• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Issue: Want to double post

Years
  • Whenever I write a reply, it loads for sometimes, then an error message comes up saying I can't post for another 60 seconds, my reply gets posted though, but it's like I'm trying to double post it by clicking submit twice, however, I only click it once. Any idea of why it is like this?

Or could it be my browser that is messing with this? I use firefox, newest version.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
  • You're not the only one, mine does this to, but not all the time. Most of the time it will happen, but I get the odd time when it doesn't. It's not a huge problem but can become a pain. \: I'm using Chrome.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Like donavannj said, it's been going on for quite a while now. Unfortunately no solution has been found yet, so if you find it too annoying, press the "reply" button and write your posts there instead of using the quick reply box.

Um, I was writing another solution here too but now I'm suddenly not sure it works...

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    Like donavannj said, it's been going on for quite a while now. Unfortunately no solution has been found yet, so if you find it too annoying, press the "reply" button and write your posts there instead of using the quick reply box.

Even when using the Post Reply button and not the Quick Reply box I still get this sometimes. ;x

It's just something you'll probably have to deal with, for now. :(

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    For mods, it's even more annoying. Since we don't have flood control in our own forums, we make unintentional double posts very often.

What I was going to write, anyways, was that when I press "post quick reply" and it suddenly takes more than a few seconds to post, I instantly refresh the page and usually manage to get back to the page where a single post can be seen. But I'm not sure that works all the time either.

EDIT: I think it worked now :p

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
  • It also works if you close the tab a few seconds after clicking the post button XD

I'm used to it already, I doublepost in every single board, all the time XD

Years
  • From what I have seen, it is when you press 'enter' in a post.

So I have just entered my paragraph there and that is when I get the double post message. One way I have found around it is, if you type your reply as normal in the quick reply box, then click 'Go Advanced' to bring you to the normal posting screen, you reply will already have been brought over, then just click post and no more double posting messages!​

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Wow, Will, that's actually true. Hadn't tried that before. Too bad I often write too long posts to not press ENTER xD

Years
  • It doesn't bother me that much actually. I was just wondering and thought I would report it if you wanted to know. But I see that I'm not the only one having it.

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
    Years
  • I'm mostly experiencing it when I'm posting from my iPhone, but it's probably easier to accidently double post from iPods, iPhones etc...
    I've never actually experienced it while using the computer, sooo.. >_<

Edit: I just realised that it's because I never press enter when I post >_<

Last edited:

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    At this point, it would be unfair for anyone to get infracted for double posting.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    At this point, it would be unfair for anyone to get infracted for double posting.

This bug as we know it shouldn't make normal members double post, as there is a flood control time to prevent people from posting too often. Only staff would double post since it's removed for them. Or are you accidentally double posting very often as well?

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
    Years
  • I think all normal members have (Hence the guy who posted this)

I hardly experience this now-a-days, hard to believe its quite common. I mean if its the same post / same time; I doubt they'll get infracted.
    /if so, then staff should too ;3

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    It doesn't ever actually double post for me because we have that flood limit, but it does always alert me that I'm apparently trying to post again. ;/

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    It doesn't ever actually double post for me because we have that flood limit, but it does always alert me that I'm apparently trying to post again. ;/

This is what's happening to me, too. It happens a lot.

Renii

Se(Renii)ty
    Years
  • This hasn't happened to me ever, not even when I press enter during posts.

Not even on the alt, in case you noticed the post count and don't think that my post matters.

Rukario

Banned
    Years
  • its some how directly related to the ajax post (qr usually) javascript and how your comp/browser processes it.

No one is immune and until we find out the cause, its just another one of those annoying things we need to watch out for.

Back