• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What do you do for 4th of July?

jokestr2004

Good Command or File Name
Years
  • More properly titled.. Independence Day... but whatever floats your boat..

Also I dunno if this goes here or Other Chat so... blah..

I usually become a complete idiot on 4th of July... (Why'd i say become? I'm always a dipstick..)

But I'll just get lots of M80's... and like.. light them under buckets.. and watch them go 70 feet in the air..

Also me and my friends and my bro have "Bottle Rocket" wars... which include bottle rockets, roman candles, fire crackets, sparklers, and whatever else.

Blah I can stick to the traditional stuff... but reluctantly. I am always trying to think of something new and creative, because the "norm" gets boring after years and years of it.

Course, all those fancy high-tech things like those ducks and tanks and stuff are always fun... blah..

So What do you dOo?

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    Well I normaly dont do anything but this time i'm going to new york...all i ever do i has my cousins b-day party since she was born of 4th of july.

Castrainer

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2006
    July 4th is my dad's b-day XD
    I only celebrate my father b-day... I live in Brazil ^^;

Rift

Let's Venture Onward!
    Years
  • We usually buy a bunch of fireworks and light em off in the road (when no cars are coming XD) but one year i went and got some bottle rockets and firecrackers X3

Castrainer

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2006
    Not so much fun... My father calls everyone that he knows and our house dont have peace! >.<

PGN

I am now PGNFounder
    Years
  • Step 1: Buy a LOAD of fireworks [done]
    Step 2: Light 'em in 2 dayz! [4th of July in 2 days]

Miyu-chan

.::f l o w e r g i r l::.
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Apr 23, 2014
    Maybe packing for our family trip to Taiwan? xD We'll probally do nothing though. Bummer. ._.

~Ozy~

PC's Unofficial Poetry Critic
    Years
  • Well, we drive up to Wyoming and buy the stuff that's prohibited where I live, then set it all of and freak the dog out. The I rig up my bike and such, launching bottle rockets from it and chucking random firecrackers. So, not much, really...

Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2021
    Sapphire Latios said:
    We usually buy a bunch of fireworks and light em off in the road (when no cars are coming XD) but one year i went and got some bottle rockets and firecrackers X3
    Ooh, I love your signature and avatar set! The pictures look so familiar... Hmm...

=P Lol. Anyway, I always go out to my grandparent's house on the Fourth of July. All of my family goes there. Since they live on the lake, (Well, in a lakehouse.) we get to ride their boat and go out to watch a HUGE fireworks show! The lake gets so crowded then, but it's worth it, because it's all really neat. Before that, though, we usually cook out and eat cheeseburgers or something, and have our own little fireworks show.

Today, I went with my brother, cousin, and grandfather to buy fireworks, and we're going to shoot some today, and then save the rest for the fourth!

*~Ashley~*

♥ Matt
    Years
  • What do I do on July 4th? Well, it differs year to year. The past few years we've gone to my mom's cousin's house. They have a pool so we go swimming all day and then have a cook out! It's fun. But this year we can't do that cuz my mom's cousin is going to have a baby. So instead I heard that we were supposed to go to my sister's "friend's" house... but apparently my sister hates the girl. I didn't want to go to my sister's friend's house anyway. So now... I think we're going to my cousin's house and we're going swimming at a lake instead. I'm just really confused as to what we're actually doing now.

As for fireworks... we usually go to the next town's high school and watch the fireworks from there. We used to go to the park cuz they have a fair there every year too... but since I don't live in that town anymore we never get to go... plus we only go to the park when my dad is off from work and that never happens...

Kairi

The Original $staff_title
    Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2021
    We don?t do anything on the forth really, though our neighbors usually use all kinds of illegal fireworks anymore, so we can watch them. Now the 3rd, that is a day truly, truly worth celebrating. T89 will agree with me. Smart guy.

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
  • I don't do anything, I hate fireworks XD I have to travel to some ghost town in the nothern part of the county, sit outside in the heat and mosquitos, and drive home at eleven, deathly afraid of hitting a deer :P It's not pleasant, so we quit doing it...

We might roast weenies though, and my parents might force me to light sparklers after dark, causing me to get singed and mosquito bit. I think I'll just spend the day watching the Fox News Channel or something, they usually have a lot of stuff dealing with America XD

Years
  • well we light off big black cat fireworks and have hamburgers for dinner when we run out of fireworks we just watch the neighbors fireworks we stay up till one lighting fireworks then after that we are up till 5 playing silent hill 1 2 3

StarLightUmbreon

Moonlight Traveler
    Years
  • Well i don't have a tradtion or any thing. I normal watch fire works or something. Each year is diff realy. I guess beouse I have live with so many diff people. Though i guess that does bring some excitment to the holyday.

Back