• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Porygon

Mutt19

Kill confuse ray not golbat
Years
    • Seen Dec 31, 2010
    OK here's the deal I just caught a porygon in pearl I was able to teach it hyperbeam and thunder. I'm starting to think it's one of the awesomest normal types that aren't evolved aren't legendarys and can evolve by far. Even though that is easily proof because most pokemon given those terms are only things like sentret igglybuff and bidoof but I am just asking for an agreement.
    And Also just to add I KNOW that Porygon 2 and Porygon Z is stronger obviously

Last edited:

nidorina

Ash Ketchum groupie~1998♥
    Years
  • Porygon was my favorite Pokemon when I was younger and still is one of my favorites to this day. I think when I was younger I just thought its colors were pretty. ^^'

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Apr 29, 2024
    Yeah, I was thinking about putting a Porygon on my team but he got replaced with Magnezone...

And also

I think Porygon is a pretty cool guy. eh causes seizures and doesn't afraid of anything...
    Anybody else get that reference besides me?
    I get the reference. It's because of that Pokemon Episode "Electric Soldier Porygon" which gave kids in Japan seizures because of the rapidly fast slide change of the color blue and red.

Jijaba

I may seem dark,but I`m nice!
    Years
  • I get the reference. It's because of that Pokemon Episode "Electric Soldier Porygon" which gave kids in Japan seizures because of the rapidly fast slide change of the color blue and red.
    Yeah,over 700 kids got seizures.It was Pikachu`s(I think) Thunderbolt or something.The episode got banned and Pokemon didn`t show for 4 months.

The Roshi

I must become stronger...
    Years
  • Yeah, I was thinking about putting a Porygon on my team but he got replaced with Magnezone...

And also

Yeah I remember that from Serebii's banned episode list.

On topic though, I think that porygon is actually pretty worthless. Porygon2 is definitely the more useful of the three e-pokes. It has greater defensive capabilities and has its own niche. Porygon Z can be replaced by other faster and more powerful sweepers so is kind of... useless. Unless you really want to use porygon z

Niprop

The Fighting Porygon Team
    Years
  • Ah, Porygon, everyone's favorite pokémon! Pikachu can go die in a fia-

Anyways, Porygon is actually quite easy to train once you get the proper move-set, but HOW you want to train your Porygon, depends on your trainer style.

Do I want to train it into a versatile Porygon2, able to show Heatran and Gyarados who's boss? Or do I want to make it into a powerful Porygon-Z, who's Hyper Beam goes unrivaled in power, and Tri-attack is able to 2HKO if not 1HKO the entire (non-ghost) OU?

Porygon in it's base form, though not the strongest poké out there, is definatly not usless. Even at it's low form, it can still learn the moves fully evolved pok
    émon can, it can change type (sure, maybe not to the extent to Arceus, but that's still noteworthy when someone is expecting to wallop you with a fighting move only to get a psychic gon instead), it can change it's ability (Trace is useful, no mater what poké has it), and still has more base-stats then the butterfly/moth gang. It just needs more training.

Anyways, how you raise your Porygon depends on your expertise and skills as a trainer. Do what you think is best, and get out there, and show the world your virtual buddy!

Last edited:
    Years
  • Anybody else get that reference besides me?

I is a pretty cool guy. eh gets the real reference and doesn't afraid of anything.

On topic-ish: Yeah, Porygon and it's evos are unique Pokemon in their own respect. I lean towards Porygon-Z more because it was one of my first EV trained Pokemon when I was new to that whole thing and also because of its beastly special attack.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • If we're going to talk about the Pokemon itself, then this can go to General.

Mutt19

Kill confuse ray not golbat
    Years
    • Seen Dec 31, 2010
    Yeah, I was thinking about putting a Porygon on my team but he got replaced with Magnezone...

And also

Yah his first appeirence in the Series caused some Japanese kids to have seizures it's a fact and I wish porygon got more credit in the anime

Nincada

Please be kind.
    Years
  • The evolutions made it so he wasn't really a polygon anymore, but he does have a cool shiny attack.

DonRoyale

Get on my choppa!
    Years
  • IN B4 NIPR-
    FFFFFFFFFFFF-

Porygon's good, but do Thunderbolt or Discharge (I think it learns Discharge?) over Thunder, and Tri Attack over Hyper Beam. :|

And, as has been said, evolve it lolz >_>
    Otherwise, it will get OHKO'd by Tackle, lmao.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • Porygon has always been a great Pokémon, but the Fourth Generation made it all the better. It does have a wide arrange of attacks, like most Normal types do, and for a first stage in its evolutionary line, it has some really impressive stats. Evolving it would make it all the better, however some still prefer to keep it at its second stage rather than the final stage of evolution because of its defensive status. Regardless, if you were to teach it some moves Tri-Attack and Thunderbolt would be the best to moves to teach it. For one, it is stab (Tri-Attack) and with Download ability, it can do a lot if its Special Attack gets raised.

Anyway, as you can tell there's a lot to say about this one Pokémon.

Back