• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Quick Q&A Thread v3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Apr 24, 2016
    So, I was wondering, how do I know if my local McDonald's is doing the Hoopa event? Also, since the event ends on the 23rd can I still receive the gift at the pokemon center after the 23rd or does it end then as well? Is the pokemon still receivable the WHOLE day of the 23rd, or does the event end on that day? Thank you all for your insight and information, it is greatly appreciated!!!!! :)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I'm not sure if there's any way to know if your local McDonald's is participating in this event or not, other than visiting the place and seeing it for yourself, unfortunately.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    If ONLY the super sized Pumpkaboo is holding the Miracle Seed, then will having a pokemon that has the Compound Eyes ability (which increases the chance of finding a wild pokemon holding an item) increase the chance of running into a supersized Pumpkaboo?

Also, sinc eyou can use in game double battles (like Restaurant Le Nah) to teach Smeargle moves from your partner, can you use this to duplicate items? So for example, I have two pokemon, one with no item. I use my main pokemon (Delibird, Smeargle, whoever) to bestow it's item to the second pokemon and then on the next turn have it use Recycle, will I effectively be duplicating my items once the battle is over? (and before anyone says it, yes you can in fact teach Smeargle moves using this technique at Restaurant Le Nah as I do it repeatedly)

Last edited:

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    If ONLY the super sized Pumpkaboo is holding the Miracle Seed, then will having a pokemon that has the Compound Eyes ability (which increases the chance of finding a wild pokemon holding an item) increase the chance of running into a supersized Pumpkaboo?
    No, it'll just increase the chances of a super-sized Pumpkaboo holding one if you run into one of that size.

Also, sinc eyou can use in game double battles (like Restaurant Le Nah) to teach Smeargle moves from your partner, can you use this to duplicate items? So for example, I have two pokemon, one with no item. I use my main pokemon (Delibird, Smeargle, whoever) to bestow it's item to the second pokemon and then on the next turn have it use Recycle, will I effectively be duplicating my items once the battle is over? (and before anyone says it, yes you can in fact teach Smeargle moves using this technique at Restaurant Le Nah as I do it repeatedly)
    Unfortunately you can't. Recycle only works if you consume the item, transferring it will cause Recycle to fail/not restore the item.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    I'm genuinely surprised that after 2 years I can't find a clear answer on this question, but how do I get Venusauraite in Pokemon y? I chose Charmander (and got the charizardite for that) and ended up getting Blastoisinite from my other game and met the guy in the stone emporium that is selling Blastoisinite for $100,000, but am I screwed now and cannot get Venusaurite at all, or what? As I said, I have looked through multiple message boards and literally no one seems to KNOW how to get it, just guessing or saying to use Power Saves. I don't want to trade for it if there's a way for me to get it in game, but the problem is I can't find anything to tell me conclusively whether or not it can be done. Even Serebii only says "Lumiose City" with no further details listed. Thanks for any help!

~RNC~

Mother Of All Pokemon!!
    Years
  • I'm genuinely surprised that after 2 years I can't find a clear answer on this question, but how do I get Venusauraite in Pokemon y? I chose Charmander (and got the charizardite for that) and ended up getting Blastoisinite from my other game and met the guy in the stone emporium that is selling Blastoisinite for $100,000, but am I screwed now and cannot get Venusaurite at all, or what? As I said, I have looked through multiple message boards and literally no one seems to KNOW how to get it, just guessing or saying to use Power Saves. I don't want to trade for it if there's a way for me to get it in game, but the problem is I can't find anything to tell me conclusively whether or not it can be done. Even Serebii only says "Lumiose City" with no further details listed. Thanks for any help!

