• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

YGO: Individual Card Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Agent9

You could care less....
    Years
    Oh.

HI! *waves*

Raigeki is banned so

Banned/5 Advanced
    5/5 Traditional

Heavy is the greatest mass amount of removal we have.

4.5./5 Advanced
    same for trad

Freed, great in warrior toolbox. The so called warrior searcher.

5.5/ Warrior Toolbox

2.5/5 other decks.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    Raigeki:

(a rating that's only lower than pot of greed, graceful charity, harpie feather duster and monster reborn, but higher than all the other magic cards or a 5) / 5

Heavy Storm:

4.99/5
    it loses 0.001 because it keeps making people believe that you may not need it in some decks, though actually even a burn or ALO deck need it...

Freed:

It's really, not that good. Let Reinforcement of the Army do its job and put this tribute monster away. It was a lot better in the past though... It's just because it's a tribute that it sucks, and the 100 lower attack power from the standard "2400 tribute crew" makes it even worst... can't even suicide with them in raw power.

1.5/5

Mullet

Banned
    Years
    Frostweaver said:
    Freed:

It's really, not that good. Let Reinforcement of the Army do its job and put this tribute monster away. It was a lot better in the past though... It's just because it's a tribute that it sucks, and the 100 lower attack power from the standard "2400 tribute crew" makes it even worst... can't even suicide with them in raw power.

1.5/5

At least give it a bit more credit. It has great deck thinning abilities. It ties with Mystic Lv. 5. Also it dodges Controller, and Snatch. I'd give a 3/5 maybe.

Last edited:

MegaDitto

Windsor ™
    Years
    • Seen Jun 27, 2013
    I hadn't done a review in this account for a long time.

Raigeki has been known as the the ULTIMATE beatdown card. If's effect is simiply amazing. Though it could be stopped, you need to know when to use it. Raikegi is a staple and one that is never unplayed.

Traditional Format: 5/5
    Avdanced Format: If it was unabnned.Chaos would break lose/5

Heavy Storm was a good tech card when Mystical Space Typhoon was unrestricted in 3's. It has been always been used almost everywhere. When it was in 2's it was used. The same for now. Even though it's restricted to 1. >>; It is the opposite of Dark Hole. But one of the best field control cards of this format. It best to use it when your opponent has more than you. You can win the game with this card.

Traditional: 4.7/5
    Avdanced: 5/5

Freed the Matchless General. One of the best tributes in the game. And should be noticed more. Being negating targets cards is good. Though it can't negate cards that don't target like Smashing Ground and Creature Swap. It does negate stp cards like Snatch Steal, Enemy Controller and Premature Burial if you revive it. It stays on the field. Skipping your draw phase is a rish but getting a warrior monster can really win you the game and can be used in a time of need. Freed is a great game ender. Drawing your card and actoivating it's effect and atacking to him makes him wonderful. Decicated warriors deck can always make use of this card.

Traditional:3.5/5

Avdanced:3.7/5

Mullet

Banned
    Years
    Kyouraku said:
    Freed the Matchless General. One of the best tributes in the game. And should be noticed more. Being negating targets cards is good. Though it can't negate cards that don't target like Smashing Ground and Creature Swap. It does negate stp cards like Snatch Steal, Enemy Controller and Premature Burial if you revive it. It stays on the field. Skipping your draw phase is a rish but getting a warrior monster can really win you the game and can be used in a time of need. Freed is a great game ender. Drawing your card and actoivating it's effect and atacking to him makes him wonderful. Decicated warriors deck can always make use of this card.

Traditional:3.5/5

Avdanced:3.7/5

I was about to change that Creature Swap thing. Smashing doesn't target does it, forgot about that...

It doesn't deserve the high ratings you gave it.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    It doesn't deck thin because it just specifies what card you are going to draw in the draw phase... for deck thinning purposes, it doesn't do anything.

Negate targetting spell is good, but it's definitely not the only way to destroy monsters there isn't it... again it's like Silent Swordsman lvl 5's effect but even a bit weaker. It only works if it's specifically targetting Freed. It can't dodge Smashing since it doesn't target, but searches for a target as part of the effect, which is the major downfall for this type of magic immunity...

Mullet

Banned
    Years
    Frostweaver said:
    It doesn't deck thin because it just specifies what card you are going to draw in the draw phase... for deck thinning purposes, it doesn't do anything.

