• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Rumors of Pokémon RPG for Wii

Years
  • yah yah your right..but rumors a romur maybe true or false...
    anyways... i'm thinkin' of the game...hmmm..aha!!nah..i think it will be a bad idea..
    Yeah, really, pokemon RPG's are meant to be on handhelds, after all, you can't take your wii to the beach (e.t.c), can you?
    Although the capibility for wifi would be good...
    BTW where did you hear this rumor?
    or did you make it up 0_o

D-puff

Wooper Expert
    Years
  • i kinda hope they dont make one, really. Sure, it would be cool, but it wouldnt feel like a pokemon game. the point of pokemon games are so you can bring it on the go and battle/trade with friends that also own the game. It wouldnt have the same nostalgic feel you get from playing a pokemon game. I think they took that feel away enough trying to add minor 3d to d/p.

0lid0

t4st3 my 5y7h3!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 24, 2008
    man, that would suck worse than pokemon mystery dungeon!!!!! lol
    seriously though, they should keep the rpg's limited to ds/gb/gba
    they would try and make it look 3d and it would ruin the feel of pokemon :)

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • seriously though, they should keep the rpg's limited to ds/gb/gba
    they would try and make it look 3d and it would ruin the feel of pokemon
    ...Riiigghht. So, what does that make Colosseum and XD then, hm? For they were RPG's in every sense of the word, and aren't counted a spin-offs either.
    And HOW the heck would 3D Pokemon ruin the 'feel' of it? Please explain. Heck, I've heard more often then not about others expressing their wish for such a thing, and for 3d sprites on the handhelds...

Secondly - rumours? Not much point discussing the such unless a relevant sort or evidence shows the chances of it happening. I can tell the story of the RPG coming out tomorrow which I heard from a friend who heard it form his best friends' enemy's freiend's uncle's dog, and it's a rumour.

My two cents - there probably would be an RPG for the Wii, as there were two for the Gamecube. Probably the same company will be making those (also the same one which made PBR) - they've been keeping quiet and already have all the moves to use (and reused some music as well, remixed from Colo and XD), and seem to have been handed the responibilitys of Pokemon games on these sort of consoles. Besides, it'd make them money. Heck, maybe it'll be another Shadow Poke game (and if so, Miror B better be there...).

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2020
    Not gonna happen for quite a while in my opinion. Battle Revolution has yet to completely quench the thirst of 3D-hungry battlers.

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
    Years
  • Nah. That would not be a very good idea because it is only really meant for DS/GB/GBA, Wiith the exception of XD and Colloseum.

Saviour_Gundam

ZGMF-X23S
    Years
    • Age 36
    • CT
    • Seen Sep 24, 2010
    Assuming they DO make a MMORPG of Pokemon on Wii-ware (Where I was under the impression it would be made for it, which would make sense, if you don't have WiFi you can't download the game thus your not stuck paying 20-30 for a game you can't play).
    Here are some early theories:
    - Based on your console's registered location, or wherever the internet has you registered, depends on where in the world of the game (Kanto/Jhoto/Hoenn/Sinnoh I can't say they'll be in it, but I can't say they will either) And depends on your starter Pokemon.
    - I PRAY that the Pokemon you raise on the game can be transfered to your DS and back, which would be one way of obtaining Celebi, ALSO a good way to distribute Azure Flutes (I can dream).
    - They would most likely make it PBR graphics when you battle.

This is all I can think of at the moment

Cid

Years
  • This sounds nice, though I'm not sure that it would be a true-Pokemon RPG, since true-Pokemon RPGs are usually in handhelds and not on consoles.
    Sounds interesting, though.

Saviour_Gundam

ZGMF-X23S
    Years
    • Age 36
    • CT
    • Seen Sep 24, 2010
    Well if you read Yahtzee's (Zero Punctuation) reviews regarding Nintendo Games you'll remember he refers to Nintendo as "yanking on old franchises" if they think it'll lead to $$$$ they'll do it, same goes for Sony and Microsoft

Years
  • Yes would be awesome but unlikely. If they made a game like XD and Collosseum which had a storyline as well as battling it would be cool. PBR was good for Electivire and Magmortar but otherwise it wasn't that great. A full blown RPG is unlikely but maybe a game with a storyline and MINI-GAMES.

Hypntick

Wobbuffet!
    Years
  • There are so many possibilities that would be interesting. Personally I think a "class" system would be neat, could be a trainer, ranger, breeder, professor etc. Would open up a lot of ways to play other than the standard "catch, get badges, beat elite 4, repeat" kinda thing

Back