• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

wut pkmn movie is ur fav.?

Years
    • Seen Oct 21, 2009
    I like Mewtwo Strikes Back. The prologue is my favorite part.

MasterWGS

Impossible=Nothing, Mewtwo=OU
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Ohio
    • Seen Mar 17, 2011
    Let me put the Pokemon movies into a sort of tier listing for my opinion...

Best
    Pokemon the First Movie

Still Good, Though Could've Been Better
    Mewtwo Returns
    Lucario and the Mystery of Mew
    (and by a hair) Pokemon 2000

Ugh. Don't waste the time and money
    The rest of them.

I'll go deeper as the thread progresses.

The Real AAA

Guess who's back!
    Years
  • Let me put the Pokemon movies into a sort of tier listing for my opinion...

Best
    Pokemon the First Movie

Still Good, Though Could've Been Better
    Mewtwo Returns
    (and by a hair) Pokemon 2000

Ugh. Don't waste the time and money
    The rest of them.

I'll go deeper as the thread progresses.
    Woah cool list!
    and yea I agree Pokemon 2000 was barely good!

Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2010
    My favorite Pokemon movie is the first one. Back when Veronica Taylor was still doing Ash, when there were just 151 Pokemon(not counting the appearances of Donphan, Marill, and Snubbull). Plus, Phillip Glasser ruled as Mewtwo. Plus, we even got to see Giovanni. The dialouge was great, and I think Danny Elfman did the music.

In other words, this was my favorite movie, and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Years
    • Seen Oct 21, 2009
    My favorite Pokemon movie is the first one. Back when Veronica Taylor was still doing Ash, when there were just 151 Pokemon(not counting the appearances of Donphan, Marill, and Snubbull). Plus, Phillip Glasser ruled as Mewtwo. Plus, we even got to see Giovanni. The dialouge was great, and I think Danny Elfman did the music.

In other words, this was my favorite movie, and I wouldn't have it any other way.

I think the original is better. It's veen longer than your fav version and Mewtwo sounds more alien in the original. The music is better as well.

mew2_v1

The Unknown
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Sep 14, 2010
    I like the Pokemon First Movie and Lucario and the Mystery of Mew because it reminds me that Mewtwo and Lucario are rivals (Mewtwo does Shadowball and Lucario do that Hadouken-like)

Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2010
    I think the original is better. It's veen longer than your fav version and Mewtwo sounds more alien in the original. The music is better as well.

The original? That's what I'm talking about, Pokemon The First Movie.

Years
    • Seen Oct 21, 2009
    No, I meant the one with the original voice actors, like Rike Matsumoto, and the original music. It's longer than the 4kids version you have seen, and Satoshi doesn't sound like a 3-5 years old in this one.
    And it's called Mewtwo Strikes Back or Myuutsuu no Gyakushuu. The First Movie, I don't know about that version.

Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2010
    That's the movie I saw. Mewtwo Strikes Back. You know, with the clones, Giovanni, the Pokemon tears moment.

Years
    • Seen Oct 21, 2009
    Yes, that one. My fav part is the moment when Mewtwo meets Ai in that dream, or whatever it is. It's sad when she has to leave him. Poor Mewtwo.

The Mega Champion

Strategist
    Years
  • All of the Pokemon movies are good in there own way, IMO. So all of them are my favorites, but the ones I like the most are probably:

and
    Ranger and the Temple of the Sea

*shrugs*

Years
    • Seen Oct 21, 2009
    I like the beginning of Mew and the Hero of the Wave Lucario. They showed Pocket Monsters in the medievel fantasy way. O, how much I want to see a whole movie like that!

Back