• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Who are you doing this for?

• Total voters

Ninja Tree

I turn 1 everyday
Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen Aug 6, 2010
It seems most people here are creating their game only for themselves. Seriously, do not lie, nearly all the games here are all based on the creator's wants.

Years
  • Seen Sep 11, 2013
I am making the game for myself but, I am open to all ideas. It is others that keep me up and going. I voted for myself

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
Years
Game making is my passion and my hobby. When I'm designing and developing my game, I do it because I enjoy doing it. It's as challenging and fulfilling as it is enjoyable and therapeutic, for me, anyway. My ideas stem from my own thoughts of what would be included in a game.

Although, I do make games with the intention of eventually allowing other people to use and, hopefully, enjoy playing through it as much as I enjoy making it.

So I guess I'm doing it for myself now and for others' in the future.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
But seriously, who here actually thought 'let's make a Pokémon game for everyone to play'? I'm willing to bet that most, if not all, games started out as a personal project. Mine did.

Theik

Fancy Cape Knight
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Nov 16, 2014
Making a game for others is a tremendously bad idea, to be honest. Nobody makes a game for others. Even professional companies make games for themselves in the end, considering they are hoping to make a profit with it.

If you're making a game 'for the other people', you're by default going to get bored of making it.

damian_carshe

medeokre trainer
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 4, 2009
honostly im doing it with a group for a group and then if the group likes. for others so HA lolz but yeah, the groups game is gonna be for everyone in the end. i started it but recruited friends who are able to do what i cant.

Likewise

Bye.
Years
Huh...... I guess for me, I got sick of playing the nintendo games and beating them so easily... I wanted a challenge and someway to be creative outside of music, but now I'm doing it for basically no one, I've just grown accustomed to game making and all its wonderful areas.

SL1MSHADY

WATCH THE THRONE
Years
im making a game for myself, but it's also open for a lot of changes, so i like to think im making it for eveyone! ^^

Waudby

I'm makng a game just for a hobby really, to me it doesn't even matter if no one ever plays it, I have learnt a lot from creating my game and has helped me into the programming world.

So you could so I am just making it for myself, to say," look I can do this ".

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
Years
I acctually am not making the game for myself, but I'm also not making it for strangers. My game is supposed to be for my younger brother and when I finish the project I don't plan to bother with the game anymore. I hope to be developing applications for the iPhone, but it might not work out.

Mr_Dark

Poke Dev.
Years
We started to make the game for ourselves but we ask our community for input because they are the people who are going to play our game.

ForeverRed

teeheeee
Years
Well I don't know really...
Maybe I did it to say that I made this and I started this at 12 years of age XD (which I am still)
Maybe I did it to say to Pokemon/Game Freak that they are lacking of creative and new ideas
Maybe I did it for my friends
Maybe I did it for my brother
Maybe I don't know why I did it.
Well which ever it was I supposedly did it for myself ^^

Absola

~ Let me fly away
Years
Well, I agree with Wichu on this one. I believe that most games started out as personal projects, if not intended else.

Game making is an hobby of mine so I'm working on my game by myself. Then of course, if I manage to finish my game, I'll maybe share it with others. I don't know yet. For now I only let my younger sis play it. And a good friend of mine too!

~ Absola

Back