• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Your Gen VI Shiny Pokémon

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    I wonder what that dude in the GTS is thinking now that I got his Shiny Giratina after I traded him my lvl91 Nidorina. xD

Nusdogg

6IV Shiny Master
    Years
    FINALLLLLY!!!!! Just hatched! Holy Moly. Took me 1,420 eggs. That's 47 inboxes! Hate to experience that again.

Your Gen VI Shiny Pokémon

Now, Mr. Shiny Gastly, here I come!!!

Last edited:
    Years
    I didn't finished the game yet, so I haven't been breeding/ shiny hunting. I got my first legit shiny on Pokémon X by random encounter. Shiny Dugtrio :D

LyokoGirl5000

Lyoko Princess
    Years
    I just caught a shiny Lampent in a Friend Safari. I also caught my shiny Growlithe in a Friend Safari. I wonder if shinies are more common in the Friend safari...

Nusdogg

6IV Shiny Master
    Years
    I just caught a shiny Lampent in a Friend Safari. I also caught my shiny Growlithe in a Friend Safari. I wonder if shinies are more common in the Friend safari...

Did you tip the photographers alot? I was told to tip them alot and your chances of encountering one will increase in the Friend Safari.

DynamicD

Metagross Fan
    Years
    • Seen Jan 22, 2015
    I gave up on breeding for a shiny Breloom, but I still have a shiny Aegislash. I also, just today, got a shiny Huntail.

EDIT: Wow, I'm on a chain fishing spree; I got a shiny Relicanth and Gyarados!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2017
    I managed to catch a shiny level 15 male Marill a few weeks ago. I wasn't trying to encounter a shiny or anything, I was shocked when I saw that little green thing! :D

Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2015
    Just encountered my first shiny in Pokemon, ever. while I was EV training, It's a Vanillite. :D I'm so excited cause not only is it my first shiny but it's cute as could be!

The Feves

Pikamon Pokéchu
    Years
    It blows my mind that so many of you have found/bred shinies. Talk about devotion and patience. I'm starting to want a couple shinies (I need something of value to offer in trades for past promo pokemon I never got, like Mew). Are there any tricks to breeding aside from the Masuda Method that I should know about?

I'm starting with Emolga. Wish me luck!

Years
    • Seen Apr 5, 2015
    Easiest way to get one (not necessarily the fastest) is Friend Safari. Find one that you think contain three decent Pokemon, then just spend an hour or two with random encounters and you'll probably find one. I've found a shiny Dedenne and a shiny Garbodor in Friend Safari. Dedenne took 30 minutes and Garbodor was my second or third encounter.

But if you want to breed them, the Masuda Method hasn't really changed much from previous generations.

komaeda

shsl heckie
    Years
    • Seen Feb 10, 2014
    Chain fishing has gotten me three shinies, but the friend safari is where I have found most shinies. Pumpkaboo, Espurr, Dedenne, Aipom, and two Eevee. Though, it seems my luck has ran out as I have not been able to find another, looked for a shiny Absol 'till night yesterday. Given up on that for the moment and now trying to hatch a shiny Fennekin instead. 5 boxes full, nothing yet. Fingers are crossing tightly for this one!

Broncos

Jesus take the wheel
    Years
    • Seen Feb 2, 2016
    So trying to Sweet Scent for a hidden ability Minun on X; I come across a shiny Plusle. Before the sparkles I knew there was a shiny in this horde because I saw what appeared to be a shooting star in the center of the sky, and yup.

This happened just a few minutes ago.

It's a female with modest nature. :D

She_Delphox

Delphox used Mystical Fire!
    Years
    Well, after a lot of dedication and a current save file of 250+ hours of gameplay, I managed to get the following shinies in my Pokemon X game (I don't count traded shinies):
    Masuda Method: Torchic (38 Eggs), Fennekin (458 Eggs)
    PokeRadar: Skiddo (Gogoat)
    Chain Fishing: Horsea (3x - Seadra, Kingdra), Relicanth, Octillery, Clamperl (Huntail), Clauncher (3x - Clawitzer), Barboach, Poliwhirl (3x - Poliwrath, Politoed), Magikarp (2x - Gyarados), Basculin (4x), Skrelp (Dragalge), Remoraid
    Friend Safari: Pansear (2x - Simisear), Volbeat, Tropius, Riolu (Lucario), Muk, Vullaby, Sliggoo (Goodra), Pidgey (Pidgeot)

I probably got some more I can't think of right now, I actually have a Box full :3 never had that many shinies in a single game ever, so they definitely made it possible (like chain fishing) to obtain shinies easier ;)

Years
    I just caught a shiny Clauncher !!!

I was trying Chain Fishing for the first time and I got lucky cause I caught it very quick! (It took me like 10 minutes or so) Of course I screamed when I saw it haha :) Here it is! Its ability is Mega Launcher and its nature is Calm! It doesn't have any perfect IVs but I don't care! I love it :)

Spoiler:

Now I have 3 Shiny Pokemon. :)

Years
    I have a bunch of competitive shinies, as well as 8 shiny Vivillon patterns.

However, the only shiny I have in my collection that has my OT is a Meditite I caught in a Friend Safari. It's not as good as my other shinies, but x/31/31/31/x/x and Adamant nature is acceptable, at least. I have caught other shinies in Friend Safari and Hordes, such as Gligar, Bellsprout, Cubchoo, and Skarmory, but I've traded them away since. Only fishing shiny I ever caught was a Goldeen, but I was just trying to get some dex entries before that thing popped out.

Last edited:
    Back