• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

My public building tiles.

The Dewitty

Pixel artist, professional leo
Years
  • Since I decided to practice in another style (my buildings are going to have bigger doors) I decided to make these public. Hope you like it!
    Now, that was what this thread looked like first. Now you'll find here the newest things I've been making lately!

This is my public tileset (Hoenn Remakes) free for everyone to use, with credit.
    Spoiler:

This is my revamped Hoenn Set.
    (Credit to WesleyFG for rocks @ the ground and stumps)

Spoiler:

And for the ones who like them; my old tiles, which I ain't using anymore.

Request's Spoiler Beneath
    Spoiler:

Hope you like it all!

Last edited:

Shikamaru88

Back dont know if I will stay.
    Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2010
    Not bad but you should proabably put these in the resource thread

|Maximus|

I'm back~
    Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2010
    Those are good but some of them look too much of an R/S/E style.

Alucia

Random tile/map artist
    Years
    • She/Her They/Them
    • Seen Mar 19, 2024
    You have a lot of talent and skill, I am loving the emerald revamps very nicely done, you should come over to the calis porjects and post them on there the guys over there will go mad over them.

The Dewitty

Years
  • You think so? I'm making a lot of houses, because I just can't decide what kind of game I want to make. But I don't think I'm good enough already for the Calis Projects.
    But.. just wondering. Would you guys like to see some of my new-style buildings?

Last edited:

Alucia

Random tile/map artist
    Years
    • She/Her They/Them
    • Seen Mar 19, 2024
    You think so? I'm making a lot of houses, because I just can't decide what kind of game I want to make. But I don't think I'm good enough already for the Calis Projects.
    But.. just wondering. Would you guys like to see some of my new-style buildings?

Deffinatley that would be great, I personally think that you are good enough, I mean afterall im one of the projects pixel artists lol

Fraot

Researcher & Game Developer
    Years
  • Good! I was using some RSE tiles and now, if you allow me, I'll enhance my game's style!
    You'll see, I loved that thing of the orange ceiling, like a gate; and also the Sootopolis house as a desert one. And the best for me, the Mosdeep house, the fifth from left to right on the first row.
    Could I use your tiles? (with credits, of course)

Spira

Programmer for Pokemon Eternity
    Years
    • Seen Mar 4, 2023
    House on the left, the chimney appears too close to the top left, maybe should have it more offset like the house on the right. House on the right the roof lines look a bit odd, but I like the building.

For both houses the doors are itty bitty. Maybe would work for Emerald trainer sprites, but not for Diamond and Pearl.

Overall great start. Keep it up.

Peeky Chew

Master of Palettes
    Years
  • The ones in the first post are great! You seem to be better at the "3d" ones than 2d. For the revamps I think the one at the right is fine but needs to maybe be a couple pixels taller under the windows and to make the door a bit taller. The one at the left looks better, you've got the tiling on the roof spot on and the only problem with that is the chimney needing to be moved right, also it taller under the windows too.

Keep up the great work!

Fraot

Years
  • Cool! I really like them. But let me give you just a little tip: from what I see, those houses are like on RSE, a little stretched on the vertical axis. You know what am I talking about? Try to make them on Fire Red/Leaf Green shape style, I'm not sure if you can see what I see.

Great job!!!

The Dewitty

Years
  • Information overload... don't get ya. Actually, I just make a house-shape based on the basic tile-size.
    So I really can't see any RSE comparison.
    And I am not really using a particular style... so I call it Dew Style. ;)

Last edited:

Fraot

Years
  • Uhmmmmm... really? Well, my english is not good enough to explain this but, I can say that ALL the buildings/houses from Ruby, Saphire or Emerald are like vertical rectangles and the Fire Red/Leaf Green ones are squared, and they look better like that: squared.

I may explain you with more details later...

The Dewitty

Years
  • Had to browse what rectangles meant. But, I see what you mean. I think personally they look much better when set in a map or something.
    I just don't want to have all those common Kyledove-style looks, so I made it a bit rectangallish (is that a good English word?)

By the way, I'm already at the Lilycove Houses.
    Greets, Dew

Whoo. Edit. I saw what you mean. To start with, all the roofs are... rectangles. Will edit some of 'em soon.

Last edited:
    Back