If you didn't get Venusaurite from Professor Sycamore, you're able to buy it from a man for 300,000 in Lumiose City (his stock changes every day) after you finish the game.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    I'm genuinely surprised that after 2 years I can't find a clear answer on this question, but how do I get Venusauraite in Pokemon y? I chose Charmander (and got the charizardite for that) and ended up getting Blastoisinite from my other game and met the guy in the stone emporium that is selling Blastoisinite for $100,000, but am I screwed now and cannot get Venusaurite at all, or what? As I said, I have looked through multiple message boards and literally no one seems to KNOW how to get it, just guessing or saying to use Power Saves. I don't want to trade for it if there's a way for me to get it in game, but the problem is I can't find anything to tell me conclusively whether or not it can be done. Even Serebii only says "Lumiose City" with no further details listed. Thanks for any help!

I believe that guy will sell you the other starter Mega Stone after you buy the current Mega Stone he's offering you.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    I believe that guy will sell you the other starter Mega Stone after you buy the current Mega Stone he's offering you.

If you didn't get Venusaurite from Professor Sycamore, you're able to buy it from a man for 300,000 in Lumiose City (his stock changes every day) after you finish the game.

Oh good, okay, thanks! I'll buy that now and check again tomorrow (as long as I didn't lose my chance completely!)

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    is it possible to soft reset for a shiny zygarde?

Never mind, it's shiny locked. but hey, when i caught it, it had pokerus! thats the first time in 3 years.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 17, 2016
    Quick Question about Masuda Method

Hello. I was trying to use the masuda method with two pokemon of the same species, different gender, and different regions (one japanese one american). I was wondering if the masuda method will still work if I leave the same two pokemon in the daycare and let them keep making eggs until I eventually get a shiny egg (without taking either of them out of the daycare, so I leave both of them in and let them keep producing eggs), or if I can only use one egg per couple for the method to work (i take one or both pokemon out of the daycare after they produce one egg).

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Mar 2, 2017
    You would be hella lucky to get a shiny on your first egg doing this method!

You will need to keep reproducing eggs and hatching them, there is no estimate on numbers as the chances are much higher to breed shinies now with the Masuda method, Shiny Charm and Higher shiny chances in the newer games.

Good look on hatching, don't give up too easily (The shiny might just be a few hundred eggs away!)

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Hello. I was trying to use the masuda method with two pokemon of the same species, different gender, and different regions (one japanese one american). I was wondering if the masuda method will still work if I leave the same two pokemon in the daycare and let them keep making eggs until I eventually get a shiny egg (without taking either of them out of the daycare, so I leave both of them in and let them keep producing eggs), or if I can only use one egg per couple for the method to work (i take one or both pokemon out of the daycare after they produce one egg).
    The Masuda Method will still apply regardless of how long you keep the 2 in the Daycare or how many eggs they produce. So just leave 'em in there and keep breeding till a shiny hatches.

Abby

#freecoffee
    Years
  • What would be the best area to train for the Elite four?

Restaurant le WOW! Isn't cutting it anymore, and The battle chateau is a pain, as my current highest levels there are 25's

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    What would be the best area to train for the Elite four?

Restaurant le WOW! Isn't cutting it anymore, and The battle chateau is a pain, as my current highest levels there are 25's

Keep battling in the Chateau because since they're only in the 25s you're not at a very high title yet. They can go as high as the 50s (if your title is high enough) and as high as 75 if you start using Writs. But other than that, probably Victory Road seems like it would have the highest level wild pokemon so probably just train there. Also, use the Exp Share, Lucky Egg and Exp O power level 3 as much as you can.

Years
  • Remember that once you reach the Marquis/Marchioness rank (highest level opponents are 35) you will start encountering Furisode Girls that only use Audino, and then when you reach Duke/Duchess you'll find more of them with Level 45 Audino. Remember these trainers because Audino give out huge EXP.

