• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Move Tutors

Do you want move tutors back?

• Yes

Votes: 14 87.5%
  • No

Votes: 2 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

2Cool4Mewtwo

Pwning in Ubers since 1996.
Years
  • I was honestly looking forward to this game with lots of move tutors, but the moves tutors in these games are very limited and exclusive, with 2 of them currently being unavailable. Are you satisfied with move tutors that there are in this game now? Or did you expect more?

[POLL EDIT] Were you left unhappy with move tutors in these games?

Last edited:

Pikachu-dance!

Tepig, Snivy, Oshawott :)
    Years
  • well... two of the move tutors only teach the starters so i guess not :L but to be honest i never really used the move tutors much in previous generations so :L but the moves the move tutors teach in Black and White are pretty good :)

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2011
    I was left unhappy, but hopefully if they bring a third version out it will have more diverse move tutors, much like Gen IV games.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    I'm happy that they got rid of the large list of Move tutors. Never like them.

What two Move tutor's weren't included?

Mellota's Ancient Song and Victini's V-Generate?

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I'm happy that they got rid of the large list of Move tutors. Never like them.

What two Move tutor's weren't included?

Mellota's Ancient Song and Victini's V-Generate?
    First one yes, second one, no because the second one is from an event Victini. The second unmentioned tutor move is Keldeo's Secret Sword.

Anyway, I wasn't happy with the move tutor lineup in B/W because of how the Pledges are only useful in multi battles and the elemental Hyper Beams are too situational. The only move tutor(s) I found useful were Drayden/Iris because they teach Draco Meteor. That, and I was also annoyed that the TMs that lost TM status (Giga Drain, Drain Punch, Focus Punch) didn't make it as tutor moves (that might change with the third game).

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
  • I really didn't care for Pokemon move tutors but just by looking at them are simply horrible, they favor the final evolutions and the legendaries. But at least the Pokemon company for Black and White make up for it by using the TM's more than once.

:t354:TG

Years
    • Seen Sep 22, 2016
    They may have reduced the amount of Move Tutors or their ability to teach moves because of the fact that they have made TMs an unlimited use item, which I love.

I guess it's also because it makes needing the previous Gen games and another system more necessary in order to get those badly needed egg moves. Money is always a good incentive.

boyblunder

[span=“background:#dc4b3 8 url('https://i.imgur.co
    Years
  • I accepted and wish there were.
    I need to learn substitute.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • I don't mind that there were fewer Move Tutors, but the ones that were still there taught really sucky moves. The pledges are useless since I have no intention of using more than one of the starters, the elemental Hyper Beams are just as meh as the standard issue Hyper Beam, and Draco Meteor has at most two effective uses if you attach a White Herb.

They're all meh moves.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
    Years
  • As Pokeswimmer said, they just do this so we have more reason to buy the third instalment of the games, that is why we don't have things like gym leader rematches, battle frontier, etc. It will just be a selling point for the third game. I wanted them though.

Back