• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The end of Pokemon?

Mr.Roserade

Used to be skeetacular
Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2008
    Do you guys think nintendo will end pokemon anytime soon?? Penny for your thoughts?

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • I always thought nintendo did things in threes and they do. They got the triforce, three pokemon games for every pokemon generation and handheld generation, and a whole lot of other 3's. The only other pokemon game to come outis opal the one with Giranitna and that's it. A new generation is out of the question but a 3D game for wii isn't. You heard my opinion and that's it. Just get ready for people to say some stupid things tnhough

Mr.Roserade

Used to be skeetacular
    Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2008
    Oh I believe there will be a third for the sinnoh region, im just wandering, what about after?

PokeFlora

So Fresh
    Years
  • The game console cant hold anymore pokemon so tehre won't be another version for DS unless it has an external connector. Pokemon D/P was the 2nd biggest game ever put in a cartage of its size. It was on nintendo website not to long ago. So adding another 150 pokemon to the existing one sis out of the question.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • Exactly why I said they have to go on to Wii but with technology today it is possible. The game wad at least 1 gb of memory mini sd which is smaller than the ds cartridge could go up to 4 so you are wrong in some ways

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2008
    Actually, I think music takes up exponentially more space than anything else on a game cart. Pokemon are stored as a few pictures and a couple of variables and don't take up all that much space, so they could conceivably add more without much trouble. Those DS carts can fit TONS of data; developers haven't had to worry about running out of space on their media for years now.

As for the theory that Nintendo does everything in threes... well, this is the fourth generation.

I personally don't think Nintendo has a grand master plan for the series, much less a conclusion to the series. They'll stop putting out the games when they stop being profitable.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • Actually, I think music takes up exponentially more space than anything else on a game cart. Pokemon are stored as a few pictures and a couple of variables and don't take up all that much space, so they could conceivably add more without much trouble. Those DS carts can fit TONS of data; developers haven't had to worry about running out of space on their media for years now.

As for the theory that Nintendo does everything in threes... well, this is the fourth generation.

I personally don't think Nintendo has a grand master plan for the series, much less a conclusion to the series. They'll stop putting out the games when they stop being profitable.
    I know thats why it still baffles me XD

Mr.Roserade

Used to be skeetacular
    Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2008
    Pssht probably not, they can just make new regions with the same pokes and kids wont care =/

Amp

This is crazy.
    Years
  • OH, and DS games are stored on flash media. Pokemon may be the second biggest, and it may have filled the cart, but they can make bigger carts.

Skaterzpenguin

Vulpix!? In my backyard!? :D
    Years
    • WI
    • Seen Feb 14, 2013
    Yeah they can't keep on making pokemon games. That would be impossible to fill up in the poke'dex and would be too much... The only way is if nintendo would make a new pokemon game with new 150 pokemon and start over with a new story line and characters. Also you would never get the old pokemon traded to these games... lol its a cool idea, but w/e.

Scales

Man of Infinite Jest
    Years
  • I doubt that Nintendo would end pokemon. Firstly pokemon encompasses a very large amount of their gaming audience. If they stopped making pokemon games they would lose a very large amount of money. Secondly since it encompasses a very large amount of their gaming audience and since pokemon is such a very popular game series once its © ends some other very big company would start a legal fight and eventually buy it. Making billions of dollars

Nintendo can just either start over or just make a new region but with no new pokemon. What I would like to see is either an MMO or a game where you can go to all the pokemon regions and not just one. (This is why pokemon Crystal is my favorite pokemon game. You can go to Johto and Kanto)

Personally if Nintendo really wants to get a lot more money and fans they should try and appeal to a bigger general audience. Most of my friends dislike Pokemon since its very childish compared to the games they play. Nintendo could make a rated M pokemon game and appeal to older gamers. What I would like to see in the next pokemon is the ability to customize your character. Your always restricted to what your character looks like (I hated the hat the male protagonist of D/P wore). They should also do what Square did with Final fantasy and get out of the pixled games and go for the next gen graphics. That would appeal to players more

Last edited:

menace64

Lifelong Trainer
    Years
  • Rule of thumb: If we are still debating whether or not another generation is feasible, chances are it is. The day the debate dies is the day Pokemon 'ends.'

Aikoh

go go rudolph rangers
    Years
  • Yeah they can't keep on making pokemon games. That would be impossible to fill up in the poke'dex and would be too much... The only way is if nintendo would make a new pokemon game with new 150 pokemon and start over with a new story line and characters. Also you would never get the old pokemon traded to these games... lol its a cool idea, but w/e.

It's a logical argument but I don't believe that completing the Pokédex is nearly as impossible as one might think. In fact, I think the possibilities of completing it have significantly increased in recent years, because Wi-Fi has revolutionized the trading system and has made trading a lot easier and more accessible than it was in the past. As feltpens posted earlier, Nintendo will continue to produce new Pokémon games as long as they remain popular, hence the reason the anime is also still in production. What Nintendo has to do with each generation is offer something new to the audience that will keep their interest.

Years
  • They will drop gens though.

It will still go on but no more new pokemon due to them already making "god".

*Takes penny* *Chokes on penny*

Last edited:

Tater Tot

I used to be popular here~
    Years
    • Age 16
    • Seen Jan 15, 2017
    What they'll do, is get a game like.... Pokemon Jade. XP And they'll stick all the pokemon games together in one game.

All the Gym leaders, Elite four members, missions for legendary pokemon, Etc.

They'll get Team Rocket, Aqua, Magma, Galactic, to get the strongest legenadary in pokemon or something like that. They'll give you a chance to catch Mewtwo, the birds, dogs, Ho-Oh, Lugia, Kyogre, Etc. In the game. It'll just be all the games put together in one game when they end it.

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Obviously, before it crashes and burns, Nintendo will listen to the fans and make a remake of Silver/Gold/Crystal. Pokèmon will be alive again, and the crisis is saved.

Just kiddin' with you. Pokèmon will eventually die. The new Pokèmon and the new regions are all lacking in quality compared to Kanto and Johto, they're making stupid evolutions and pre-evolutions of old Pokèmon, and that's bringing it down too.

But I did hear a rumour that they have one thousand Pokèmon created, that are yet to be released to the public. Do I believe it? No. But you dogs can if you want.

NytewolfAU2k7

Game Modder & Creator
    Years
  • Do you guys think nintendo will end pokemon anytime soon?? Penny for your thoughts?

:laugh:

As I've said tie and time again, Pokemon will cease when it ceases to be profitable. At the current time that doesn't seem likely.

Though I must admit that I do want it to end soon, A program I'm developing for being a super glorified Pokedes has almost reached Mini-CD size

Back