• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Have you noticed.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chibi Robo

of the entire epoch!
Years
  • Have you noticed mods have always a lot of rep and emblems?
    Do you think they can award themself emblems or since they have been obviously been noticed by mods that they have a more likley chance of getting an emblem then most of the members here at pc do?
    And also why do you think the mods get so much rep

Discuss your ideas here

ShadowLeader

because shadows follow...
    Years
  • no...i think they have the same chance as any.
    and they get rep because they are mods...they get it because they post well...

Last edited:

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    Mods get so much rep because half of PC's population is made of staff kiss-asses who give reputation hoping that mods can see who gave what reputation, in order to become their friends. Mods can see who give them reputation, and mods can award themselves emblems, which I'm sure they do.

That is the reason why moderators and higher-up staff have so much reputation and emblems.

Reina

pandasaur!
    Years
  • Pentrait makes a good point, but in my opinion, it's also pretty likely it's because the fact that the mods are aware of the rules, and from what I've seen anyway, are pretty helpful, people just up rep them. They wouldn't be mods if they weren't helpful, right?

Years
  • Mods get so much rep because half of PC's population is made of staff kiss-asses who give reputation hoping that mods can see who gave what reputation, in order to become their friends. Mods can see who give them reputation, and mods can award themselves emblems, which I'm sure they do.

That is the reason why moderators and higher-up staff have so much reputation and emblems.

This is partly true.

I also think it is because they do their job and are rewarded...

Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2009
    Does it matter? It's nice to get good reputation, but when it comes to the end of the day, this is just a forum. It's a nice place and it's nice to know when people like you, but it's not something to obsess over if someone has more rep than you. Just enjoy posting and don't sweat it.

Shadow

Original Flavor Darkness
    Years
  • Does it matter? It's nice to get good reputation, but when it comes to the end of the day, this is just a forum. It's a nice place and it's nice to know when people like you, but it's not something to obsess over if someone has more rep than you. Just enjoy posting and don't sweat it.

This.

There are some staff-only emblems, but that's effectively just saying you are/were a staff member. All the other emblems, they have equal chances to get. Moderators cannot give themselves emblems; higher staff can give themselves emblems, but they're the ones running the forum and won't go power crazy with them.

As for reputation, I'm sure a lot of people think what moderators post are right. If they didn't, I'm sure they'd be PMing an admin about the moderator instead of lowering their reputation.

This sort of conspiracy theorist thread really isn't needed, either.

I think Went should get a POWER CRAZY emblem detailing his intents to take over PokéCommunity's emblem business, as some people are obviously paranoid of such a thing happening.

Metatron

No guts, no glory
    Years
  • I think the answer's pretty obvious as to why the staff here always has so much more rep. than just the average user here. People see a staff's post, and just assume that by giving them little rep-points, they're on good terms with that staff member. Let's face it, the general opinion of a moderator here is probably viewed by just the average PC user as having more value than a non-moderator, so they get loaded up with Rep. Ass kissing? Yeah, I think so.

The Rep. system is horribly corrupted. Ever notice how, staff or not, the more popular members here always have a higher reputation score, even if half their posts don't even pull their own weight? The Rep. system should be used to acknowledge a well thought-out post made by someone here, and not just toyed around with like that.

I don't know about emblems. Seeing as staff can just hand those out to themselves, and not have to go through the tedious process of having to apply for them, or make themselves noticed, I really don't see this as much of a surprise.

Ooka

[font=Maven Pro][color=#A75EE2]Cosmic[/color][/fon
    Years
  • Don't you think someone in the moderator position should have a bit of positive rep? I mean, if they deserve to mod the section they're in of course they'll have to post helpful posts that deserve reputation. :/

And as for the emblems, a moderator gets emblems they deserve, same as anyone else.

txteclipse

The Last
    Years
  • In my experience, the mods here are pretty cool. They also probably get more exposure because they are a lot more involved than your average member, what with all their modly duties. So I guess their higher-than-average reputations and emblem acquisitions don't surprise me all that much.

Michii

as in Mishy
    Years
  • Who really cares? Yeah, the staff does tend to get recognized more than members, but that's because they really are different. They're the ones that actually show the qualities that make their posts so standout-ish. The high reputation simply displays the fact that they were picked for a reason. Sure, while they do get reputation from suck ups and people who want to get close to them (if I remember, one staff member got rep for simply posting in the "rate the sig" thread), it's all good. As Twilight Sky already said, some members get just as much rep/as many emblems (if not more) than the mods.

So why fret? There's nothing stopping one from getting reputation but themselves, in my humble opinion. Afterall, the members giving rep don't control what one types in a thread. When push comes to shove, the only thing holding a member back is themselves. :/

Chibi-chan

The Freshmaker!
    Years
  • First of all, no one (for all I know) gives themselves emblems. No one rewards themselves with the drama queen emblem or the otaku emblem (who I still don't know gave me) so...we don't do that. Why would we? It'd ruin the fun of getting an emblem for us anyway, seeing we know what all the emblems are to begin with.

Asking why moderators tend to have higher rep than members is like asking why that person is a moderator to begin with. Moderators are chosen because they are caring people that work to keep the forum a fun, active, and orderly place. It's not just staff that noticed that, members do as well and give them reputation for doing that. Twilight Sky has a bunch of rep. I'm not shouting CONSPIRACY at him. So yeah.

This has gone far enough anyway. I hope I gave some insight.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back