• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

1st Gen St. Anne truck and Mew

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pounce

renai kakumei
Years
  • first of all- I know how much everyone is sick of hearing cheats about this topic, concerning strength or keys. I'm sorry!

but I was always under the impression that while NOTHING CAN BE DONE TO THIS TRUCK TO OBTAIN MEW in the American R/B games, that was the purpose of the truck in the Japanese R/B games and that the Mew was removed by American developers but the truck left.

I'm sorry for bringing this up again, but until I came here and found everyone saying there was no purpose for it, that was what I had heard and believed to be true. while it's useless in the American one, I had always heard you could move it to get Mew in the Japanese version only.

confirm/discuss?

Brittany

Back?
    Years
  • No you cant do that to find mew in the jap version. In the jap version you must fill ur pokedex then you go to that game creators place in celedon city. He awards you some certificate and he gives you mew to finish ur pokedex.(you only get mew in jap)

At least thats what i heard. And i know that you dont find mew under the truck in the jap version cuz i tryed it(i have pokemon green)

Rift

Let's Venture Onward!
    Years
  • Well, I always thought the truck was pretty useless XD lol it may have been an idea for the creators to put Mew under a hole in the truck or something but decided to give you Mew when you fill your Pokedex (My idea XD) and the whole Missingno. thing comes up cause of the American versions 'creators' took Mew out and so "Missing Number." XD lol

Shadow

Original Flavor Darkness
    Years
  • Sapphire Latios said:
    Well, I always thought the truck was pretty useless XD lol it may have been an idea for the creators to put Mew under a hole in the truck or something but decided to give you Mew when you fill your Pokedex (My idea XD) and the whole Missingno. thing comes up cause of the American versions 'creators' took Mew out and so "Missing Number." XD lol
    No Mew's data is still in English R/B/Y. Otherwise it couldn't have been a promotion or in a gltich. Missingno. is leftover data from prototype Pokemon (plural) (some even believe a type that was taken out since sometimes it's type is "Bird" instead of "Flying").

Mew isn't obtainable without an event or the Mew glitch. It can't be gotten in the English version by Diving, moving a truck, filling the Pokedex, or anything else. I've heard people say you can and can't get Mew by filling your Pokedex in the Japanese version. I do know Celebi was taken out of English Crystal (which was due to the mobile adapter not being released in other countries).

Years
    • Seen Jan 9, 2005
    Shadow said:
    No Mew's data is still in English R/B/Y. Otherwise it couldn't have been a promotion or in a gltich. Missingno. is leftover data from prototype Pokemon (plural) (some even believe a type that was taken out since sometimes it's type is "Bird" instead of "Flying").

Mew isn't obtainable without an event or the Mew glitch. It can't be gotten in the English version by Diving, moving a truck, filling the Pokedex, or anything else. I've heard people say you can and can't get Mew by filling your Pokedex in the Japanese version. I do know Celebi was taken out of English Crystal (which was due to the mobile adapter not being released in other countries).

Not true. Mew can be obtained in red/blue but im not sure about the others.

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    Aside from the Sharked Mew and Jap mew. I only know one other normal way to get mew and you have to have a 0.0.4 version BLUE version. Dont ask me what 0.0.4. means as I have no idea either.

Years
    • Seen Jan 9, 2005
    Well, there's a glitch that has to do w/ a gambler, flying, disabled buttons, and a slopoke w/ a special of i can't remember, but its 25 or 28.

Pounce

renai kakumei
    Years
  • I know how to get mew through the glitch. that part is easy. o_o; I'm asking about the japanese version in specific, not the english or any other games, simply because that was what I had always heard to be true (I kind of doubt it is, but I've never played any version other than the English, so I guess you never know..)

C Sherbii S

...still trying to beat the E4
    Years
    • Age 34
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 9, 2008
    I am too lazy to test out the cheat!!!!! If you really want me to, I might be able to try ti crack it on my Jap. Yellow version.

Years
    • Seen Jun 28, 2023
    its a special of 27.
    and the only way to get mew without glitches or cheating is by promotion, ir in the jap version completing your pokedex and going to the developer in celadon

Years
    • Seen Jul 28, 2010
    i seem to remember a nintendo power article about it not being real....of course, the stupid article came out years after the game was released (already when crystal was out). this is probably what the programmers did during debugging:

Programmer: okay...most of every useless thing in the game that we know of is gone now...just one more thing...that truck...all i have to do is delete the truck and...

Intercom: *BZZT* Lunch time.

Programmer: Mmm! luunch time! o well! i'll delete the truck after i get back. i won't forget!!!

-_-

o yeah...and in fr/lg, the truck is there by the way. nintendo said it was there for nostalgia, which to me is a crummy reason...-_-

Cartmic

Hi there, it's been awhile.
    Years
  • C Sherbii S said:
    I am too lazy to test out the cheat!!!!! If you really want me to, I might be able to try ti crack it on my Jap. Yellow version.

I wish you just belived me that I know Red Rom inside out.

Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2015
    *goes to check*

Why the heck did they put a Lava Cookie there?

Last edited:

DarkTerror

COCKROACH
    Years
  • blue said:
    Aside from the Sharked Mew and Jap mew. I only know one other normal way to get mew and you have to have a 0.0.4 version BLUE version. Dont ask me what 0.0.4. means as I have no idea either.

Getting this version is kinda impossible. If 1.00 is the final version(That is, Pokemon Red/Green when they first came out in Japan), then 0.0.4 is a REALLY early prototype.

Mew's data is still in R/B/Y. It just has to be "unlocked" by Nintendo or a cheating device. Cheating devices don't add crap to your game, it just messes with your game's "memory" or whatever its called, so it just brings out the data of the thing you wanted(In this case, Mew). If you think I'm wrong, then please tell me, how does Mew still learn it's level-up moves after you get it with a GameShark? Wasn't it's data supposed to be "downloaded" to your game by Nintendo?

This thing is like the stuff in some DreamCast games. You had to "download" the data of certain stuff in the game(Textures for the levels/adventure fields to make it look like it's Christmas in the game as an example) from Sega using your DC's modem. When I ripped the ISOs of some games, I started to check the files in the games, and I found the textures that were supposed to be "downloaded", without downloading them. They were there, they just had to be "unlocked", like I said before.

Marill909

Pacific Boy
    Years
  • its a special of 27.
    and the only way to get mew without glitches or cheating is by promotion, ir in the jap version completing your pokedex and going to the developer in celadon

Im tryin to catch em all in my jap. green version. I hope that works.

AdamHays

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2004
    it doesn't work it is just a rumor,the only way to get Mew once again nintendo event or using cheats.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back