• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How do you identify with your username?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Do you remember your first username you may have registered years ago or maybe just a few days ago? Originally, what spurred you to create the username? Did you revert back to it when name changes had a final request period? If so, why? What significance does that username have to you? Is it because it was your first username online anywhere - so you want to hold onto it for nostalgia reasons? Or maybe you just thought it sounded nice, or something along those lines. If you didn't change back to it, why not? Were you afraid that people would remember your past and treat you differently due to that, or maybe in general the name just appeared to be "noobish" so you didn't want to embarrass yourself? If this is your only username you've ever had and you were around before the end of name changes, why did you keep it in the first place and now even, for those who weren't around then, why haven't you made a new account to change names? Or, the username you have now, that you may not have had in the past, why do you like it and does it represent you?

How about usernames in general, do online usernames even matter to you? Would you be fine if vB/PC didn't allow you to have usernames and instead everyone knew each other by their userid?

Share how you feel about your username. :)

Personally, my first username was "simpsonqueen" and in a way, I sort of miss it. By the time final name changes came around, I became attached to "Forever" and that represented me. That represented who I was and how I changed, in a way. It also represented my favourite song, Forever. However, I couldn't go back to simpsonqueen, even if name changes were still around, my life has changed too much to... be that person. I enjoyed the username while I had it, but it's better without it now. I should probably put that on an alternate account, though. Though. yeah I just wouldn't want the username again.

My userid isn't that bad, since it ends with three numbers that are the same, but I'd hate to go around memorising userids for everyone, so usernames are much easier for me to identify with. If that had to be done though, I guess I would just deal with it, although I wouldn't like it.

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
  • I have never changed username, I just used my name from GPX Plus, so I can be identified on both accounts. Nothing really spurred my name, it was just random one that I thought up on the spot.

Aizuke

[b]long sword style[/b]
    Years
  • The first ever username I used was ShadowMightyena_001.

Shadow was because I liked that name for some reason, I even named my cat called Shadow. The idea came from the show Zoids, where one of the little robot dragons was called Shadow and he was my favourite. Mightyena came to me because back in 04, Mightyena was my favourite pokemon, although now it's not really ontop of my favourite's list. And as for the number 001, I guess it was just a number I liked. Pretty much everything back then I had 001 at the end of it.

As for now.. The usernames I pretty much use and people can identify myself with is Aizuke. Although I do use Cirrusaliosa quite a lot, Aizuke was my first identification, because it was the name of my so called online persona. I would feel kinda odd using my real name as my username. And everyone associated with me being Aizuke, so sticking with it is an easier option.

I think usernames are pretty important, it would be kinda weird to go around without having a name to associate yourself with. I guess usernames are a way to express yourself online. Just like when people have "so and so's number fan" or name themselves after one of their favourite characters. I guess this helps others to identify what someone elses interests are.

I, personally, wouldn't like to be associated by just a number. Because with a name, comes a lot more personality and unique-ness.

Years
    • Age 31
    • AU
    • Seen Feb 18, 2023
    My original username was 'Dragon-Ryder' because I was inspired by neondragon and one of my friends myspace somethings was death ryder so I stole it. I still use it on one account; DeviantArt. Although, really I want to change it since it sounds so 12 year oldy, since i made it when I was like.. 12. But I guess it keeps me a little nostalgic and reminds me every time I go on that I began with dragons and stuff.

Nowadays, I usually stick with either Maddaye, Skymin or sheimi. My older usernames are usually based off my name but since I really like skymin, I like my username now. I tried to go with a permanent username of melonCHOLiX but it looks so teenagery to me now so... yeah.

Skymin it is.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • My very first internet username was "tmbjr", which I originally made when I opened my first email account when I was thirteen by adjoining my three initials to the abbreviation jr. that denotes that I share the same name as my father. XD

Even though I used it when I first showed up at PC and came to be rather infamous with it, I wouldn't ever go back to using it as I think it makes me look like a total n00b. Not that my current standard username is any better...I just added vowels to my original one to make a pronounceable word...but it sure does sound a lot more creative than it really is, and it's something that is uniquely mine. :D

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I chose the name "PlatinumDude" as my first username when I registered in Bulbagarden (back then, I was into Pokemon Platinum), and never bothered to change it. Now that I'm banned there, I decided to carry that name on over here.

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    My first username, I think was CelebiXD. I can't be bothered to take a look.
    It was an on the spot call when I first joined PC, two years ago. It's definitely not unique or creative, and it just hit me at the time XD. Celebi happens to be one of my most favorite pokemon, but I don't know where the 'XD' spurred out of. I used to change my names quite frequently, not being content with any of them. But when we were given the privilege to change our name for the last time, I just made a decision to stick with 'Binary'. It's supposed to reflect a little bit of my character, although I doubt that anybody would understand.

