• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Question: How do i change my User name.

Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    so how do i change my username or who can change my username?

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • You'll have to create a new account as we don't offer name changes any longer.

GlalieX

Ruler of Illusion
    Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2012
    You'll have to create a new account as we don't offer name changes any longer.

Why not?

Not trying to like, fight the system or anything, but what harm do username changes make?

Kevin

kevin del rey
    Years
  • Yeah we don't. Like me, this is my new account. My old one well... I didn't like the username. So I had to make a new one.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • Why not?

Not trying to like, fight the system or anything, but what harm do username changes make?

It's kinda complicated, and there was a thread explaining all about it when the privilege was taken away, but the long and short of it is, it can potentially glitch the database and cause unexpected downtime. D:

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    Why not?

Database errors were much more frequent when username changes were offered to the members, staff, etc. More information can be found here as to why they stopped being offered.

GlalieX

Ruler of Illusion
    Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2012
    Database errors were much more frequent when username changes were offered to the members, staff, etc. More information can be found here as to why they stopped being offered.

Interesting. I have a feeling the name changes causing database errors are caused by the forum having a very high amount of users, along with a very high amount of addons and features. Not that there is anything wrong with that or anything, just a thought. I'm a Global Mod over on a smaller forum and we've never had database errors because of name changes, but we also probably only have a fourth of the users and features PC does.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Smaller forums probably avoid that problem, but since PC is humungo and such, it didn't luck out on it.

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
    Years
  • I have a suggestion (sorry for thread hijacking) but wouldn't it be easier to make an announcement at the top of CQ&F entilted: "Name Changes" explaining that and why we don't have them? That way people wouldn't have to post a name change question thread every other day.

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    I have a suggestion (sorry for thread hijacking) but wouldn't it be easier to make an announcement at the top of CQ&F entilted: "Name Changes" explaining that and why we don't have them? That way people wouldn't have to post a name change question thread every other day.

I second this motion.

It should be added to the FAQ as well.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    ^ I do have agree that there should be a notice some where.
    If only to avoid so many threads here asking about it. D:

Andrea-chan

~In the shadows~
    Years
  • Interesting. I have a feeling the name changes causing database errors are caused by the forum having a very high amount of users, along with a very high amount of addons and features. Not that there is anything wrong with that or anything, just a thought. I'm a Global Mod over on a smaller forum and we've never had database errors because of name changes, but we also probably only have a fourth of the users and features PC does.
    Well, it's not really due to addons. It was due to the amount of places people had their names. When someone's name was changed it wasn't just only on a post (even then many many members have thousands and thousands of posts), but it was also blog posts, PMs, and VMs that were also changed. Even people who's only been around for a short while adds up.
    We didn't stop because it was killing PC that very day (even if we'd have major DB errors), but it was down the line that we looked at.

I have a suggestion (sorry for thread hijacking) but wouldn't it be easier to make an announcement at the top of CQ&F entilted: "Name Changes" explaining that and why we don't have them? That way people wouldn't have to post a name change question thread every other day.
    Would do very little good. People are still going to ask about them, still start threads about them and so on. Just like people still post threads in here about Pokemon stuff, when it clearly says "(Please do not use this forum for questions not relating to PokéCommunity!)". Or how people were asked to search for a name before posting in the name change thread. Having an announcement or a stuck thread will do little.

Years
    • Seen Dec 4, 2010
    just delete this account and make another. Because you can't change your account name in any community.

Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    Alright thanks guys.
    i thought i could change it coz wen i was last here we could but OK ill make a new a account.

Back