• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Have you ever wished that you could live in the Pokemon World?

Years
  • *WARNING! UNEXPECTED PHILOSOPHICAL CONTENT AHEAD!*
    I suppose a lot of fans of a lot of things have wondered this. It's really a deep question when you think about it. Many people would say that we are given the opportunity to live in the real world and we should make the most of it. And yet I disagree because maybe we are living in the Pokemon world when we play the games. A game or a book is just text on a page or a bunch of ones and zeroes that interact to create images, but a story is what we divine out of those things. A story is when our mind works off these meaningless things to turn them into a world. When you read a book your mind will become immersed in this world that it is creating, and therefore you observe this world and all that goes in it. Video games are different because they allow you to live in and manipulate this world.
    *END UNEXPECTED PHILISOPHICAL CONTENT!*

But I think we all know that that's not what I'm asking about. What I'm asking is if this world did exist on the physical plane would you rather live in it? If it was me I would enjoy living there if I was born there, but if I had the conscious choice to do so it would be much more enjoyable. The world wouldn't seem as fantastic or exiting if you were raised with the idea of little mice that could summon lightning bolts at will. So what do you think?

AuraAshley

Wê'll §†å¥ £ðrêvêr †hï§ wå¥
    Years
  • you know, sometimes i wish i lived in the pokemon world. well i mean going around battling monster, it seems uber fun actaully.

Ashmi

ლ(́◉◞౪◟◉‵? ??)
    Years
  • I'd like to believe that my life would have a lot more meaning if Pokemon existed.

Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2023
    I honestly have. But not for the same reason as maybe a lot of people would like i dunno but i just absolutely love the idea of being so free. There is peace that our world will almost never acheive. There is loyalty between friends where if they were to be in our world they would see that loyalty be deceit. The idea of being able to rely on your friends so prodomanantly is something i'd love to have. Just being able to travel the world so care free and With so much love. I just wish our world could learn something from it. Cartoons aren't as childish as people think... The way of the pokemon world is a hell of a lot more mature than our world can be...

So yeah i really do wish i was drawn into it sometimes...

Saltare.

Brain bangin'
    Years
  • Honestly? Yes. I've lived with Pokemon forever and I've always dreamed/fantasized about living in the Pokemon World

Vyro

Master Douchelord
    Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2014
    Are you kidding? this world is lame!

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • Sure, it's a lot more exciting than our real world. I for one would love to explore a world that was made just for adventure.

GFA

Mega Blastoise is my homeboy
    Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2018
    ... Yes, but for different reasons. Actually now that I look, pretty much the same reasons as GavZ. They don't have to worry about Nuclear Bombs and Global warming. The Pokemon World wherever it is a Utopia without competition. I disagree with the friendship thing though. They're just a lot harder to find.

Plus, you'd never have to go to the bathroom xD

SuperBob

Professor Bob
    Years
  • Yea, I wish I could live in the Pokemon World because I want see how the world of pokemon is like. XD

Years
    • Seen Oct 5, 2009
    I wish I can live in the pokemon world too. It would be fun to explore the places!

Munch Dog

Growlithe!
    Years
  • Yes, I have. It would be pretty neat to live in a world like that. Being able to see and live with pokemon.

HeartGoldnSoulSilver

is ready for the remakes.
    Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2011
    I've thought about if Pokemon were in this world I thought it would be great then I got thinking, "wow there would be so many fainted pokemon on the ground", "if a criminal got a hold of a strong pokemon...", "what if Pokemon decide not to listen to the human trainers?"

But if you mean the world like the show, I guess I'd say yes, mainly because I want to fly on a Pokemon.

TheAliveTrain

I love *splashes* Magikarps
    Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2009
    ^ He does think. Pokémon world is a kind of utopy. Which "cities" do we have on the Pokémon Games? Goldenrood, Veilstone, Celadon.. not much else. There aren't big cities an poluition and you rarely see a car!

Plus, a 10 year old kid going out at their own? Oh my god thats crazy! He may have 6 Pokémon, who cares, everyone can have 6! And you've never seen (almost never) someone fighting like kicks n punches on the Pokémon World.. have you?
    And LOL flying, you know, I guess anyone would fly on a Skarmory like Winona did on her battle. :|

And when you ask me if I would like to live on the Pokémon World, you mean like the anime, focusing on Pokémon? Everything has Pokémon among it, and you see Pokémon everywhere, and its like an obcession!
    I personally think that no.. it just seems wrong.

I'm not trying to break up minds, this is just my opinion, and I do accept the ones who would like to live in there. But there are thing people can't accept, right?

Anyway if I had to choose somewhere in the PWorld to live, I would choose Goldenrod (the anime one). I like movement :)

Kitty!

mandi
    Years
  • Man, you don't know how BAD.

oh lol. It depresses me so much, knowing that Pokemon is NEVER going to be real. D: D: honestly, that was always my biggest wish ..for Pokemon to be real. I wanted to go on a journey so bad. And I just had this obsession with how the pokeballs worked ..and made that red flash, and came back to you after you threw them. I JUST WANTED THAT SO BAD. xD

Like I remember I would have dreams, and I'd have Pokemon ..and I'd wake up and be searching for my pokeballs ..and I'd get so upset. >>
    such a pain. ahah.
    but yeah, it'd be amazing. <3

SytheXP

Net Labs/UG Founder
    Years
  • Um can't say I havn't at some point wished it...... But havn't most fanboys/girls? Um Until recently I did wanna live in a poke world but then I started thinking how the beach would be no fun with the risk of sharpedo attacks gyarados dragging unsuspecting tourist to a watery demise and a turtle with cannons in its shell being under the water somewhere........ IDK they have their moments. Maybe...... More than likely Id say yea. I mean at least I wouldn't be bored right?

Lance

Umm..yeah,I would love to live there,travel though Pokéarth,capture some Pokés and try to do random stuff. :3

But,nope,we are in reality that I want to refuse.

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
  • I used to when I was younger but now, I realize that the real world is better.

If I could live in a world, it would be the Naruto or Bleach world.

Circa

The Strings of Love.
    Years
  • I really wished i live in the World of Pokemon. It's much enjoyable. ^^ Starting your own Journey. Catching pokemons. Training with them. Making a bond/friendship with them.
    Team Cooperation. Getting Gym Badges/Contest Ribbons. Winning the Grand Festival or the Region League. Oh i really wanna live in the Pokemon World. xD

Back