• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Maps?

Raitheon

C++ Coder
Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2011
    How do you make map and/or cities? In PNG format or another way?

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    :S

You'll need to find a basic editing tutorial or three and work through them. Make a bunch of practise maps before even thinking about making any kind of project/game of your own.

And for the record, it would've helped if you'd mentioned if you were using RPG Maker XP or Sphere or whatever.

(I suppose technically it is possible to use a picture as a backdrop for a map, but that'd be way more complicated than the tile-based way.)

Forever Forbidden

Takes the longest shortcut.
    Years
  • well, if you mean maps to upload to pictures, then the best way is to take screenshots of the map in the exitor, and then keep peicing them together, one by one at a time. It's slow, but the only way to do the bigger maps if you use things like RMXP.

DrCoolSanta

Erode away...
    Years
  • You need the tilesets first and then load them in RMXP and create the map. Check out any tutorial for RMXP.

Years
    • Seen Sep 27, 2021
    RPG Maker XP

I know I'm new to this, but I find this to be a bit too difficult.
    TOO!? come on. The map editing is like the easiest part of the whole thing; New or not. I also take that right before asking us these questions you just downloaded RMXP?

Years
    • Seen Mar 5, 2013
    IT does not say map editor. Ok when you open the rpgmaker xp it opens up and the main part in the window will be where you make the maps. If you can not figure this out you might want to take a second thought before doing a game.

xyzmetal

The Metal Generation
    Years
  • Wait when you say rpgmaker xp you mean click on the Game, Editor, or......? Or is pokemon essentials and rpgmaker xp 2 different programs?

Edit - Well can anyone tell me where can I find rpgmaker??

Last edited:

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
    Years
  • To anyone asking for anything in this thread.

I found some useful links on this site for you:
    Here.
    And.
    Here.

Oh and click Editor. I reckon that's where you edit stuff such as maps and code.

Back