• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Do you have a tattoo?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Jan 17, 2011
    Well do you? if so, do you regret it? if not you want one?

I gotta a AFI tattoo and its awesome. on the back of my leg. I always forget about it. loL its odd then i get to looking and im like holy hell i gotta kool tattoo. :)

Theodore Bruno

ADORABLOODTHIRSTY
    Years
    • Seen May 14, 2011
    See, I'm pretty dumb. So there's always a high possibility of regret in my later life if I were to get one.

Last edited:

tehGDS

Grape Soda wut?
    Years
  • Well do you? if so, do you regret it? if not you want one?

I gotta a AFI tattoo and its awesome. on the back of my leg. I always forget about it. loL its odd then i get to looking and im like holy hell i gotta kool tattoo. :)

I want one, a persomn slicing a guy :( and maybe a somethin that says segregation is for dummys!

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
  • I always wanted a panda bear tattoo. I should have it tattooed on my back.

Even though tattoos look cool, it also look like it could hurt. Eh, I'll probably get one when I'm eighteen years old, but that won't be till a while. In the meantime, I'll just enjoy my tattoo-free life. <3

If I were to get one, it would definitely be a dragon & tiger tattoo on the back.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • No tattoos as of now, but I do want some in the future. :D

...they'll most likely be nerdy video game references rather than anything significantly profound. XD

Ayselipera

I'm not a huge fan of tattoos so as of now I don't have any and I don't have any future plans of getting one. If I did ever get one though I'd aim for something small and somewhat simple. Something small on my wrist would be ideal.

perfectmonster

Eggs Are Awesome!
    Years
  • What is the point of grafting some hideous thing onto your body if it hurts and you're going to regret it when you grow old? Tattos are just useless, stupid crap.

Feign

Clain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    Waaait... as second... am I the first person since the OP of saying I have a tattoo? Shame on you tattooless people shame! :P XD (if you're underage, you need parental permission, though I think that is for age 16-17, but I can't remember).

Anyway, my tattoo is a latin quote that I made up myself, and that is written in the matrix font of my own manual design:

"In somnio vivo, in mea domo vera,id est in regno dei, expergiscar."

"I live in a dream, I will wake up in my real home, God's Kingdom."

No I am not overtly religious, I am a Deist. :P XD

And I also want 3-4 more tattoos... I just need the money and the design finalized.

I figure, if you still want the same tattoo from one year after first thinking it, then definitely get it.

In regards to the pain, it depends on where you get it, plus your own threshold from pain. I've got mine on my shoulder (just below), and it felt a bit like pencils stabbing me, but other times just like an eraser pressing against my skin.

Throat

Oldschool pokemon
    Years
  • Well, at first, tattoos were supposed to make you different of most people, but now it's just easier to be different without one.

Feign

Clain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    Well, at first, tattoos were supposed to make you different of most people, but now it's just easier to be different without one.

I'm not sure that is entirely true. I'd assume tattoos were originally used as identifiers, like say you were in a specific clan (basically like how sports teams where different jerseys), then it eventually evolved into art.

After all, there has been a substantial increase in white collar workers sporting tattoos.

Now that is not to say I'd recommend everyone getting a tattoo... It is something that must be seriously thought about. Not just location, but design. And NEVER EVER EVER pick one out of their own catalogue, unless if you are drunk or something...

Ayselipera

Waaait... as second... am I the first person since the OP of saying I have a tattoo? Shame on you tattooless people shame! :P XD (if you're underage, you need parental permission, though I think that is for age 16-17, but I can't remember).

Anyway, my tattoo is a latin quote that I made up myself, and that is written in the matrix font of my own manual design:

"In somnio vivo, in mea domo vera,id est in regno dei, expergiscar."

"I live in a dream, I will wake up in my real home, God's Kingdom."

No I am not overtly religious, I am a Deist. :P XD

And I also want 3-4 more tattoos... I just need the money and the design finalized.

I figure, if you still want the same tattoo from one year after first thinking it, then definitely get it.

In regards to the pain, it depends on where you get it, plus your own threshold from pain. I've got mine on my shoulder (just below), and it felt a bit like pencils stabbing me, but other times just like an eraser pressing against my skin.

I think something like that sounds interesting and different. Especially since it's in Latin. To many people get Chinese or Japanese symbols. Which looks nice, but I feel like it's sort of cliché to get now.

Last edited:

Feign

Clain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    I think something that like sounds interesting and different. Especially since it's in Latin. To many people get Chinese or Japanese symbols. Which looks nice, but I feel like it's sort of cliché to get now.

I see that often at work as well, usually it is the douche bags that have that. The best part is, they're naive, and they don't realize that sometimes the tattoo they are getting either means nothing at all (imagined characters), or means something rude or derogatory ("stupid foreigner" etc).

This was something I got help translating on, and made sure was right, myself.

Basically you'd want to rate a tattoo on how meaningful it would be to you now, and in 20 years (and on).

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
    Years
  • I want one, imma get my grandparents/parents initials somewhere when they die.

reyzn

Years
  • I do, it's of a flower and a hummingbird (not from a catalog). It's located below my right shoulder blade. Didn't hurt as much as I thought it would, only stung when the needle ventured close to my spine.
    No regrets as of now.

bolmy

That guy.
    Years
  • I want a biomech sleeve on my left arm, onto my chest and back. Basically half my upper body.
    I also want the Sentenced logo on my right upper arm.

Sotto Voce

woohoo!!
    Years
  • I don't but I'd like to get one down the road (but I'm not a huge tattoo person...).
    I mean, just think of what it'll look like when you get old and you're skin is saggy aaand, yeah. lol

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
    Years
  • Yes! somethin' I can relate too XD um well as always me being really random I asked my mum if i
    could get one she said 'what would you have it of?' and I said the hyrule symbol,
    she then said No but i'm old enough to get one. my friend he's in a year below me but he's one
    month older than me, he's got a really cool one of a snake on his arm!
    I kind of got the idea after watching one of Pinks concert I saw how many tatoos she had
    and I got inspired by her (I look up to her as a role model, she's a great one too) but I don't think I'll get one now.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back