• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Your Gen VI Shiny Pokémon

The Feves

Pikamon Pokéchu
Years
  • Well, after a lot of dedication and a current save file of 250+ hours of gameplay, I managed to get the following shinies in my Pokemon X game (I don't count traded shinies):
    Masuda Method: Torchic (38 Eggs), Fennekin (458 Eggs)
    PokeRadar: Skiddo (Gogoat)
    Chain Fishing: Horsea (3x - Seadra, Kingdra), Relicanth, Octillery, Clamperl (Huntail), Clauncher (3x - Clawitzer), Barboach, Poliwhirl (3x - Poliwrath, Politoed), Magikarp (2x - Gyarados), Basculin (4x), Skrelp (Dragalge), Remoraid
    Friend Safari: Pansear (2x - Simisear), Volbeat, Tropius, Riolu (Lucario), Muk, Vullaby, Sliggoo (Goodra), Pidgey (Pidgeot)

I probably got some more I can't think of right now, I actually have a Box full :3 never had that many shinies in a single game ever, so they definitely made it possible (like chain fishing) to obtain shinies easier ;)

Holy crap dude! That's some dedication for sure. I'm still working on breeding that Shiny Emolga, 100+ eggs so far with no luck. I need to get some friend codes to do some safari hunting. I've yet to get ONE shiny, so I thought breeding would be my luckiest method since I never come across them in the wild.

TheKurtzinator

Professional Derp/Trainer
    Years
  • So far I have got a shiny Lanturn, Bascullin, and Poliwag. Chain fishing is definitely the way to go as these are the first three shinies that I have ever caught in any of my personally own games. The others I got in trades.

Years
  • Just recently I got a shiny Snorunt from Friend Safari and a shiny Poliwhirl from chain fishing!
    Probably gonna evolve them to Froslass and Politoed later, hohohoh.

Years
  • Got a shiny Golett from wonder trade perfect IV, nature and ability. But its hacked i guess cause it dont have its Pentagon thing also its from JPN.

UniVolt

All about attack
    Years
  • I have a shiny Talonflame, Kingler and Umbreon.

I found the first two in the wild and bred for the Eevee and got it on my first egg.

atomtanned

Delinquent
    Years
    • Seen Oct 17, 2022
    I was able to get a shiny Dratini and a shiny Eevee during the Instacheck days, so that was cool. The Dratini is nicknamed Daenerys and the Eevee will be evolved into an Umbreon named Pluto.

I also caught a shiny Grumpig (lol) in Friend Safari, nicknamed Butters.

Years
    • Seen Apr 17, 2024
    Caught a shiny Chansey (my second, lol) and a shiny Audino in friend safari the same day, within 50 encounters.

LyokoGirl5000

Lyoko Princess
    Years
  • I must be the luckiest person alive because I just caught a Shiny Gulpin in a horde battle! That's my third Shiny in X version.

Years
    • Seen Jul 3, 2014
    Finally after 2 hours of chain fishing I finally caught my shiny Shellder. I even got so lucky as it to have the skill link ability. So beautiful!! :')

Shrew

is a Shrew
    Years
  • I accidentally masuda'd a Shiny Aron. For Kalos dex completion (before beating the Elite 4), I was throwing in around 24 pokemon which were captured already-evolved, getting a single egg from them, hatching them, and permaboxing them. Lairon was the 19th, when I was getting really sleepy and just wanted to get it over. I was so caught off guard with those huge red eyes staring back at me! I completely forgot that the Ditto I was using was French.

Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2023
    I had some INSANE luck earlier. I'm hunting in a Dragon-Type FS, when I come across a Shiny Sliggoo. It even has it's DW ability! And like 30 seconds later, I run into a Shiny Gabite. :O

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • Ohhh my goodness! What a treat for my 5000th post!

I was Masuda Method breeding Pumpkaboo while watching Kyoukai no Kanata. I had about 20 babies with different spreads, so I figured I should breed one perfect one. I saved and started doing the Egg trick. I deposited the two English Gyarados into the Daycare and hatched... A SHINY MAGIKARP, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I... I HAVE NEVER HATCHED A SHINY WITHOUT RNG BEFORE OMG. I WAS LEGITIMATELY SHAKING DESPITE THE FACT THAT EVERYONE AND THEIR MOTHER CAN GET A SHINY KARP/GYARADOS FROM HGSS OR FROM FISH CHAINING.

So... I didn't want Magikarp. I took my odds and restarted the game; the PID2 that dictates shinyness should be static on the upcoming egg frame. I deposited two English Pumpkaboo into the Daycare and then got... MY LOVELY GODDESS

Your Gen VI Shiny Pokémon

Years
  • You guys thought I wouldn't get another shiny, but I did!

Your Gen VI Shiny Pokémon

Remoraid ♂ | Lv25
    Modest nature
    Hustle
    Quick tempered

I love how he turned out with a good nature. Can't wait to use him sometime! His capture happened to be one week after I caught a shiny Clauncher (mentioned it earlier in the thread) and again when I was grocery shopping. Coincidental or not?

Years
  • Just about an hour ago, I was hatching Lillipups to get one for my team. I used a Ditto I had caught myself and a Lillipup I had previously bred, so I was not using any international pokés what so ever.
    After a round of breeding, I was gonna Wonder Trade 5 of em away, and just as I was about to Wonder Trade the first one away, hovering with the stylus over the 'Yes' option, I noticed the red star, and I went 'WHAAAAAAAAAT?'.
    (Shiny Lillipup looks alot like normal ones, so I hadn't noticed anything when it hatched, hahah)

I've been getting really lucky these past days!

slim spazzy

Kik: spazzyda59
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jan 15, 2017
    Hmmm i have met a shiny charmeleon in the friend safari and also a farfectd.I ahve got a clauncher thru trade which is shiny and i successfully hatched a shiny cyndaquil :)

Years
    • Seen Oct 6, 2015
    Randomly found a Shiny Basculin last night while fishing. It was my first ever so I decided to hit the friend safari. 30mins later I got a Shiny Meditite :D

Back