• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Cannibalism?

Years
  • Cannibalism...what're your thoughts on it?

In case you don't know, Cannibalism means when you eat something of the same species. In this case, a human.

It's illegal, of course, except in New Guinea I think. But anyway, would you eat a person if given the choice, or if you had to?

Anyway, I wouldn't. Who knows what they ate?

So yeah...enjoy.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jun 6, 2017
    Cannibalism...what're your thoughts on it?

In case you don't know, Cannibalism means when you eat a human, aka person.

It's illegal, of course, except in New Guinea I think. But anyway, would you eat a person if given the choice, or if you had to?

Anyway, I wouldn't. Who knows what they ate?

So yeah...enjoy.

Cannibalism means you eat something of the same species, in general.

Cannibalism is disgusting and repulsive. :\ I would probably only change my opinion if I was starving in a post-apocalyptic world.

Years
    • Seen Apr 20, 2010
    At the end of the day, it's just meat. If the person is already dead and there's literally nothing else to eat, then maybe I would. Of course whatever killed them would probably kill me, but meh.

By the time it gets to the point of eating another human being, then chances are I'm too hungry to think straight, so who knows? Maybe I would, maybe I wouldn't. I certainly wouldn't do it just because I can though.

Apparently it tastes like chicken. Just thought I'd throw that out there.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    I cringe at the thought of eating another human being. It makes me think of a pack of wild animals stalking, and eventually attacking their pray. Granted we are animals, I would like to think I'm just a little more civilized and intelligent than that. It's a horrible mental image to have to deal with and something I seem to be thinking about a lot lately. Whenever I eat any meat, I always lose my appetite around mid-meal and start thinking that that's the meat of a human and it's just not something I would like to do. Ever. It's disgusting and repulsive, as t.A.T.u has stated. I'm actually considering becoming a vegetarian due to that, to be honest, but I love my Arby's, so it's going to be so difficult if I decide to go through with it.

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • Ew. Just thinking about it makes me wanna throw up. >_>

In short. NO WAY.

It's disgusting, and inhumane. If I were on a desert island, and the only source of food was another human, I would so defiantly die.

Ugh, now it's stuck in my head. :' (

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    There's better things to eat.
    I could only imagine doing it where no other food is available.

Ayselipera

Overall I would never eat another person unless I absolutely had to. For some odd reason I've always had this thought that people might have the same taste as hot dogs. How weird.

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Nov 9, 2021
    Overall I would never eat another person unless I absolutely had to. For some odd reason I've always had this thought that people might have the same taste as hot dogs. How weird.
    Actually you're close D:
    I've heard that humans taste somewhat like pork D:

...an no, cannibalism is wrong.

Years
  • I'd rather starve to death. I don't think I could even if I wanted. The idea is just too horrid and disgusting.

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
    Years
  • It depends on the context, as with almost all things. Sailors on seafaring vessels are under an unspoken agreement that if they are stranded out at sea, they draw straws and the loser gets eaten, for instance. That is a sad occurrence, but it's tolerable if all parties agree that's how things will work. There are also tribes that eat their dead out of respect so that the family members move on. I see no problems with this at all.

Years
    • Seen Mar 3, 2015
    I don't think I could ever eat meat of another human. o.o It's too deranged for my thought process, and I would rather starve myself and be the one eaten than be the one eating. *gross*

Wolfwhispers

Trainers for Life
    Years
  • I would have no problem eating another person, especially if I was starving. It's not those that have morbid thoughts are the crazy one's, but the one's that don't think on such sinful desire's. I have no problem with saying I've always wondered what it was like to eat a heart.

And anyone who thinks thats gross... watch your back, I have a spork at the ready.

Medli

I am Error.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 28, 2010
    I don't eat meat by choice, so, uh, topic broken?

But if I did eat meat, then I still wouldn't be able to eat another human. I wouldn't become a cannibal just living a normal life, and the only thing that I could think of that would drive me to cannibalism are odd scenarios like, "You're stranded and there is no food left besides your best friend. What are you going to do?"

In that case, I still wouldn't resort to cannibalism. Why? I have a weak stomach. Seeing organs and blood make me feel faint and sick. I don't think I'd be able to, er, cut them up to eat them, as disgusting as that might sound. What? It's the truth.

Swift!

The Swiftiest
    Years
  • Cannibalism is disgusting, I cringe at the thought. I'd never ever even consider it. If there was nothing else to eat, but human meat, I'd let myself starve to death. That's how strongly I feel against it.

Years
    • Seen Mar 12, 2010
    I fed chicken to seagulls once. They loved it. They fought each other over it. (and seagulls fighting over food is hilarious). But I felt a little bad about it hahah.

Charliezard

A wild shroomish appeared!
    Years
  • Would you be at all tempted to eat your arm if it was mangled to the point of amputation? I'd say yes now but I doubt I'd do it, I'm just curious to see what it'd taste like xD
    So yeah, I doubt I'd eat human but damn I'm curious.

Back