• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Third Version Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
Years
  • Something just occurred to me...

If they plan on doing a worldwide announcement and a worldwide release, I don't know if they would announce it during the Japan premier of XY&Z. I think that's one of the reasons why CoroCoro doesn't typically announce the main series games in the first place, because that magazine is only available in Japan IIRC. If they plan on doing another worldwide announcement like they've been doing the past couple times, it would have to be through an outlet which reaches out to everybody(official Pokemon website, business meeting with The Pokemon Company, ect) And I don't think Internet leaks of CoroCoro counts either.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • Something just occurred to me...

If they plan on doing a worldwide announcement and a worldwide release, I don't know if they would announce it during the Japan premier of XY&Z. I think that's one of the reasons why CoroCoro doesn't typically announce the main series games in the first place, because that magazine is only available in Japan IIRC. If they plan on doing another worldwide announcement like they've been doing the past couple times, it would have to be through an outlet which reaches out to everybody(official Pokemon website, business meeting with The Pokemon Company, ect) And I don't think Internet leaks of CoroCoro counts either.
    Wasn't ORAS announced in a business meeting in Japan (or was it NA?) though? I remember Iwata saying something about them. We might get a Nintendo Direct later.

Years
  • When do they do the Directs? I had previously thought they would hold off on those for a little bit due to Iwata's passing, but I wasn't sure how long that was going to be.
    Directs tend to be random, hence why I say that we shouldn't discount this month yet until the 30th (as there have been Directs that have been announced the day before they're shown). I think Nintendo is still trying to piece them together after Iwata's death. It has been 4 months since E3 though and 3 since Iwata's untimely death so perhaps Nintendo finally has something waiting in the wings now that they've picked a new CEO.

Knyte

Protector of Pokemon Realms
    Years
  • So Team Flare retreated to this new region huh? It's a bit confusing though, as Zygarde's suppose to protect the Kalos region only. :P
    Actually we know very little about Zygarde. Maybe, they didn't give him a story because they wanted to develop something for it that wasn't probably ready for Poke XY release even OrAs.
    I would really like this too. The Delta Episode in ORAS seemed like it was trying to allude to possible connections between the two regions, with Zinnia knowing an awful lot about Kalos lore(and as far as we know, she's a Hoenn native) and AZ planting that huge tree in Sootopolis. Some people dismiss the latter as a run-of-the-mill reference to AZ, and it might be... but here's the strange part about it though: Wallace and that old guy talked about that tree during a story-driven cutscene. Usually when a passive reference to other games have been made, it's usually done by talking to a random NPC with no relevance to the story. But this time, it happened during a cutscene that was part of the Delta Episode storyline. I may be looking to much into this, but it's just a thought.

About Zinnia's knowledge about Kalos... I got to thinking, Mr. Stone is another Hoenn native that knows about Kalos lore in terms of the war. Both characters obviously have knowledge of it for different purposes(Zinnia I'm not sure, Mr. Stone for developing Infinity Energy), but then I got to thinking about something. What if the Kalos War had a worldwide impact on the other regions in some form or another? Zinnia's knowledge about it all is what sticks out to me the most, besides the Sootopolis tree.
    I dont know how to quote two. haha But yeah, the people of Hoenn that hint on Kalos show there is a connection between both regions. (I haven't played any gen 6 game btw; I just have quite the knowledge since I am protector of the Pokemon Realms I gotta know some stuff to do my job haha)

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Actually we know very little about Zygarde. Maybe, they didn't give him a story because they wanted to develop something for it that wasn't probably ready for Poke XY release even OrAs.

