• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen [Maractus] vs Audino

Who do you pick?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023

Black and White Weekly Poll: Maractus vs Audino

cAJfJ.png

The one we find too much... and the one we can never find!
    Who do you pick? Discuss!

Last edited:
    Years
  • I choose Audino cos they chuck out so much EXP if you knock it out.

Going on an Audino slaying-fest trains you up very fast.

Plus, Audino has a much better movepool than Maractus as well as the helpful Regenerator ability.

Maractus is cute too, but movepool is too shallow.

That is why I choose Audino.

Juicy

Bone to be wild!
    Years
  • Well Audino is quite ugly in my opinion and I like the colour green so I'm going to have to side with Maractus on this. At first I didn't really like either though but Maractus is growing on me, the more I look at it the cuter it gets.

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
    Years
  • I find Audino to be much cuter than Maractus. Audino also makes for a good supporter role. Maractus may have a good Sp. Atk. stat, but that stat is no good when you consider Maractus's horrible movepool. Audino, for sure.

Pokebreeder22

New Breeder
    Years
  • I love Maractus. Such an interesting looking Pokemon, and very easy to train in my opinion. I bring Maractus with me when I am looking to catch some lower level Pokemon for breeding.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    I've never fought a Wild Maractus in any of the Black or White Copies that I've played and the Trainer AI doesn't usually have them fight very well. Audino I run into many times. If I hear the rustling I dive bomb that patch and murder Audino inside XD

Gunna go with Audino.

Years
    • Seen Jan 14, 2022
    I'm sorry Audino. I know you want me to love you, but I only love you for your experience and simplicity to kill!

Maractus falls into my "looks great, but tends to be ignored" category. Finneon falls into that category too. Someday, I want to make a run with those pokemons.

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
    Years
  • Audino for the win. though a really not overkill for that. I have no opinion regarding the two, but I am voting for Audino just because I find it harder to find, than the cactus. And for me Cactusmon is like a fail Cacnea, while Audino is a pseudoChansey.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    MARACTUS IS SO UNDERRATED, IT DESERVES TO WIN.

Lemme just tell you this Pokémon is SO CUTE! Look at that smile!!! It looks so bashful and Audino just looks like "oh look at me im perfect, so gonna win!!". ;)

I'm sorry but Maractus is just so...great. ♥ IT GETS MY VOTE.

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
    Years
  • Though Audino is a good EXP bunny, I like Maractus a lot more. I think it's cuter and a bit more efficient in battle (reminds me, I need to pick my White back up). Plus, it's a maraca cactus; can't go wrong with that!

Cordelia

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2014
    Maractus is much much better than that stupid Audino. I just love that cute little Pokemon, whilst I hate Audino and slaughter them every chance I get!

VOTE MARACTUS FTW

Gonzo

RNG Sommelier
    Years
  • Maractus looks epic. I love it!
    Audino is a great exp source, so I kill'em off... A massive Audinocide I don't really mind.

Because Audino is in all grasses and Maractus is hard to find, Maractus wins and gets my vote

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Nono guys, who is there to help you to get stonger? Audino ;; Reward it or something!

Either way, Audino looks the cutest out of both. :3

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    LISTEN TO US! Maractus even has the better abilities, and I mean WAY better. Especially its DW ability. Storm Drain will raise its spA when hit by water moves, and it's base spA is already high as well. Perfect combo right there.

Water absorb doesn't raise any of its stats, but still gives the Pokémon HP which is pretty good as well! I think we all know who wins here!!

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Well Audino can help out its team mates with WISH and then Regenerate its own HP, something Maractus can't do. It can only help itself!! Oh yeah, and Audino can further help team mates with dual screens, it's just so helpful. Maractus is so bad if you go on Smogon there's "no strategy found" yeaaaaaah it's not even good enough to get a strategy.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Intresting poll this week! I chose Maractus simply because it's such an underated Pokémon and I love it's design. Don't get me wrong I love grinding Audinos for exp but Maractus is cuter. Also I can see them both getting pre-evolutions, Chansey eventually got Happiny and I can just see something for Maractus.

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
    Years
  • Well Audino can help out its team mates with WISH and then Regenerate its own HP, something Maractus can't do. It can only help itself!! Oh yeah, and Audino can further help team mates with dual screens, it's just so helpful. Maractus is so bad if you go on Smogon there's "no strategy found" yeaaaaaah it's not even good enough to get a strategy.

yeah, I checked out Smogon a little while ago to counter with something competitively, but no! There is no strategy for the Cactus. Audino has way more to offer, with access to Wish, Protect and other stalling moves. Really a pseudoChaney for me. It may not offer as much, but at least it offers something.

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2024
    I'm voting for Audino because Maractus is the ugliest Pokémon ever.

Back