• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Selling Yourself

Years
  • Let's say it was possible to take abstract things about yourself and sell them. Once sold you would not have access to whatever it is again. So if you sold memories it would be as if you had amnesia for everything you sold or if you sold your fertility you'd never be able to have biological children in any way (because you're selling a concept, not a physical thing like cells). Would you sell anything and if you would what would it be and what would you ask for it in return?

And to put this question in reverse: if you could buy something abstract from another person what would it be and what would you pay for it?

(If you're confused I'm talking about things like memories, emotions, sense of humor, health, a year of life, an identity, skills, and so on.)

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    How much are we talking about getting here?

I'd still sell my fertility regardless.

Ayselipera

I would sell my fertility in a heartbeat. I have no intentions of having children and I figure there are so many people out there who would love to have children, but can't so I wouldn't have any problem giving it away. I'd honestly give it away for free this very second if I could.

In reverse I wouldn't mind buying a certain skill from someone. For example I wish I could sing or just become a natural at playing an instrument. So a skill/fertility trade could work there. Otherwise I don't think I would trade anything else I have and I wouldn't pay any ridiculous amount for a skill.

-Jared-

Certified Responsible Adult
    Years
  • I swear I am not trying to over think this, or outsmart anybody, but could I sell my memories about a video game, so that somebody else could know about the game without playing it, and then go back and play the game to regain them? If so, I would totally do that. XD Or course, in that case, the person could go BUY the game and gain the info themselves, soooo....XD

Also, I would love to buy someone's self-motivation skills. Just sayin. >__> Oh, and if anyone wants it, I would sell my laziness! :D

Kevin

kevin del rey
    Years
  • I wouldn't sell any abstract, sorry. If I could sell something physical I would sell my brown eyes for a better colour like blue or something.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I wouldn't sell any of my attributes, tbh. They're too integrated as a part of me, and I need all the help I can get to be an attractive person as it is on some days :P If I could sell negative parts of me maybe, but who would buy that anyway? I doubt there would be a market for laziness, procrastination, etc.

I'm not sure if I would buy attributes either because I'm cheap and almost never spend money. xD

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I think I'll sell my greasy hair for fast growing hair. Can I do that? Yeah, the person getting my greasy hair is getting ripped off, but I don't like it. I'd rather it grow fast than be nasty.

Xyrin

WOW REMEMBER THIS??
    Years
  • Could we buy and sell IQ points? I would greatly expand my IQ. Oh and I'd sell my bad temper or something and buy melloness.

Last edited:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I wouldn't sell any aspect of myself. But if I could by an aspect of someone else, it might be clearer vision.

Truality

Left for good
    Years
    • Seen May 17, 2013
    I wouldn't really sell anything. Personal traits for something as common as money? I would rather trade something unique of my own for something equally unique, then trade it for something else and so on. I think I'd never get bored like this.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • Totally thought this thread was about prostitution

I love everybody's idea to sell their fertility. I'm definitely going to get in on that. Though to be honest, I'm not sure I could in good conscience sell it for money, because in truth I'd pay somebody to take it. If I were swapping for another abstract, I think I'd choose more intelligence, confidence, wit or humour. I already have adequate levels of each of these, but they're truly something of which you can never have enough!

Years
  • No one here would sell a year of their life for insane amounts of money? You can't tell me that isn't tempting. I'd be tempted.

Centiflora X

Thread Killer
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2011
    I'll sell away the rest of my lifetime in exchange for a pleasurable afterlife.

Pokemon Trainer Touko

春野サクラ ♥
    Years
  • I'd sell my fertility, temper and (Scarf's idea) a year in my life to get loads of money, Signomi's amazing art skills and pretty handwriting. Yup. :D

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    Totally thought this thread was about prostitution
    ^ yuuup.

I dunno. There's not a whole lot about me that I think people would like. My hair is super thick and annoying and grows too fast and I wouldn't mind trading that for something that doesn't require me to go get it cut so frequently. ;-; uhhh yeah idek. I'd imagine that whatever good traits you're willing to give up will be worth a huge amount of money, too - it's not like people are going to trade their good traits for other people's bad ones. But... while tempting I guess, I don't think I'd really give up any of the things I consider positive about myself. Money is cool and all (and you could probably go buy other people's good traits too) but I'm more or less fine with how I am. I could do with a little less lazy and procrastination etc, but I wouldn't give away the best parts of me for anything.

Back