Online usernames don't generally matter to me, but it feels good to have a name that reflects a little bit of yourself. It's what everyone calls you by, so it's pretty important. So Binary's what I'm sticking with ATM. C:

I don't like the idea of userid's. Usernames are much more easier and conveys some, even if only a little, meaning.

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
  • -Lapras- because i like Lapras i guess. Not very creative i know.

I'm considering changing to KeiranShikari as i am on most other sites.

A Pixy

Cruel?
    Years
  • Do you remember your first username you may have registered years ago or maybe just a few days ago?

Mystery Treecko.

Originally, what spurred you to create the username?

I liked Treecko and the word 'Mystery' sounded cool to a 10 year old me. o3o

Did you revert back to it when name changes had a final request period?

Nope.

If so, why?

N/A

What significance does that username have to you?

None really. It's just something a younger me pulled out of his nose.

Is it because it was your first username online anywhere - so you want to hold onto it for nostalgia reasons? Or maybe you just thought it sounded nice, or something along those lines.

N/A

If you didn't change back to it, why not?

Because 'THAT WONDERFUL PIXY GUY!' is me in a nut-shell. o3o

Were you afraid that people would remember your past and treat you differently due to that, or maybe in general the name just appeared to be "noobish" so you didn't want to embarrass yourself?

This name is more n00bish than that one. o3o

If this is your only username you've ever had and you were around before the end of name changes?

Nope, I was around during the Todoroki Is disaster.

Best.

Prank.

Ever.

Why did you keep it in the first place and now even, for those who weren't around then?

N/A

Why haven't you made a new account to change names?

Because that 2007 Join Date is too pretty. o3o

Or, the username you have now, that you may not have had in the past, why do you like it and does it represent you?

THAT WONDERFUL PIXY GUY!

Let's examine it. n_n

1. It's in CAPS LOCK, I regularly abuse CAPS LOCK for fun. For unfunny lolz and other things.

2. It's an in-joke, so whenever I look at it, I remember all the good times I've had at that place I lurk Don't Let The Mod Say Anything.

3. It generally looks n00bish. I do that because I come here to have fun and I'm not gonna have a general, bland username like 'Pixy', I want something people can remember, even if they're remembering it for the wrong reasons. o3o

How about usernames in general, do online usernames even matter to you?

Yes. They're the first thing people see of you. You have to make a first impression that will show how you are.

Would you be fine if vB/PC didn't allow you to have usernames and instead everyone knew each other by their userid?

D:

;_;

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    When I joined PC, my identity was already established as BinaryPeaches, so that's not 'nuff of a story. So instead, I'll go back to my very first username countless years back, Mew20. Which... isn't too much of a story either, to be honest. Really... I liked Mew and 20 was just a random number that I chose to stick at the end of the 'Mew'. Didn't have that identity for long, luckily, as soon I went and got the identities that I had for several years: SuicuneAngel, and MuddyKippy

But, haha, I don't want to bore everyone with the stories on my usernames, as that's not what we're being asked (maybe some other day, folks). I do say that maybe one day, I'll be dorkish enough to actually go back to these usernames, perhaps have alts and such. However, I've been mostly identified as BinaryPeaches with pretty much everywhere that I go, and that is even what I like to identify myself as. As far as my usernames go, it's the one that I have enjoyed using the most, especially for it's uniqueness and the story that it behind the username itself. I'm not going to find myself making a new account for a new main for... several reasons. The main reason, though, is because of the fact that I will forever enjoy this username of mine, as while my favorite fruit isn't Peaches, and while I don't really talk to the person who came up with the username with me, I'd like to say that I've met so many people with this name itself, even more so than with my old usernames. getting rid of this username would bring myself to be dropping a big part of my life, and while it may be for better or for worse, I'd rather not do so.

Usernames pretty much show us who we are, and I find them to be quite important. In the past, no one called me by my real name, like they do today. They associated with me by an abbreviation of my username, and that's how we all knew each other really. Even today, while more people are called by their real names at times, there are those plenty of people who we associate with usernames. With this, I would much rather have an actual, unique username that I can identify myself with, rather than a simple username that anyone can take on a forum. Have you seen any other BinaryPeaches around? I haven't; it's always open whenever I sign up for anything.