Abby

#freecoffee
    Years
  • I know all the things about the chateau, it's just incessant grinding against things that are level 15 to get to the audino.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    Speaking of the Chateau, HOW exactly do you become Grand Duke/Duchess? Serebii is incredibly vague with their "Defeat all trainers in the chateau" https://www.serebii.net/xy/battlechateau.shtml because I have beaten all the active trainers in the chateau multiple times per day for multiple days so I kinda need a little more information than that. And I don't think I missed any rooms, there's the main reception hall, the two rooms inside that, the smaller hallway that loops around with the other room inside that, so isn't that all the places in the chateau?

EDIT: So upon further checking, it appears as though Gold, Silver AND Red Writs can all stack with each other: https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/696959-pokemon-x/67601830 so does that mean the Writ of Invitation would stack too? or does the Silver/Gold writ already do what Writ of Invitation does and it would then be redundant?

Last edited:
    Years
  • Speaking of the Chateau, HOW exactly do you become Grand Duke/Duchess? Serebii is incredibly vague with their "Defeat all trainers in the chateau" https://www.serebii.net/xy/battlechateau.shtml because I have beaten all the active trainers in the chateau multiple times per day for multiple days so I kinda need a little more information than that. And I don't think I missed any rooms, there's the main reception hall, the two rooms inside that, the smaller hallway that loops around with the other room inside that, so isn't that all the places in the chateau?

EDIT: So upon further checking, it appears as though Gold, Silver AND Red Writs can all stack with each other: https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/696959-pokemon-x/67601830 so does that mean the Writ of Invitation would stack too? or does the Silver/Gold writ already do what Writ of Invitation does and it would then be redundant?

To get the Grand Duke/Grand Duchess rank you need to beat all individual trainers (as in beat every individually named trainer at least once), and remember that your process is recorded so if you find yourself having to wait for certain trainers, you don't reset.

Also, the Gold Writ actually increases your prize money from the battles. It doesn't get trainers showing up more frequently.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    To get the Grand Duke/Grand Duchess rank you need to beat all individual trainers (as in beat every individually named trainer at least once), and remember that your process is recorded so if you find yourself having to wait for certain trainers, you don't reset.

Also, the Gold Writ actually increases your prize money from the battles. It doesn't get trainers showing up more frequently.

AH I was wondering about that! Since Yesterday I got a list of every trainer (thanks to Bulbapedia) and fought every last one of them, including all of the 7 first gym leaders. (yes, I am VERY sure I fought each and every last one. I am meticulous in my list making and didn't cross any of the off till the battle actually started and I saw their title and name as the battle was beginning) but still no title change. I didn't fight the 8th because I haven't fought him in the game yet. I'm not a Grand Duke yet, so do I need to fight that 8th gym leader as well, or do Gym leaders not count? And if so, do I need to fight the Elite 4 and the champion there as well before I become Grand Duke or is it just the Gym Leaders?

And are you sure about the gold Writ? Becuase Serebii Says ( https://www.serebii.net/xy/battlechateau.shtml ) that it increases the number of trainers that come to the chateau AND it increases prize money, as does the description of the Silver Writ. Even if it doesn't, All I know is that you buy both Gold AND Silver Writs and the Red Writ and there are literally trainers coming every minute or so. I was just wondeirng if the NORMAL Writ of Invitation also stacks or if it's just Silver, Gold and one of the coloured writs? I was running around because I saw my last trainer was announced as having just arrived so I ran past Ramos who had also just appeared it seemed, fought the one battle and by the time I came back to find Ramos, he had disappeared. Speaking of which:

I know all the things about the chateau, it's just incessant grinding against things that are level 15 to get to the audino.

I figured out a solution: DON'T fight anything that's not a Furisode girl, then you don't need to do the grinding with low level trainers. It's easier than it sounds, simply get the Silver Gold AND Red Writs running, then jsut keep running around. Honestly, you'll hardly be able to change screens without a new trainer being announced. Then, simpyl don't fight anything that isn't a Furisode girl or a gym leader. Can't find one of either, just make another round, it will literally be minutes before you run into one or the other, and even if not, it's still faster than the time it takes to go through a trainer battle.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back