I dont know how to quote two. haha But yeah, the people of Hoenn that hint on Kalos show there is a connection between both regions. (I haven't played any gen 6 game btw; I just have quite the knowledge since I am protector of the Pokemon Realms I gotta know some stuff to do my job haha)

Use the multiquote function, the button is next to the quote button. After multiquoting posts, simply hit the post reply button.
    Here are the dex entries of Zygarde for all Gen VI games:
    When the Kalos region's ecosystem falls into disarray, it appears and reveals its secret power.
    It's hypothesized that it's monitoring those who destroy the ecosystem from deep in the cave where it lives

Might change your idea, unless you meant to say that the protagonist is gonna appear in the Kalos region as an Eleventh Hour Ranger. XD

shadowmoon522

Master of Darkness & Light
    Years
    • Age 33
    • PA
    • Seen yesterday
    i already hate how they made gible & togekiss 11th hour rangers. first time ash gets a potential pseudo-legendary/dragon type and then they end the season, new season starts with various errors:
    ash is still ten despite turning 11 while traveling with brock & misty.
    brock & misty still get showed in flash backs later on to further complicate things & make the narrator sound like a dumb-ass all because of a bad decision on the part of the storywriters.
    pikachu go's from being at the level of legends, to getting his ass kicked by an untrained snivy for no other reason then to establish trip ash's rival. that's all zekrom's purpose was. weaken pikachu so trip can trip it up & lure iris to ash.
    gible's been left at oak's lab for less of a reason then krabby was.

now that i think about it, what ever happened to team rocket's back uniforms, jet packs & dr.zager? maybe zager has something to do with why core zygarde was in a lab looking place. maybe the next movie will explain how the second mewtwo got created, how it can mega evolve without a mega stone(unless the stone is embedded somewhere within "her"), where the first mewtwo went & who created the 5 genesect.
    maybe Giovanni & Lysandre are in cahoots
    maybe in 7th gen we'll get a vilinous team leader who isn't in a fancy suit or robe..
    X/Y Third Version Speculation Thread

they make the villians way to predictable. es cade/evice was the least predictable of the bunch, but only because nascour was being used as a proxy leader and looks like an albino male gorgon minus the reptilian bits...

Knyte

Years
  • Use the multiquote function, the button is next to the quote button. After multiquoting posts, simply hit the post reply button.
    Here are the dex entries of Zygarde for all Gen VI games:

Might change your idea, unless you meant to say that the protagonist is gonna appear in the Kalos region as an Eleventh Hour Ranger. XD

hahahahaha no but I still think they could tie it in with OrAs sequel. Like in Sea Mauville where Infinity Energy was mentioned. Imagine in Kalos the need to be visiting a certain Hoenn landmark (can be a new town or secret town discovered) at an earlier point in the game for 'investigation', certain events blocking the places that one shouldn't be able to visit yet (also allowing the player to catch certain Hoenn Poke earlier). Post game it's a visit to Hoenn with Hoopa story. And in OrAs sequel, discovering the secrets of Mega Evolution and understanding Primal Reversion in "newly discovered places" in Kalos. Post game same as XY Sequel, with Hoopa storyline in Kalos. I'm sorry if I'm pushing the idea too far, but I think it's a way to increase both sales for Pokemon Company, and a new way to release the games and finish the deal with both regions. haha my writer mind is currently productive ok? :))))) :)

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    hahahahaha no but I still think they could tie it in with OrAs sequel. Like in Sea Mauville where Infinity Energy was mentioned. Imagine in Kalos the need to be visiting a certain Hoenn landmark (can be a new town or secret town discovered) at an earlier point in the game for 'investigation', certain events blocking the places that one shouldn't be able to visit yet (also allowing the player to catch certain Hoenn Poke earlier). Post game it's a visit to Hoenn with Hoopa story. And in OrAs sequel, discovering the secrets of Mega Evolution and understanding Primal Reversion in "newly discovered places" in Kalos. Post game same as XY Sequel, with Hoopa storyline in Kalos. I'm sorry if I'm pushing the idea too far, but I think it's a way to increase both sales for Pokemon Company, and a new way to release the games and finish the deal with both regions. haha my writer mind is currently productive ok? :))))) :)
    I'm fine with 'Z' wrapping the Kalos and Hoenn saga. In fact Masuda already said that in an interview long ago. Lol
    But tying a whole new region with a whole new one might complicates matter more so than what we got.