With that said, I would like to say that I would hate the idea of having to identify people with userIDs. While mine is pretty easy to remember (102101), others won't be. If I met anyone with perhaps... 183271. . . chances are I'll forget them in no time, and would have to rely on the things around them, such as their signature, or their avatar, and due to the fact that people change them all the time, I'd rather now, you know. So yes, I would much rather identify people by usernames (even if they name numbers) rather than userIDs (which is... all numbers).

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    Well, my first username was 'percentage%'. I was doing some math hw when I joined this site and did some equations dealing with percentage so I named myself that o.o

Zeffy

g'day
    Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2024
    UltimaZelfier was the first username I used. I used it first on PC, and other sites.

I don't know really, I just randomly thought up a name and eventually the WOFZers called me Zeffy and it became Zeffy. XD;

I also identify others by their usernames, so someone with hard to remember usernames (perhaps like 09826614898238492) then I would really easily forget them. XD

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Do you remember your first username you may have registered years ago or maybe just a few days ago?
    Yes, I do. My first username on the internet was my full name with the number 7 at the end, because I was unoriginal and 7 was my favorite number at the time. My first username on PC was lettursnnumburs.

My original username? The first site I joined was The Sims 2 site, and I needed a username in order to access most of the features on the site. What made me make the username there was because I couldn't think of anything and that was the first thing that came to mind... blah. Here, for lettursnnumburs, I had a friend who's username I absolutely adored and his email address at the time had numbur in it. I made a matching one with lettur in mine and then I just combined the two for my username.

Obviously, I did not.

No significance whatsoever.

Because I was too attached to Patchisou Yutohru. Sometimes I wonder if I went back to Lettursnnumburs how it would make anything different, but it's really not that important in the big picture.

Were you afraid that people would remember your past and treat you differently due to that, or maybe in general the name just appeared to be "noobish" so you didn't want to embarrass yourself?
    I never had a bad past on here under my original username.

If this is your only username you've ever had and you were around before the end of name changes?
    My username history here: lettursnnumburs -> Lettursnnumburs -> Aurapostle -> Patchisou Yutohru -> Abercrombie -> Patchisou Yutohru -> Aladdin -> Romanesque -> Patchisou Yutohru

Look at the color of my name... then take a guess.

Or, the username you have now, that you may not have had in the past, why do you like it and does it represent you?
    I've had this username in the past.

They do when I want a new one. I used to make new accounts everytime I thought of a good username. I never actually used them, though, so they're more of a nameholder than anything.

Would you be fine if vB/PC didn't allow you to have usernames and instead everyone knew each other by their userid?
    Seems like it would be much harder to recognize people by that...

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • Do you remember your first username you may have registered years ago or maybe just a few days ago?
    Yes, but I'd rather not relive the horrible memories associated with that username.

It was based on my favorite Pokemon and my favorite prime number. It was carried over from other forums, where I would subsequently have some horrific, life-scarring experiences.

Oh heck, no.

It's something I'm trying to forget about and move on from.

I changed it initially to change my identity on here and to distance myself from who I used to be on those other sites.

My worry was that people from those other forums who harassed and abused me would remember my past.

Just from my original to my current name.

I'm too lazy. And if I did, it sure as heck wouldn't be my original username. Plus I like mine.

It sounds cool and references one of my favorite cars in it. Thus, I think it's a better representation of who I want to be on PC.

Somewhat. I do have some ideas for some good usernames, and I might create placeholder accounts for them and link them to my main one here.

I wouldn't be able to tell people apart that way :O Plus there are some pretty creative usernames on here.

Chikara

ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
    Years
  • We're... just gonna go with when my username was Chikara, okay? n_n

Do you remember your first username you may have registered years ago or maybe just a few days ago?
    The first username I had that I really liked was Chikara. I had it about... maybe a year or two ago?

I forget. I liked the meaning of it. It means "power" and that meant a lot to me at the time B|a

LMFAO LIKE 4 TIMES...................

If so, why? What significance does that username have to you?
    i loved that name i want it back

Is it because it was your first username online anywhere - so you want to hold onto it for nostalgia reasons?
    no, because it was pretty, the meaning was cool, and because everyone knew me by that or a nickname coming off from that.

Or maybe you just thought it sounded nice, or something along those lines.
    yeah, that.

I did ewe

I wasn't noobish with I had the name, or at least I don't think I was. I don't think anyone would treat me different, no. Not make people even remember me here anyway so n_n

I DONT FEEL LIKE ANSWERING ANY MORE /FLIPS A TABLE
    but yeah. Chikara, Sorairo, and Naoki were my three favorite usernames. But Chikara kinda took the cake.

