• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

(What if) Pokemon bought out by Disney

Kazukii

Banned
Years
    • Seen Dec 2, 2009
    Hehe, this just came into my mind.. not sure if it's been discussed much on here but meh.

So.. can you imagine Pokemon being bought out by Disney? In a similar sense to how Club Penguin was bought out by them? XD;;

Would this make you stop playing? Surely there'd be some Disneytastic changes to the game.

Years
  • Please.. don't. I don't even want to imagine what Disney would to to this wonderful series. they'd probably take EV's away, and then throw Gym Leader Champion Mickey mouse in to spice things up, along with evil team Villain led by Jafar from alladin.

Just.. no..

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2010
    jesus christ i hate you so much, i was terrified. i hate you so much, why do you even put POkemon and Disney in the same sentence? jesus christ

Years
  • I'd rather have the rapidly decreasing creativity we're getting over alot of bad creativity.

Besides the characters' voice cast has already been swapped around too much. Making Miley and the Jonas Brothers the new guys wouldnt help anything.

I dont think it'll ever happen though.

Kazukii

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Dec 2, 2009
    Remember this has been placed in the Video Gaming part so I'm not talking about the animated series of Pokemon.

Years
  • Remember this has been placed in the Video Gaming part so I'm not talking about the animated series of Pokemon.

In which case, it'll never happen.

Unless Disney get into the gaming industry and start to rival Nintendo, Microsoft and Sony, and when that happens I'll be involved in an 'accident' which also involves a 500 foot building.

This post gives me the chance to say you gave me a heart attack by the way. D:

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2010
    In which case, it'll never happen.

Unless Disney get into the gaming industry and start to rival Nintendo, Microsoft and Sony, and when that happens I'll be involved in an 'accident' which also involves a 500 foot building.

This post gives me the chance to say you gave me a heart attack by the way. D:
    youre lucky, i got a stroke and heart attack at the same time

Kazukii

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Dec 2, 2009
    I see it being possible the animated series getting taken over.. Disney would love something like Pokemon so I wouldn't be too suprised if it's the new owner in a decade or so.

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
  • Edited title because that's just causing way too much of a scare, like it or not. Also moved since it wasn't just a topic dealing specifically with the games.

Anywho, I don't see Disney ever touching the Pocket Monster powerhouse. They've got Spiderman now, they don't need anything else.

Hamilton

*Creative Quote Goes Here*
    Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2016
    Nintendo already owns Pokemon- and i'm pretty sure Nintendo wouldn't sell their second most popular franchise- not a very wise decision

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Agreed with Ryan. If they've got Marvel and all their little teeny boppers, they don't need Pokemon. I'm hoping that's the last place they'd look for entertainment. Pokemon would just become more of a laugh to all the haters.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • The only good that could come from this would be a stark improvement in the English dub's VA... XD

Camisado

a therapeutic chain of events
    Years
  • Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear. I haven't been a fan of Disney for a long time. Ever since they started all this live action rubbish. ;D ;D

I won't say "No, Nintendo won't do that" because you qualified it with "what if" and it's quite obvious.

I suppose I'd still play as long as they didn't make GODAWFUL CHANGES to the games, or provide you with Goofy or something as a sidekick. >=(

AlphaMightyena

A Mightyena Fapper
    Years
  • NO!

Don't ever use Disney and Pokemon in the same sentence unless you are telling people not to use Disney and Pokemon in the same sentence.

Real life pokemon?
    I Think the world has just ended.

Niprop

The Fighting Porygon Team
    Years
  • After braving many challenges, Red has finally beaten the Elite 4, making it to the champion. Approaching the room slowly, our hero enters the room in order to complete the final stage of his quest, only to be greeted by...

"Oh gorsh, looks like you made it through everyone! Hehaha! *yulk*"

... ... ...

PalkiaSpace

Panda Hugger <(^_^)>
    Years
  • oh god no... oh dear....

1. don't say the two in the same sentance.
    2. i had a stroke, heart attack, and crapped all over my bedroom terrified. now i'm in feetle position crying.

please, it's best not to think that. if that was real, i would burn every pokemon item i have in my backyard, and tell my parents never to get me anything or mention pokemon again.

if they did that, it would be the biggest screw up in the history of pokemon.

toothfairy

Battling since Blue
    Years
    • Seen Nov 25, 2009
    *just watches as Disney turns the battle frontier into Mickey Mouse Clubhouse*

Back