• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Did your parents tell you bedtime stories when you were little?

Did your parents tell you bedtime stories when you were little?

• Yes they did!

Votes: 13 54.2%
  • No they did not!

Votes: 11 45.8%
  • My parents still tell me bedtime stories!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Jolene

Your huckleberry friend
Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Apr 18, 2024
    Did your parents tell you stories at bedtime when you were little? My daddy used to tell me stories every night! Mostly he read them from books but sometimes he made them up himself. I especially liked the stories he made up because they were about me except I was older in the stories and a princess and I could travel in time. I used to meet lots of famous people from time!

Cold Fusion

When you laugh, you gain luck.
    Years
  • Indeed they did, they did every night and if I had a nightmare I'd get two. :D They used to read to me picture books most of the time, but there would be the every so often occasion where they'd just make up one and let me hear it. I was very fond of them.

shot571

Not really bedtime stories. Just the occasional story here and there :s.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 4, 2018
    I'm not even sure, but I remember being put to bed by my Mom with a random story every night, of course I was young. Sometimes my sister would even read stories, however today I don't need any of this story time, I've grown out of it.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • My mom or dad used to read a book to my bro and I every night, but then we started the Harry Potter series and only got one or two chapters per night.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • My mom used to read stories to me when I was real little, but that was a loong time ago. XD

Ayselipera

Awhh I'm actually glad you asked this question. It brings back a lot of memories! :)

My parents almost always read a book to me before I went to bed. When I was younger I had tons of picture books and I mean enough to fill a bin. My mom used to order them off shopping channels while others were handed down. About every night I would look through the books and pick out a couple and either my mom or my dad would read them to me.

A couple years ago I ended up giving away almost all the books to a book donation for children who didn't have any of their own. It was kind of sad, but I'm much older now so I didn't see the point of hanging on to them. Plus in the end they got passed down to kids who probably really enjoyed them. Although I did end up keeping a few favorites.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • A very long time ago. I remember I had no say in what was read to me. They read me some fictional fairy tale when I wanted them to read me something off their IRS tax forms or the operations manual that came with their VCR. Those fictional fairy tales scarred me for life... don't ask.

Saitou

Years
    • Seen Aug 18, 2014
    No, never. I hate someone reading stories for me, since I get bored. They used to read stories for my little sister and they still do I think and she enjoys them. I don't know, but if someone reads something to me, I fall asleep in a second.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
  • My mum read Rahl Dahl books to me and my little sister. Still remember her doing all of the characters voices differently xD

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    Yes, but only if I told them to. D:
    I had to nag my parents to tell me stories when I was little. And they repeated some stories, and it was really boring. ;_;

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    My parents didn't. But whenever my grandma came over she would. And she would have lots to tell about her childhood and I loved hearing about them.

Years
  • If they did, it was when I was really young, and thus I don't remember it. Seeing my sister read to her son at bedtime, sometimes I wonder if I missed out on something special. </3

...ah, well.

Shnappy

First-ever pants pokemon
    Years
  • Yessiree, my sister and I got read a story every night. But my dad always contorted them and made them funny. XD

But being read bedtime stories when you're little is actually a good thing. It improves your reading and writing ability later in life, no lie. =)

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    No they didn't, I think they were concerned with other things most of the time, which is understandable.
    I had audiobooks instead. I'd much rather listen to Stephen Fry read Harry Potter to me, or Ian McKellen reading Wolf Brother, those two were the best.
    I've been reading myself since I was about 5 anyway.

Last edited:
    Back