• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Honchkrow or Staraptor

MechaTrickster

Another person in the world
Years
  • Which did you choose? And which is better? I picked honchkrow because it looked cool :D A clown crow with feathers that make a hat!

Greeeny

Yes, that's three E's.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 29, 2011
    I had a Murkrow on Diamond before I sold it, never got a dusk stone though, I plan on using Murkrow / Honchkrow on my Platinum when it arrives, I just love Johto pokemon so when I found out Murkrow had an evolved form in D/P/Pt I was overjoyed.

NOOOOOOOOO! I'm heartbroken.

Bulbapedia said:
    Missing Pokémon

These Pokémon are unavailable in Platinum. To be obtained they must be traded from the other games of Generation IV or imported from a game from Generation III.
    First on the list? Murkrow. I'll have to wait til' I can migrate and send one over from fire red.

Last edited:

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    I think Staraptor is better on average in battle, but 125 base attack plus great moves like sucker punch, drill peck, and night slash are nothing to laugh at, especially with STAB.
    FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF Honchkrow, because you can't go wrong with pimp crows.

Fate Falls

Pokémon Researcher
    Years
  • I'm not a fan of either, since I think they both look funny, but I think Staraptor looks less silly.

I love ravens, so Honchkow really disappoints me. I wish they could have designed it a lot nicer. It looks like a fat man in a suit and wearing a top hat.

Apostrophe

Everybody do the search dance!
    Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2010
    Staraptor mofokka. It's a natural powerhouse in battle, you don't even need TM's to make it a valuable member to your team.

DonRoyale

Get on my choppa!
    Years
  • Better priority than Arceus?

Yeah, our Big Boss takes this, no problem.

Nasty Plot helps it attacks from both sides, too, something Staraptor can't do.

I mean, Staraptor is cool and all, but everything about Honchkrow (including its odd pink shiny color) is awesome.

Where's the poll, lol?

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
  • To be perfectly honest, I like both of them very much. Staraptor is a pokemon which is really good as it has a high attack and high speed stat. Honchkrow is also good because of its high attack and wide movepool. But, even though staraptor is much faster and might have an edge over honchkrow because of it, I go with Honchkrow. It has been a pokemon which I have grown really fond of after having it in my team for nearly every time I played Diamond! <3

So, I go with Honchkrow. Honchkrow PWNS! XD

EDIT: I also forgot to mention that both their cries are really unique. But I like Honchkrow's more than staraptor! XD

Kazukii

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Dec 2, 2009
    Honchkrow because of it's super gangster, yet smexii look. It's a pretty strong Pokemon too.

Ayselipera

Honchkrow is a wonderful addition to pokemon.
    Staraptor is just... well boring.

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
  • I'm confused as to why we're comparing Staraptor and Honchkrow?! :\ I mean, I'm confused as to how they are similar minus both of them being birds. :\

Anyway...
    Both of them are really good Pokemon. :\ However, since Staraptor is the generic lasts atge of the flying Pokemon found at the beginning of the game, and seems like a clone of Pidgeot (I love Staraptor never the less <3), I'm going to ahve to say Honchkrow. :3 Plus, i really loed Murkrow, especially the blabbermouth one in the Rocket hideout in pokemon Gold\Silver\Crystal. xD However, I've never used Honchkrow, and only Staraptor. :\

ReiXMinako

緑な美奈子
    Years
    • Seen Dec 6, 2016
    I think Staraptor is awesome. It learns Close Combat, which is totally awesome :) hehe

Back