• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Your Gen VI Shiny Pokémon

Years
  • Nothing new shiny-wise today, but I wanted to get some pics of what a shiny Mega Mawile looks like. Unfortunately the camera on my phone isn't that good. It looks like the colors are reversed, since a regular Mega Mawile has a black head and purple bottom.

Your Gen VI Shiny Pokémon

DynamicD

Metagross Fan
    Years
    • Seen Jan 22, 2015
    Lucky enough to stumble upon a shiny Honedge! As well as a Goomy, but not much of a change between it's normal color.

Years
    • Seen Oct 29, 2014
    got a shiny dweeble in a friend safri, and I got a shiny feniken from egg on first try a while ago.

UnderMybrella

Wandering Programmer
    Years
  • After much pain and torture, I finally managed to get a shiny...

Shiny Magikarp :D

And, just to be different, it ain't evolving!

Years
    • Seen Dec 5, 2014
    I'm trying to find a shiny with every possible way there is, my results so far:

Random wild encounter - Shiny Jigglypuff
    Friend Safari - Shiny Pancham
    Chain Fishing - 3 shiny Relicanth and a shiny Clawitzer
    Pokeradar - Shiny Trevenant (Took me 4 days to get)
    MM Breeding - Shiny Petilil (Now a lovely Lilligant)
    Horde battle - Shiny Murkrow

Now Sweet Scenting for a shiny Klefki to fulfill my challenge...

EDIT: No luck on shiny Klefki, found a Murkrow instead. I now have a shiny obtained in every possible way...

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2016
    I finished the game and reset it because I wanted to play using a different team. While resetting for a Careful natured Bulbasaur I ended up finding a shiny Timid one. So now I have a shiny starter on my team. Quite pleased.

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    Just caught a shiny gulpin! It's best stats are hp and spdef, he will be quite the tank. His name is the blueblu...blob. Now I am taking a break from pokeradar and trying to get my first hoarde battle shiny, which will hopefully be klefki.

ingcoliptis

Best Pokémon Breeder NA 2015
    Years
  • I got my first in Ruby, in the safari zone xD I didn't know what it was, but shiny ryhorns are so cool I used it. I got a 6 in gen , but returned it :/ (most through trade). In this gen so far ive gooten the stuff in my sig!

Years
    • Seen Mar 7, 2023
    Okay. Let's start from the scratch.
    Today i've been chaining for almost 4 hours or so. Got lucky two times already, with a shiny Smeargle and a shiny ABRAAAAAAA.(That one was so damn hard to chain. Almost had a heart attack when i throw a ball on it, since it could just teleport away from the battle. Luckily i managed to get it with a quick ball.)

And i traded a shiny Skiddo for a shiny Pikachu. Good deal i guess?=D

Snork

My cabbages!
    Years

• in all of my years of playing pokemon, and i've played since blue,
    i have never once encountered a shiny in the wild
    and i have also tried for years with masuda methods and never had any luck
    and i'm /still/ trying masuda method for an espurr in this gen [800 eggs so far, haha... ha...]
    and i have been very patient. u vu

so i don't know, i was kind of happy that they gave us a way to get some shinies.
    i caught my first ever shiny a few days ago--a shiny gyrados
    and i was so excited!!!

so yeah while it's a little easier to find them now,
    it's nice for people like me who never got to own one before.
    besides, it's all fish pokemon. :p
    other types are much harder to find.

that being said i've been in the friend safari for hours now
    no luck for me.

Share all the feels there, been playing since gen 1, sooo many hours spend on games in all gens and never ecountered a shiny (even using methods). It was only the other week I was bored on my SS that I tried soft resseting a ho-oh, that became my first ever shiny XD
    Then today I was hunting dittos in the friend safari and a shiny kecleon popped up :P

Stigmon

Linkin Park/ MIW Fan
    Years
  • I caught a shiny Bearctic the other day through a random encounter. Slightly disappointed at the way it looks though, there aren't many differences from the normal one. I'm currently breeding for a shiny Charmander, hatched around 800 so far.

Years
    • Seen Dec 17, 2016
    Just got a shiny Farfetch'd yesterday from the friend safari. I have also chained 4 shiny Gyarados, 1 shiny Seaking, 2 shiny Relicanth, and a shiny Dragalge.

Years
  • I caught y first shiny ever. It was a gulpin in a hoard battle. I think it was also a critical capture. I looked away from the screen for a few seconds so I can't be sure.

pokewalker

If it ain't Dutch,it ain'tmuch
    Years
  • Just caught a shiny Relicanth. I'm pretty sure the odds have changed, the amount of people finding a shiny is too high. I'm afraid the special feel about shinies will gradually disappear...

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Found a shiny Charmeleon in my friend's safari! <3 Had a decent nature and good IVs in a few spots so I actually bothered to EV train it and such. I .. never thought I would be so happy having a shiny Charizard (because I would have never gone out of my way to get one) but now that I have one it's pretty exciting.

Back