• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Nidoking VS Tyranitar

Nidoking VS Tyranitar

• Nidoking

Votes: 24 42.1%
  • Tyranitar

Votes: 33 57.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lash

Years
  • So, what do you think? Two big badass Pokemon going at it? Nidoking's horn, all of Tyranitar's spikes, and the fact that they both have the ability to learn attacks such as Ice Beam, a battle like this could really go either way.

But, let us see what the public thinks! Post telling who do you think would win, the ground/poison Nidoking, or the rock/dark Tyranitar.

Quick facts

Nidoking-
    4'07" (1.4m)
    136.7 ibs (62kg)

Tyranitar-
    6'07" (2.0m)
    445.3 ibs (202kg)

I say Tyranitar wins this one. Nidoking is strong, but Tyranitar is a little bit bigger, and would probably use it's size to win.
    Though, I say Nidoking would still put up a good fight.

Years
  • Tyranitar by far.

Nidoking is so outclassed by Tyranitar it isn't funny. Tyranitar's stats are far superior in almost everyway except for Speed which he really doesn't need to beat Nidoking. Tyranitar will OHKO Nidoking everytime with Earthquake with the proper training which means an Attack boosting nature like Adamant and 252 EVs in Attack.

Anxiety.

Walking on sunshine.
    Years
  • Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Just to help put some fact behind what you guys say.

Personally, I prefer Tyranitar, he's bigger, heavier and looks more violent. They're both good pokemon, don't get me wrong, but, Tyranitar just cuts it for me.

Last edited:

zZRaoto

rawr?
    Years
    • Seen Oct 10, 2010
    Okay, I get it. Your not basing it on the Pokemon game stats and stuff.

That would be a close match. I would say Nidoking is a bit nimble and would have sort of an upper hand, depending on what attacks the Tyranitar uses.

Let's say the Tyranitar goes in for a Bite attack, Nidoking could dodge and hit it with a Horn Drill or maybe Ice Beam. But then let's say Tyranitar actually gets a hit on Nidoking, it would take a lot of health from it. I would have to say the battle can go anyway depending on the training of the Pokemon.

Kagura

..what?
    Years
  • Without all the technicalities of EV's and all that jazz.. I think Nidoking would definitely put up a good fight. Just next time make sure to clarify if you want EV's and things like that counted or not, and just the Pokemon. Nidoking is indeed very nimble, so it might have some speed advantage, but if Tyranitar gets a few good hits in, it would be over.

My verdict would be Nidoking would win if it was a long drawn out battle. However Tyranitar would win if the battle was short or in a small space.

*throws 2 cents down a well*

Ayselipera

Well in this case seeing as Tyranitar is so much stronger it would most likely win.
    But it also depends on how well each trainer trains the pokemon.

Years
  • Nidoking, in competitive play, one on one, tyranitar would probably boast a babiri berry to prevent getting murdered by scizor
    Nidoking+choice band+brick break=bye bye tyranitar the tyrant and long live the king :)

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    With a Choice Band Nidoking easily wins 1 vs one since it outspeeds and OHKO's with Earthquake. Without a CB Nidoking fails to OHKO and it is OHKO'd in return by tar.

It really depends on the situation and the ev spread/item on each.

Arumus

Insert user title here..
    Years
  • Well it's Tyranitar hands down. But Nidoking is so much cooler don't you think? I feel that Nidoking and Nidoqueen should have a good boost for competitive battling, seeing as they are considered to be strong Pokémon from Kanto in the Anime yet the games don't seem to say the same.

Years
    • Seen May 10, 2011
    nido is a king, hes an old school pkmn, i mean both r great but i lean most for nido king, plus in red he was my one of my power houses

Giraffes? Giraffes!

ラヴィ・ヘッド
    Years
  • Tyranitar. It looks a lot better and it's super powerful :P

Nidoking does deserve to get some respect though, it can use a lot of useful attacks.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back