• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Dawn/Hikari

what do you think about her

• ugly

Votes: 7 18.4%
  • beautiful

Votes: 5 13.2%
  • cool

Votes: 9 23.7%
  • awesome

Votes: 5 13.2%
  • super cute girl

Votes: 12 31.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • She's kinnda cute.. but whiney.
    I only really started liking her at all when I got into Appealshipping. Zoey seems to make her less irritating, I have no idea how, but kudos to her for it =P
    I guess it's kinnda understandable but.. sometimes you just want her to shush <<;

Semidos

Misty Fan Forever
    Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2014
    Frankly... I really don't like her. She makes me nervous. She is too cute. She makes everything to be super, perfect, cute model. I just hate little, stupid, cute, barbies. I hate such girls. For example Misty isn't cute, but she is beautiful, naturally beautiful, with good character.

I just dislike Dawn because she is not Kasumi/Misty.
    Yes. I agree.

Giratina ♀

what's your sign?
    Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2013
    She's pretty nice. She has a decently developed personality and seems to be able to react to bad situations realistically (Mini BSOD after the Contest fiasco, anyone?). Plus she's actually endurable when she's acting cheery, something May can't quite claim.

I just dislike Dawn because she is not Kasumi/Misty.
    Narrow-minded, much?

ShadowYashi

A secret makes a woman a woman
    Years
  • I second that narrow-minded statement.
    That's just plain rude >:C

So what if she's not Kasumi.
    If she were just like Kasumi, then all we'd hear from fan's like instead of this, is that Hikari is nothing but a cheap imitation and a Kasumi wannabe! Kasumi's beautiful and Hikari's cute? Umm their like perpetually 10 until the writers say so. So Hikari's a bit more childish in appearance and she wears a short skirt so what? Their two different people, no two people look alike! ecept for twins, but even then, their different. Kasumi walked around for three seasons in nothing but a pair of daisy dukes, a shirt, sneakers and suspenders but Hikari is the one who gets called out on being *censored* or whatever because her skirt stops at her hips.

I like Hikari. I like Kasumi and I like Haruka.
    All three are great characters in my opinion none of them is better than the other.
    I just don't get why fans just have to isolate themselves to one character and then bash the other.
    If you don't like her, then you don't like her, but not liking her for her looks or what she wears or how she trains, it just seems retarded. I could see if you didn't like her because of her personality, but not liking Hikari because she's not Kasumi is extremely shallow.

Semidos

Misty Fan Forever
    Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2014
    I second that narrow-minded statement.
    That's just plain rude >:C

So what if she's not Kasumi.
    If she were just like Kasumi, then all we'd hear from fan's like instead of this, is that Hikari is nothing but a cheap imitation and a Kasumi wannabe! Kasumi's beautiful and Hikari's cute? Umm their like perpetually 10 until the writers say so. So Hikari's a bit more childish in appearance and she wears a short skirt so what? Their two different people, no two people look alike! ecept for twins, but even then, their different. Kasumi walked around for three seasons in nothing but a pair of daisy dukes, a shirt, sneakers and suspenders but Hikari is the one who gets called out on being *censored* or whatever because her skirt stops at her hips.

I like Hikari. I like Kasumi and I like Haruka.
    All three are great characters in my opinion none of them is better than the other.
    I just don't get why fans just have to isolate themselves to one character and then bash the other.
    If you don't like her, then you don't like her, but not liking her for her looks or what she wears or how she trains, it just seems retarded. I could see if you didn't like her because of her personality, but not liking Hikari because she's not Kasumi is extremely shallow.
    Lol, nice speech. This thread is to say what you think and feel. I said what I feel and that's all.

PS. It's hard to not bashing in threads like this.

Heather

Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2021
    I think shes cute. In my opinion she looks better than May but I like May better. PErsonality wise I dont like Dawn. Shes just not like May lol. Im so descriptive :/

Giratina ♀

what's your sign?
    Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2013
    I didn't mean to pick a fight by saying that, but not really liking a character because you refuse to let go of Misty/Kasumi is pretty narrow-minded in my opinion. Why? Are you just beng clingy and silently cursing all other female characters because clearly they will never live up to the legacy of the girl with the sideways ponytail?

Years
    • Seen May 20, 2013
    I didn't mean to pick a fight by saying that, but not really liking a character because you refuse to let go of Misty/Kasumi is pretty narrow-minded in my opinion. Why? Are you just beng clingy and silently cursing all other female characters because clearly they will never live up to the legacy of the girl with the sideways ponytail?

I am attached with these females characters although I do not watch alot of anime...

Misty
    Aki Izayoi
    Mai Kujaku

Misty is a highly developed character and I liked her. I suppose she breaks the mold of other female anime characters (Weedle talks about the female anime stereotype) as she does not have large breasts or cleavage (the latter two do) (Also Dawn/Hikari doesn't.)

Misty is not overly feminine, nor she is trying to be a tom-boy.

Azumi

★七色に光る女★
    Years
  • (Why does the poll NOT give me a neutral choice?!)

I don't mind her.
    She's got good character development and stuff, but her whiney personality gets to me.
    Also she has a Piplup- *shot'd*

Years
    • Seen May 20, 2013
    (Why does the poll NOT give me a neutral choice?!)

I don't mind her.
    She's got good character development and stuff, but her whiney personality gets to me.
    Also she has a Piplup- *shot'd*

I think the poll is badly constructed so I didn't vote. I do not like Hikari/Dawn that much, but I would not call her ugly which was the only negative option in the poll.

anyway....Dawn is really totally girly in pokemon world

I just do not like girly, girly... I do not like Mimi in Digimon (who was more of a girly, girly), but I liked Sora's motherly and nuturing influence.

Last edited:

DonRoyale

Get on my choppa!
    Years
  • I just dislike her because she's a ridiculous fanservice character like May. Unlike May, she doesn't have a decent team. And unfortunately, she has a very tired old catchphrase. She's frankly been on my nerves for quite some time.

I hate to jump on bandwagons--it's not my style--but ffs, just bring Misty back. >_>

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back