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2013
    that would be my current username

just something that came to mind

mos definitely

it is the embodiment of the freedom of expression i advocate, even in its most offensive forms! really it's nothing i put too much thought into, i didn't think i'd actually become an active member.

while i've apparently become "notorious" for a few things and maybe a few people don't like me for one trivial reason or another, that hasn't fazed me enough to make me want to change my e-identity.

once upon a time Scarf and i had username ideas and decided to implement them, we changed them probably a month before the name-changing privilege termination. i changed mine to spacecub, but i just couldn't let go of poopnoodle so i switched back.

i did make an alt named Space Cub for whatever reason but i'm not going to use it

i like the creative opportunities usernames allow, it gives people a chance to set themselves apart from other users, and in a nutshell sort of define themselves. obviously usernames are a superficial basis on which to judge a person, but a lot can be said for what people choose to identify themselves with. so yeah, 'spose they're important.

that would be confusing and i'd feel like a member of a society of robots

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
    Yep. That would be TheSmartOne .

Um… I was a egotistic 10-year-old with no internet experience whatsoever, and thought myself smarter than everyone. (Wow, stupid noob was I XD)

No… I was not around during name changes at all. D:

It's the first I ever used.

Look at the join date. How could I ever change accounts?

Why do you like it and does it represent you?
    I hate this username and things that it went though long ago. But I at least feel that I am justified in using it now. It represents me in that I've used this name all over the 'net, just 'cause I can remember it. :P

Do online usernames even matter to you?
    I like usernames. They help me identify others, and myself to others.

Nuuu. A mess of numbers… D:

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • I don't think I'll ever forget my original username on here; Sceptile16. At the time I was pretty new to forums, and wasn't the most creative person. Sceptile was my favorite starter from Generation III and I was sixteen years old when I joined. I basically put the two together and ran with it. Unfortunately, I didn't last long with that username or the account. So, obviously, I never reverted back to it as I found it unoriginal and noobish (which is what I was). If I had to signify that username in anyway, it would probably be the username that brought me here. Other than that, it was nothing special. Hence why never went back to Sceptile16.

If anything, I'm ashamed at how much of a noob I was when I first joined. However, we all start off somewhere, and that was where I began here. I'm not embarrassed of it at all though. I never did anything that would make me feel that way in the past. On a quiet day, I would usually lurk my old account and laugh at how I used to act or do things around here. It shows me how much I grew up since then, and I feel proud because of it.

On PC, I've had three main accounts. Sceptile16 was the first, which I only stayed with for a month. So, it never had a username history. My second account, and one that I used for a very long time was Quick_Kid. This has quite the username history from Quick_Kid > f l a s h > Aero. > Kyone. After feeling for a fresh start, I left that account simply as a placeholder for the name. Which is when I re-joined with Let's Get Lost Together. during Summer of last year. From there on I was Let's Get Lost Together. > Hiiro > Sydian > Hiiro.

Sydian was the username I had right when name changes came to an end. Unfortunately, I was promoted to a moderator at that time and it became confusing with SilverSmeargleSplatter, who also had that username before and used Syd as her recognized alias. So, I reverted back to Hiiro and decided to remain a Hiiro.

I can't make a new account for a name change because of my current position and neither would I want to. Just recently though, I have created an alt that I go on every now and then just to test new profile colors, lurk, and remember what it's like being a regular.

Overall though, Hiiro is just the name for me.

When it comes to usernames online, they matter when it's for me. I don't want something too easy, and I don't want something too hard. I like having a sense of creativity when it comes to my usernames. It's probably the reason why I've changed it so much in the past. Now though, I'm pretty set; I have to be.

Usernames identified by ID over an individual persona? Life would suck after that. >___>;

Ayselipera

Well PC wise my first username was Autumn27, but I only had it for about four months and then changed it to Ayselipera. Autumn27 was really just a test out username. I never thought I would be here long.

At the time my plan was to go by the name Autumn because I just didn't want to make my real name known. I've since gotten over that, but at the time I was seriously afraid of someone in real life finding me here.

Nope. Like I said Autumn27 was just blah.

No significance whatsoever. Ayselipera on the other hand means a lot to me. It's the only online identity I've ever had that I feel truly attached to.

I pretty much already answered that question. At the time when usernames were becoming final though I was dead set on changing Ayselipera to another name. I even posted in the final username change thread. Weirdly enough the night after I posted my name change I had a dream that I signed on with my *new* username and hated it. So when I woke up I quickly went back and changed it. :)

No, not really.

On here it's only one of two.

I did make an alt, but I never use it.

Depends where I am. I ended up really sticking around here so yes my username really matters to me. I tend to take notice of others too and I really see them as their username.

It would be a little confusing at first, but I think I could get the hang of it.

Back