, they know they're already advancing.

EDIT: Robben's warming up! He's going to be substituted in sometime in this match.

EDIT 2: WOW, The only goal Cameroon could score was from a bullcrap penalty call. Supposedly, van der Vaart's handball was intentional......

Last edited:
    Years
  • I cannot believe that the runner-up and winner of the last world cup get knocked out in the group stages. I think that the United States has a shot of defeating Ghana and advancing to the top eight.

jjeangi

It's me...
    Years
  • To be honest, I really think that the U.S. can go the the Semis.
    They will of course lose to the Netherlands or Brazil there.

EDIT: I'm SOOOO happy Robben's back. He's such a good playmaker. He almost scores one the coolest goals of the world cup, he was off balance and everything...it hit the post.

BUT, it set up a goal for Huntelaar..

Classic Robben. :)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 28, 2013
    I don't we'd be alive then.

Anyway, Japan amazing yet again.

I can't believe the route we missed out on, Ghana then Uruguay or South Korea, I would have been very confident of us getting to the semis.

Hard work now though.
    You know England, since when did they make things easy for themselves?

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
  • Whoa, what an evening. First the Italy match, right during the end of the longest tennis match ever, both sucking up my attention and making me crazy from switching between both, and then Japan XD

I told you I was still expecting Italy to fight until the end. They remind me so much of damned Real Madrid, always scoring in the 90th minute when I'm about to celebrate their defeats u_u I needed that good old "Damn it you said 4 stoppage minutes, and it's 96th already!" adrenaline rush. World Cup is getting more intense with each day XD

Congratulations to Japan, it's always ince to see the underdog qualifying :P

Now I only wish we beat Chile by a few goals so Switzerland and us move ahead.

TheReal

Epic Member
    Years
  • ****!

****!

Screw the World Cup!

I laught :D
    Well, France, Greece and Italy out, well done outsiders! Unfortunately England and Germany passed, I just hope Spain to be out too.
    Also, GO PORTUGAL! It would be awesome if we win today against Brazil (even than I don't believe in it).

Back