Negate targetting spell is good, but it's definitely not the only way to destroy monsters there isn't it... again it's like Silent Swordsman lvl 5's effect but even a bit weaker. It only works if it's specifically targetting Freed. It can't dodge Smashing since it doesn't target, but searches for a target as part of the effect, which is the major downfall for this type of magic immunity...

True it doesn't really thin, but it can be helpful to hav e a continous Reinforcement-like effect.

I said I had forgoten that Smashing doesn't target. Still can be stolen by Snatch, and beats Cyber Dragon.

MegaDitto

Windsor ™
    Years
    • Seen Jun 27, 2013
    It depends on the build. Freed may make it into a top 8 deck later on.

MegaDitto

Windsor ™
    Years
    • Seen Jun 27, 2013
    Mullet said:
    Maybe. He has uses but they are limited.
    True. New Card(s). Even though you said you said you used to do the card of the week Ron. I'm sure this is a card you would agree on.

MegaDitto

Windsor ™
    Years
    • Seen Jun 27, 2013
    Agent9 said:
    Don is searchable by Sangan and has a rather nice effect.
    Strik has seen alot of play though I don't know why...
    Because of it's effect or combos. Srtrike Ninja could evade almost "anything". Monster attacks, spell effects,etc. It could stay on the field longer than most monsters and make your opponent waste their resourced. It is really a remarkable monster if you look at it more clearly. The dark atribute has many options so it uses are never limited. It has combos with D.D Scout Plane and Return from a Different Dimension(I perfer Dimension Fusion though) which can make it a OTK(One Turn Kill) card. It is one of the best swarm monsters in the game. Searachable also, thus it cookie cutter status.

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    Frostweaver said:
    In reality, a coin flip is never preferred just because it's not skill based, and Blowback Dragon can't target the back row.

YES IT CAN!!! That's BARREL Dragon who can't hit the back row, but BLOWBACK CAN!!

..Ahem, sorry, but I've been gone and that just had to be said, especially since my main monster happens to be Blowback...

Backing up:

Raigeki: Nothing needs to be said. 5/5

Heavy Storm: Ditto. 4.8/5

Freed: With the new format's constant topdecking and new POT OF AVARICE, this card is better than you think (Hmm, I could either topdeck something worthless, or search my deck for a Blade Knight/GAF/Exiled/Mystic/DDWL to get the win...what'll I choose??), but its true power isn't revealed until it's used in a Warrior deck...4.0/5

Strike Ninja: Not as good as it used to be, with less drawing power, the only drawing card usable out there needing monsters in the grave, and more beatsticks with Dark World...3.8/5

Don Zaloog: BTH-proof, Tomato-searchable, resource-depletion with little out to restore it, and a Warrior for RotA...8/5

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    Pot of Avarice shouldn't be considered a drawing card at all because it absolutely sucks at drawing. The fact that it upsets monster-spell ratio is completely terrible for Pot of Avarice to be considered a drawing card. It's only usable in decks that can special summon from the deck rapidly, such as Hydrogedon and mass-searchers.

With that understanding, Strike Ninja doesn't demote drawing power at all, just like most other cards. Let's just say that seeing a Strike Ninja will give the same signal as seeing a Bazoo: save up spell destruction cards for mid to late game, because that darn RFtDD is coming to haunt you. Now there are those Strike Ninjas used as tech without a RFtDD or D. D. Scout Plane, and I don't really like that very much. Strike Ninja used in this fashion can at most dodge a deadly spell once, but it can't do much to solve the problem in the long run, only to be used as a long-living potential Tribute fodder.

Is there anything bad about Don Zaloog...? I highly doubt it...

About Freed... he *isn't* that good at all even with its searches unless you must play a pure warrior deck (and even then there's Silent Swordsman lv5's complete spell immunity from your opponent) It doesn't stay that long on the field to generate the chance of meeting up a situation where you got no monsters in your hand and you need a monster. If you're topdecking, then it's likely that a Spirit Reaper/Don Zaloog already got a direct hit on you. Oh, "direct hit" did I say? That means Freed have definitely perished already before the chance of topdecking even comes in. Pot of Avarice doesn't boost Freed at all, but in fact amplies the problem generated by Pot of Avarice. Pot of Avarice creates a problem where you can't get spells/traps, and Freed isn't helping by changing a potential draw for a spell/trap into even more monsters. This leaves Freed to be only useful when you choose to topdeck yourself by using a lot of cards in a very short period of time, and that sounds rather too situational to worth a tribute slot if you ask me.

