• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Quick Q&A Thread v3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 39
  • Seen Oct 2, 2015
Technical complications with favorites and friends.

As we all know after you connect to the internet, you will be able to see GTS, Trading, and all that other good stuff in the yellow page below the Pokemon x or y game your playing. And then there is the Favorites List which is also in that same function. See I want to move people I have in my favorites list and register them as my friends. I know how to register friends, but the info I need to register them(especially the friend code), does not show in the people who are in my Favorite's List, I have tried several things to find a solution. Call a game shop-no help, ask a friend-no help, view yahoo videos for technical solutions- no help. Any help would be gladly appreciated. Thanks and respond back to this message when you have a solution. Thank You.

Sincerely, Chad

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 14, 2015
New to pokemon y, need help

Hello, i was looking for a few a answer about the new gens before i buy a 3ds and pokemon y since i havent played pokemon since emerald ( though i played the old gens thousands of times lol) and didnt know anything about EV, breeding, and natures. I simply built a team i thought looked cool an played till the elite 4 lol. ive had a huge craving to get back into it and this time around want to go more in depth with building teams and playing competitively since im older now and can understand much more. I was wondering if anyone could tell me how online battles work on the 3ds ( are battles matched for me or do i need to find friends to battle), is there alot to do after you beat the main story, and how or where can i find other players to trade with? I would really appreciate help, im kinda lost. Pokemon y will be the first pokemon game ive played thats not for GBC or GBA 😕

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
Years
You can find online battles by going to Battle Spot. Just connect to PSS and click Battle Spot from the PSS menu. You can choose Free Battles or Rating Battles (in Rating Battles, you gain and lose points if you win or lose, respectively). Then you'll get randomly matched up with other people on Battle Spot.

After you beat the main story, you can challenge the Battle Maison, which has a style similar to competitive battles (levels are normalized, strategy and team building is required, etc.) It's a good way to practice, and you'll also win items and TMs that are useful in competitives.

Good luck :)

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 14, 2015
Thanks for the reply i been trying to research it but hadnt had any luck. So it supports matchmaking for online battles then, thats the primary reason i wanted to get back in lol do alot of people still play or is it hard to find a match or players to trade with? And pss is an app on the 3ds or part of the game? I dont have one yet as i said before, im still researching before i get all the gear lol thanks so much for the help again, im starting to get a better understanding lol

Lexatom

Blockbuster Advocate
Years
The PSS is the bottom of your screen most of the time, and it's in the game. And, no, it's almost never hard to find someone to play with. Pokemon X and Y are two of the best-selling games in the series, and people from all over the world play it. So, you will almost always find someone to play with. :)

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 14, 2015
Awesome thanks so much man. I was contenplating going with oras but i wasnt a fan of the original and x/y looked better and had cooler pokemon. Im glad its still played alot since i got in so late lol im excited to play again, gonna be hard to find a team with all these new pokemon ive never seen -.- haha

Lexatom

Blockbuster Advocate
Years
Awesome thanks so much man. I was contenplating going with oras but i wasnt a fan of the original and x/y looked better and had cooler pokemon. Im glad its still played alot since i got in so late lol im excited to play again, gonna be hard to find a team with all these new pokemon ive never seen -.- haha
Oh, I forgot to mention. I don't know if you already know this or not, but a new type was introduced in X/Y called the Fairy type. I suggest you Google a new type matchup table of some sort to understand them better.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 14, 2015
I heard alittle bit about them, but havent put Too much thought into it lol ill have to find a chart just so i know the weakness/strengths. I didnt see any pokemon of that type i liked though so i probably wont be using too much. Im excited about the dragon type, theres so many more then there were in past gens

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Oct 15, 2015
A couple of questions from a newbie

Hiii - Well, I used to play pokemon back in the day, looking to get back into it, so have a few questions regarding some of the changes that have been made.

Punching bags - How do I get more - specifically, the reset bag - I've been punching the Default black bag for about 20 minutes and nothing has dropped, this doesn't seem right. Do I need to meet certain criteria, or be at a certain point in the game??

Also, EVS, not entirely sure how they work - Say I have a level 40 mon with Maxed EVs trained in the stats I wanted - Can I now fight any mon I want regardless of the EVs they would usually give, up until say, level 100, without this negatively effecting my mons stats?

Thanks for time

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
Punching bags - How do I get more - specifically, the reset bag - I've been punching the Default black bag for about 20 minutes and nothing has dropped, this doesn't seem right. Do I need to meet certain criteria, or be at a certain point in the game??
I'm pretty sure it's just random on getting the reset bag.

Also, EVS, not entirely sure how they work - Say I have a level 40 mon with Maxed EVs trained in the stats I wanted - Can I now fight any mon I want regardless of the EVs they would usually give, up until say, level 100, without this negatively effecting my mons stats?
Yeah, once you've maxed out your EVs you can just fight whatever you want, your EVs won't get replaced or anything.

magicalgirlj

I liek Popplio
Years
I am sorry if this is in the wrong section. in Snowbelle City you can have a lady play a jazzy remixed song of a town from Diamond and Pearl. What is the name of that city, and what is the name of that song?

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
I am sorry if this is in the wrong section. in Snowbelle City you can have a lady play a jazzy remixed song of a town from Diamond and Pearl. What is the name of that city, and what is the name of that song?
I'm almost certain it's the music for Jubilife City.

magicalgirlj

I liek Popplio
Years
I have a question about the GTS, If you deposit a Pokemon with Pokerus and it has not been traded for a day or more. Will the Pokerus go away?

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Oct 25, 2015
Pokebank error 006 0112 HELP

Guys i just bought pokebank yesterday and it was fine. But today when i want to open it again today, everytime i tried save and quit it gave me error code 006 0112. When I google it everyone said that the i should change my DNS to googles, but it still not working and i still cant save and quit from my pokebank.

I want to ask, is this problem come from bank's server or my connection? Any solution guys? I cant find the answer from google cause its all old threads from 1-2 years ago :(

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Guys i just bought pokebank yesterday and it was fine. But today when i want to open it again today, everytime i tried save and quit it gave me error code 006 0112. When I google it everyone said that the i should change my DNS to googles, but it still not working and i still cant save and quit from my pokebank.

I want to ask, is this problem come from bank's server or my connection? Any solution guys? I cant find the answer from google cause its all old threads from 1-2 years ago :(

Alongside changing DNS, I would also try reinstalling the app. If this problem still persists, I'd recommend you to call Nintendo at 1-800-255-3700 and see what kind of suggestions they're able to provide.

DragonThale

DorkusDragon
Years
I have a question! ^^

Do you get something when you complete the pokedex?

Ive never completed it I usually give up but now im determinated to complete the pokedex in
Pokèmon Y.

Oblox

Pokemon Breeder
Years
  • Age 42
  • UK
  • Seen Jul 9, 2021
YOu get the shiny charm which gives you an increased chance for shiny pokemon (This is the national pokedex).

There is a simple questions and answers thread for things like this for future reference.

~RNC~

Mother Of All Pokemon!!
Years
Ok I want to buy a Jap. X game but my 3DS is US, I know this is most likely just a simple answer, but google says things about PAL and region locks and such, but will the Japanese game work on my 3DS?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back