• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Have you ever wished that you could live in the Pokemon World?

DonRoyale

Get on my choppa!
    Years
    If Pokemon existed, I honestly can't blindly claim "OMFG GOING EVERYWHERE FO SHIZZLE", but I can say the prospect of a journey would be nice.

Step 1: Find a Gligar. (Alternative: Find a Gliscor. Skip steps 2 and 3 in that case.)
    Step 2: Steal Find a Razor Fang.
    Step 3: Wait until 6:00.
    Step 4: Hugs and non-furry love forever.

Everything else is a bonus. =D

Pocchama01

Dark and Psychic Type Trainer
    Years
    If pokemon were real, I would catch an eevee and a ralts. Then after training with my cousin for a while and evolving and capturing other pokemon and stuff, we would go and try to find a darkrai or shaymin or some other legendary pokemon....

Years
    It's my wish to live in the Pokemon World :D Either that, or make Pokemon real!

The first thing I would do is find my 6 fav Pokemon!

Citrinin

Nephrotoxic.
    Years
    Absolutely. At the very least, the superior technology and ability to fight off intruders is nice. XD; As for whether I would become a trainer, that's an interesting question, and I don't have a definite answer for that. It would depend on the dynamics of it, which I imagine are far less glamorous/easy than they would be in the games.

vudw

Nocturnal Insomnia
    Years
    With an 'if' that big, it almost seems possible to be real. Maybe there's an alternate dimension that contains the world of pokemon, or at least some mechanics. I would definitely want to be able to live in such a world, where adventure counters danger and there is so much to learn and explore. I probably wouldn't be a hardcore trainer, but more along the lines of random adventurer with my pokemon partners at my side. Maybe even help some people out along the way.

Really, the world wouldn't be much different, other than how pokemon influence everything, but there is still guns and other things we have here, so just how much would change? It's a lot to think about, but I'd still love to be there.

Feathing

Water Gym Master
    Years
    *WARNING! UNEXPECTED PHILOSOPHICAL CONTENT AHEAD!*
    I suppose a lot of fans of a lot of things have wondered this. It's really a deep question when you think about it. Many people would say that we are given the opportunity to live in the real world and we should make the most of it. And yet I disagree because maybe we are living in the Pokemon world when we play the games. A game or a book is just text on a page or a bunch of ones and zeroes that interact to create images, but a story is what we divine out of those things. A story is when our mind works off these meaningless things to turn them into a world. When you read a book your mind will become immersed in this world that it is creating, and therefore you observe this world and all that goes in it. Video games are different because they allow you to live in and manipulate this world.
    *END UNEXPECTED PHILISOPHICAL CONTENT!*

But I think we all know that that's not what I'm asking about. What I'm asking is if this world did exist on the physical plane would you rather live in it? If it was me I would enjoy living there if I was born there, but if I had the conscious choice to do so it would be much more enjoyable. The world wouldn't seem as fantastic or exiting if you were raised with the idea of little mice that could summon lightning bolts at will. So what do you think?

I really agree with you!!! If the Pokemon World were discovered now.. I'd definetely leave all behind and go running like mad to the Pokemon World XD
    It represents an ideal for me... and ideal of so many things that I could write all night long...
    And, reffering to the unexpected philosophical content, I believe that when you like something like an imaginary world, or an animated character/story... if you really like it, and you feel it like you were there, I think it makes that thing exists. Think about it, Pokemon is ACTUALLY REAL, 'cuase you and me and lots of people love it, and dream with it, and think of it, etc... its real, and it lives in the deep of our souls...

Oh, that last phrase was so cursy xD

invisible-chan

~Pocky Goddess~
    Years
    In all honesty, I would love to live in the Pokemon world. Ten years of imagining and I still wish it were real sometimes. My logical mind wouldn't permit it, however. As appealing as the idea is, my mind can't fully submerge itself into something that would, in our own would, be impossible.

Ecks-Dee

The Hysterical Artifact
    Years
    I would LOVE to live in the Pokemon world!!

But realistically...it wouldn't be good at all. Imagine what bad people could do with the power of pokemon at their hands...the world would be in utter chaos.