MegaDitto

Windsor ™
    Years
    • Seen Jun 27, 2013
    Welcome back Ichapokemr Ichapokemr. Strike Ninja is still a good card to use. Sure there may not be much drawing power but that effect all decks to be honest. Strike Ninja can still be played with all of the thinning cards in the meta like Gravekeepers Spy and the many selections of Tomto Control. Strike Ninja decks will always have the options of what to use, and dark monsters can thin them selves out.

Pot of Avarice is a drawing card and will always will be. It does not always ruin the deck ratio. It depends on the time of the game and what you have in the deck. Either way, it is a drawing card.

I think you are very mistaken about Strike Ninja there. It is a great card by it's self. It was used alone before the D.D Scout Plane combo. It can eveade more that what you think. It is also not meant to be used as a tribute flodder. It can survive long in the game. It's not really noticed until people face a lot of Strike Ninja deck. Espacilly in the late game when your graveyard is full. True it is used best with combos but it already good enough as it is. It can work well with out it. It is very well used anginst most deck types in the current meta now. Inculding chaos decks(yes, there are still some left in the game) when there is mass removal, you can even make Chaos Sorcerer remove it self. Sadly, it's underrated alone. ;-__-

About Don Zaloog. Every card had it's drawbacks. Including those cards everyone think is too broken to have draw backs. Don Zaloog is not always well anginst Dark World monsters for example, or other decks that can get cards in the graveyard. Pot of Avarice per say. It does not do well outside ofthe average cookie cutter deck. It's second effect is really underlooked. While most people say that it deck thins to a better card. Half the time it can thin out something good. -__- It is useful anginst decks that require certain cards, because taking from the deck would make a difference and 2 is better than 1 at most times when it comes to Don Zaloog.

Hand Avdtange is taken too much some times in 1 card. What ever happened to Drao Off? <_<

Freed isa fantastic card, espacilly in *this* meta. People who don't use it don't really don't what it can use most of the time in the meta, but it is a great card and deserves more than it's given.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    Technically every card *should* be vitally important in most decks. Some decks rely on a specific card more than others (Exchange of the Spirit, Dragon Mirror and etc) but at the same time, they don't really care what you thin out unless it is that one specific card, so in the end Don Zaloog's 2nd effect has an equal chance of helping the enemy in comparison to discarding vital cards.

Dark World can't be a very high tier deck, just like how Phoenix can't be a high tier deck either. They both seem really strong and they are, but Phoenix suffers that huge paranoia against D.D.A while Dark World got speed issue. (Phoenix can probably be a high tier though if DDA gets restricted like Asia, and when I'm talking about Dark World here, I mean a dedicated Dark World deck and not those sidedecked Goldd)

Drop Off is a 1 to 1. You waste the drop off card to destroy the drawn card. It doesn't generate advantage in math. People just tend to stay away from it because it's a trap card, and trap cards in this meta are plentiful already. Locking decks will obviously ignore that fact and will keep using it.

Hmm doesn't Strike Ninja's effect only cause Chaos Sorcerer to be idle for one round instead of removing itself? I thought that it should cause a similar case to Book of Moon flipping the target monster facedown.

"if you select a face-up monster with "Chaos Sorcerer"'s effect, and your opponent chains "Book of Moon" to flip the monster face-down, then "Chaos Sorcerer"'s effect disappears. But even if "Chaos Sorcerer"'s effect disappears, its effect was activated so it cannot attack or activate its effect again."

MegaDitto

Windsor ™
    Years
    • Seen Jun 27, 2013
    I don't know why Upper Deck Enterainment hasn't restricted DDA. It may not be broken but it's not right for the other cards.

I think if Chaos Sorcerer activate it's effect, you can chain and remove Strike Ninja, but if it targets Strike Ninja the effect may disappear. I'm not exactly sure on that.

Drop Off is a good 1 for 1. Mabye not main deck worthy but it is side deck worthy. It's efect is very useful when your opponent is very dependant on topdecking.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back