• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Third Version Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2016
    Well, that means either no third version or the third version's gonna take place on a non-France region or the climax could happen on somewhere far from Lumiose; all Team Flare mentions and that red cafe will be removed from Lumiose to avoid controversy.

EDIT: Kinda ike Petalburg City. Petalburg isn't tied with either Team Magma or Team Aqua in any way.

Years
    • Seen Jan 29, 2016
    Well, that means either no third version or the third version's gonna take place on a non-France region or the climax could happen on somewhere far from Lumiose; all Team Flare mentions and that red cafe will be removed from Lumiose to avoid controversy.

EDIT: Kinda ike Petalburg City. Petalburg isn't tied with either Team Magma or Team Aqua in any way.

Plot Twist We head to Kanto with an all new story. (I would be fine with it myself)

I think this is the first time that we have had no real clue about the new game. We all thought Gray would happen but we got BW2 instead. Though this time due to BW2 we have no idea what to expect. TBH I kinda like that feeling myself. While I am all for the trilogy who is to say the final game would be in Kalos. Or at least the Kalos we know. I seem to remember someone in XY saying something like Kalos has a south side? I am guessing news will drop soon they question is how soon. I am expecting in Feb during a Direct myself. I also hope they don't give out all the info over the months leading to the game. I felt they did that with XY and ORAS the game had no surprises.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • Well, that means either no third version or the third version's gonna take place on a non-France region or the climax could happen on somewhere far from Lumiose; all Team Flare mentions and that red cafe will be removed from Lumiose to avoid controversy.

Nor is Mauville. The only cities tied to them were Rustboro (stealing the parts) and Lilicove.

I think they'll leave the Cafe... but perhaps they have some tributes to those who died in Paris in the game...like flowers where the girls who were impersonating Heatran (it's more clear in the Japanese versions) are in XY.

Would also be nice to have a tribute to Iwata who helped bring Pokémon abroad.

Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2016
    Plot Twist We head to Kanto with an all new story. (I would be fine with it myself)

I think this is the first time that we have had no real clue about the new game. We all thought Gray would happen but we got BW2 instead. Though this time due to BW2 we have no idea what to expect. TBH I kinda like that feeling myself. While I am all for the trilogy who is to say the final game would be in Kalos. Or at least the Kalos we know. I seem to remember someone in XY saying something like Kalos has a south side? I am guessing news will drop soon they question is how soon. I am expecting in Feb during a Direct myself. I also hope they don't give out all the info over the months leading to the game. I felt they did that with XY and ORAS the game had no surprises.
    Yes the surprises, they revealed all the available Mega Evolution forms. They might think that's gonna create more hype, particularly for the fans of those Pokemon that received alternate forms. :/

Years
    • Seen Jan 29, 2016
    Yes the surprises, they revealed all the available Mega Evolution forms. They might think that's gonna create more hype, particularly for the fans of those Pokemon that received alternate forms. :/

Maybe but for me I would like it if they kept most things hidden like gyms, champions some Pokémon and only gave us info on gameplay changes and new features

Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2016
    Maybe but for me I would like it if they kept most things hidden like gyms, champions some Pokémon and only gave us info on gameplay changes and new features
    Revealing Gyms and stuff have been there for a decade, happened in Gen IV, happened in Gen V as well. Lol

Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Jan 29, 2016
    Revealing Gyms and stuff have been there for a decade, happened in Gen IV, happened in Gen V as well. Lol

Spoiler:

Difference than is at least Gen 4 social media was not all in your face so you had to go looking for the info

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
  • I was looking through the list of Megas and holy crap... most of them are from Gen 3. I hope we get some Gen 4, 5, and 6 Megas in the next game. Calling it now, Mega Stunfisk and Mega Porygon-Z as the "world-changing" news next month. Lysandre better watch it, my Mega Stunfisk will kick his fanny to Chinatown.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • As I said, if by a chance we get new pokemon in Z, what else would everyone like to see? Remember this is very unlikely, but it is still possible. Anything is possible at this point.

Spoiler:

There are also a good amount of Megas I would love to see, but too many to name.

Last edited:

Years
  • The Kalos legends are also based on Hindu (The Mortality trio's powers represent those of the Hindu Trinity, and Hoopa unbound might be based on Shiva just like Yvetal (Shiva is the destructive one of the Hindu Trinity), Machamp, and Medicham), Arabic (Hoopa is a Djin, a demon/angel like being), and medieval Europe (Complete Zygarde being a Knight and Diancie a European style princess/Queen).

I would love the Squirrel. They can make it Steel/Electric to counter Yvetal and Xerneas, but will be at the mercy or Zygarde. It can have a W name and be the mascot of Pokémon W.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    As I said, if by a chance we get new pokemon in Z, what else would everyone like to see? Remember this is very unlikely, but it is still possible. Anything is possible at this point.

The only "new" Pokémon I see that will be added in the third game's Pokédex are new Megas and Zygarde's alternate forms. And probably some other form changes to probably Volcanion.

But I can see them adding new Pokémon if they expand Kalos to include maybe a "new" region south of Kalos. They'll probably just call it "Southern Kalos" and call the XY Kalos as "Northern Kalos." In the "Southern Kalos," there will be a few new PKMN living there that "prefer living in the south" than in the north.

...Huh, I kinda like that idea.

Last edited:

Years
  • The only "new" Pokémon I see that will be added in the third game's Pokédex are new Megas and Zygarde's alternate forms. And probably some other form changes to probably Volcanion.

But I can see them adding new Pokémon if they expand Kalos to include maybe a "new" region south of Kalos. They'll probably just call it "Southern Kalos" and call the XY Kalos as "Northern Kalos." In the "Southern Kalos," there will be a few new PKMN living there that "prefer living in the south" than in the north.

...Huh, I kinda like that idea.
    Or perhaps AZ pushed them to extinction when making his weapon. Interestingly in OrAs it's mentioned that mons that used to live there vanished (only to return after defeating the Primal), it could be similar in Kalos. I think even if they expanded it it'll be like Unova, all part of the same region.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    I think even if they expanded it it'll be like Unova, all part of the same region.

Yeah, that's what I was trying to say, but I probably didn't word it correctly. The current Kalos region will be called the Northern Kalos and the new region will be called Southern Kalos, but these two regions are just one region called Kalos. Kinda like in FireRed/LeafGreen, where the Sevii Islands were still part of Kanto yet they had their own region map in the Town Map. :3

shadowmoon522

Master of Darkness & Light
    Years
    • Age 33
    • PA
    • Seen yesterday
    There's Tauros, the legendary birds, and Mew. :3
    the legendary birds & mew can be exempted from that for being legends, though it is kinda odd that mewtwo has 2 different mega evolutions while mew doesn't
    also articuno moltres and zapdos do have this:
    X/Y Third Version Speculation Thread

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back