Ash~The Purifying Prince~

TLOTPP "Haunting Dreams" 77%
    Years
    You know; I think it would be absolutely awesome to live in the Pokemon world! I'd defiantly want a Pikachu as my very first Pokemon. I remember when my friends and I were younger and we took trips to the beach with our school; we always used to think that Lugia lived in the depths of the ocean, and sometimes we could have sworn we heard its voice, its song voice I mean. But remember some Pokemon are based off real life animals; except those they are based off do not have powers, like Fire, Grass and what not but really when you think about it we sort of already have Pokemon in our world well the animals they are based off anyway. But still it would be great to travel and enjoy life the Pokemon way.

Years
    New(ish) question to spice the thread up.

Where would you live in the Pokemon World if you wanted to go there?

For me it would be Fallbaraor town. You can battle all day at Mt. Chimney, and then when you're done relax in a hot spring. Ah, that's the life.

BakingBluePotatoe

The Red Death Alchemist
    Years
    ...... I remember getting a bit drunk (.....long story....) and thought I had a pet Torchic. xD
    And there where Mudkipz and Pikachuus everywhere. O_O
    xD

Oh yeah, and i coulda sworn I saw a Roselia in a random field on the bus one day. xD

I once had an imaginary Riolu...
    ____

That would've been awesome if all that was real. xD

So yeah, If it was JUST between this world and the Pokemon World... yeah, I'd go off to the Pokemon World. x3
    I'd live somewhere where theres no humans.... *shot'd*

Azumi

★七色に光る女★
    Years
    Of course.

1) You get to travel to places you've never been without parent supervision.
    2) If you suck in getting a job in the real world, being a Pokemon trainer/coordinator/ranger, or even a Pokemon, is a backup plan. Or you could be a ranch owner.

Years
    ya i also keeping dreaming if i could be in pokemon world it would have so much exciting catching and battle with pokemon and their trainers.

Ash~The Purifying Prince~

TLOTPP "Haunting Dreams" 77%
    Years
    New(ish) question to spice the thread up.

Where would you live in the Pokemon World if you wanted to go there?

For me it would be Fallbaraor town. You can battle all day at Mt. Chimney, and then when you're done relax in a hot spring. Ah, that's the life.

Hmm I would have to say possibly either Pallet Town; since it would be a good place to begin a Pokemon journey and its in the Kanto region where the original Pokemon are. Or maybe I'd go for Sunyshore City; I'd love the idea of being near the beach and seeing all the different water Pokemon.

EagleVision1999

Commander
    Years
    Heh, everyone wished for that at one point or another ^^
    So do I. I'd definitely love to get there somehow...I have this idea how the Pokemonworld works and maybe it wouldn't be that impossible for a world like that to exist (not that incredibly friendly and harmless butsomehow similar). Trying to exolain how this world would work is really interesting.
    Uhm...*thinks*...I don't think I'd be a trainer...at least not the bade collecting kind. Maybe contests? I'd be more of a collector and a breeder, and I would travel to catch and to research a little.
    If I had to choose a town to live in it would most likely be Pallet Town or Veridian City. It just has to be KantoXD since I was really into it as a kid and all we've had was Kanto I kinda feel home there XDDD.
    And Pallet Town has a famous professor and it seems quiet and nice there (it's not a big town after all). Maybe you would need to visit Veridian City to go shopping properly^^.
    Awww, one can dream X]

Pokedude45

Pro Trainer and Pokemon Fan
    Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2010
    yer kiding right ever scince i was 5 I had wished that

everytime I throw a coin in a water fountain that is my wish
    that and a cure for my diabetes but whos complaining

PokeMangaObsessed

Panic's new album coming soon~
    Years
    • Seen Aug 23, 2009
    Oh heck yes. That would be epic, even if it would be dangerous.
    I'd love a little Gengar who walks around with me everywhere and Scyther that cuts my hair and a Raichu scampering around everywhere.
    And it'd be fun to explore the regions coughwithGengar,ofcoursecough and challenge gym leaders and such.
    I don't remember how contsest work, so i can't say anything about that. ">_>
    Breeding might be fun, but I might not have the patience to take care of the eggs and other things a caring breeder needs to do.
    And after my pokemon level up a little, and I finish Kanto, I might go back to my home town and help the younger trainers.

Lol, when I was younger, I taped a couple sheets of paper together and drew an Eevee on them and pretended to be a trainer.

Back