Knyte

Years
  • I'm fine with 'Z' wrapping the Kalos and Hoenn saga. In fact Masuda already said that in an interview long ago. Lol
    But tying a whole new region with a whole new one might complicates matter more so than what we got.

Yeah, I figured it'd complicate the game and how they're going to do it, I can't imagine for now. :P I guess it's just a dream I want to see happen. xD

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Yeah, I figured it'd complicate the game and how they're going to do it, I can't imagine for now. :P I guess it's just a dream I want to see happen. xD

Actually there were voices expressing for a new region for Gen VI, they were also hoping GF to introduce 70 more new Pokemon. I liked this idea too, but not now since they dragged Hoenn in Kalos sh-pile of mess!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Actually there were voices expressing for a new region for Gen VI, they were also hoping GF to introduce 7 more new Pokemon. I liked this idea too, but not now since they dragged Hoenn in Kalos sh-pile of mess!

It'd be nice if they were to introduce something along the lines of seven; there are plenty of them already as we speak, so I feel it'd be nice to see them slow down a little on giving us new Pokémon and whatnot.

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
  • Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
  • Iirc, that's the Sunday variety show... Which means... >:)

Not to mention the timing. CoroCoro is released around that same time also, although I'm wondering if CoroCoro will be released a few days later or earlier since the 15th falls on a Sunday.

If they really do plan on releasing the game or games within the 1st half of 2016, it's now or never for an announcement. I would normally take this with a grain of salt, but the timing is way too Perfect Forme Zygarde(yeah that was a horrible pun).

Years
  • As that old saying goes on Game of Thrones... Brace Yourselves:

https://mynintendonews.com/2015/10/19/junichi-masuda-will-appear-on-pokemon-no-uchi/

So let's say the game is released worldwide in February, in time for the 20th anniversary... this gives CoroCoro only a 2 month window for coverage. Which is awesome, the less we know beforehand the better the gaming experience.

Actually it'll be three months of potential coverage by corocoro (97 days worth of potential coverage in venues other than corocoro that could could pop up any of those in between days) as there will be an issue in December, January, and February (the February issue will come out before the game as it officially releases around the 15th of each month. The same thing happened with ORAS as there was a corocoro in November). February 20th is also ORAS's 15th month anniversary (and Japanese RS' 13th and 3 months anniversary, and JP GS' 16th and 3 months anniversary (irc)).

I actually think that GF is making the release window smaller on purpose to avoid spoiling too much of the game and making it more like RG. We might not even learn if it's a true third version until we play it :P.

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2018
    Actually it'll be three months of potential coverage by corocoro (97 days worth of potential coverage in venues other than corocoro that could could pop up any of those in between days) as there will be an issue in December, January, and February (the February issue will come out before the game as it officially releases around the 15th of each month. The same thing happened with ORAS as there was a corocoro in November). February 20th is also ORAS's 15th month anniversary (and Japanese RS' 13th and 3 months anniversary, and JP GS' 16th and 3 months anniversary (irc)).

I actually think that GF is making the release window smaller on purpose to avoid spoiling too much of the game and making it more like RG. We might not even learn if it's a true third version until we play it :P.

Hopefully no guy receiving the game really early like X/Y breaking the Street Date.

Years
  • I was looking at Masuda san's twitter and noticed that he retweeted a french article on his appearance in Pokenchi. I read it (I studied french in High School plus know fellow romance language spanish (lots of cognates in the article)). The article interestingly speculates it's likely related to a new main entry to the series (either Gen 7 or Z). Now that Masuda retweeted it makes it interesting...it's like he's teasing us by linking to a speculation heavy article.

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
  • I was looking at Masuda san's twitter and noticed that he retweeted a french article on his appearance in Pokenchi. I read it (I studied french in High School plus know fellow romance language spanish (lots of cognates in the article)). The article interestingly speculates it's likely related to a new main entry to the series (either Gen 7 or Z). Now that Masuda retweeted it makes it interesting...it's like he's teasing us by linking to a speculation heavy article.

That is really interesting, nice find :) Do you have a link to the tweet? I can't seem to find it, I don't know if I'm looking in the right place or not. :/

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back