• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Rumors of Pokémon RPG for Wii

Years
    The main reason that I think they will come out with another Pokemon for the wii is...
    *Drum roll*

Platinum.

Think about it...
    How are we gonna see a 3D Origin form of Giratina?Rotom's new forms?
    Platinum isn't compatible with PBR.
    They are more than likely to cook something up before they release the 5th gen of Pokemon.

(Unless they release an update for pbr like they did with My Pokemon Ranch)

Shiroi Alucard

White Knight
    Years
    I think a pokemon game for Wii with D/P graphics would be great idea, it could even let you go to all four Regions and beat every games gym and elite four, plus catch every single pokemon on the SAME game for once, ya know like ash does in the show ^_^

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    Ash has all 493 pokemon?

I think it'd be a great idea for the RPG to do all that. DPP can... if you cheat...

Sheek

Paladin
    Years
    Judging by Nintendo's pattern's with previous Generations, I'd say a Pokemon RPG on Wii is likely. Back in Generation I and II, they had the Stadium games (a sequel to which would be quite welcomed on Wii, following Ninetendo's new theme of addressing a causal audience, hence the likely abundance of mini-games and the like), and in Generation III they had Colosseum/XD. So far, for Generation IV, it's just PBR, which not only sucked, but also lacks Platinum support.

Also, a Generation IV console RPG could help out with getting some hard-to-get legendaries, such as the Generation II legendaries (which hints at a possible Generation II remake on DS, making those Pokemon available easily).

NytewolfAU2k7

Game Modder & Creator
    Years
    There are rumors that there is going to be a full blown RPG for the Wii if so would it be cool and what would the features be.

Wouldn't happen to be the one spreading that rumour, perchance?

Judging by Nintendo's pattern's with previous Generations, I'd say a Pokemon RPG on Wii is likely. Back in Generation I and II, they had the Stadium games (a sequel to which would be quite welcomed on Wii, following Ninetendo's new theme of addressing a causal audience, hence the likely abundance of mini-games and the like), and in Generation III they had Colosseum/XD. So far, for Generation IV, it's just PBR, which not only sucked, but also lacks Platinum support.

Also, a Generation IV console RPG could help out with getting some hard-to-get legendaries, such as the Generation II legendaries (which hints at a possible Generation II remake on DS, making those Pokemon available easily).

As I see it, Pokemon is Nintendos Cash Cow, thus we should expect another Generation 4 battle game or rpg along the same lines as XD or Colosseum, it would net them a fair bit of cash, I would suspect.

Giratina ♀

what's your sign?
    Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2013
    I really want one of these.

I loved XD: GoD, and really wanted a regular Pokémon RPG like that as well, with more detailed movements and things.

And in PMD's defense, I think it was on the top ten list of the best handheld games I had ever played. I really liked it, dunno about you.

Synx

A Pro Newb
    Years
    • Seen Nov 12, 2008
    If they do, i bet they make it so ur a ranger or something so u use the wii motes more. if not itll be kinda dull...

Back